PDA

View Full Version : How much EBM for 2 hours?

CY
October 22nd 05, 07:29 AM
Tomorrow's the night of the symphony. DS is almost 5 months old and I will
be leaving him for about 2 hours with my dear friend. I plan to nurse him
right before we leave but will be leaving her with some EBM. So far I have
6oz pumped. That should be plenty right? Bear in mind he is 20lbs and
tends to nurse frequently in the evenings. I am, hoping that I will be able
to get him to sleep before I go but that may not happen...any words of
wisdom??? Should I pump more just to be safe?

TIA!

Mary W.
October 22nd 05, 12:45 PM
CY wrote:
> Tomorrow's the night of the symphony. DS is almost 5 months old and I will
> be leaving him for about 2 hours with my dear friend. I plan to nurse him
> right before we leave but will be leaving her with some EBM. So far I have
> 6oz pumped. That should be plenty right? Bear in mind he is 20lbs and
> tends to nurse frequently in the evenings. I am, hoping that I will be able
> to get him to sleep before I go but that may not happen...any words of
> wisdom??? Should I pump more just to be safe?

At the peak of my daughter's bottle taking (I was away
from her 8 hours a day then), when she liked the bottle,
she never took more than 4 ounces.

Heck, I bet he doesn't take any at all! 6 should be
more than enough.

Have fun!

Mary W.

Sue
October 22nd 05, 03:16 PM
"CY" > wrote in message
> Tomorrow's the night of the symphony. DS is almost 5 months old and I
>will be leaving him for about 2 hours with my dear friend.

Good for you for getting out!! Have a great time.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Anne Rogers
October 23rd 05, 01:33 PM
should be, but I'd split it into 3 bottles, with the expectation that he
would take 2 at a feed and the 3rd was for emergencies, chances are that
even though he feeds lots in the evening he's taking the milk very slowly.
Ada can quite happily take a 6oz bottle in the morning, but usually only
after a 3+ hour gap.

Anne

Nikki
October 24th 05, 02:19 PM
CY wrote:
> Tomorrow's the night of the symphony. DS is almost 5 months old and
> I will be leaving him for about 2 hours with my dear friend. I plan
> to nurse him right before we leave but will be leaving her with some
> EBM. So far I have 6oz pumped. That should be plenty right? Bear
> in mind he is 20lbs and tends to nurse frequently in the evenings. I
> am, hoping that I will be able to get him to sleep before I go but
> that may not happen...any words of wisdom??? Should I pump more just
> to be safe?

6 ounces should be plenty. You can split it up into two bottles if you want
to save any of it. If not, she can just use the same bottle for 2 hours.
Have fun :-)!!

--
Nikki
Hunter 4/99

October 24th 05, 06:37 PM
CY > writes:
: Tomorrow's the night of the symphony. DS is almost 5 months old and I will
: be leaving him for about 2 hours with my dear friend. I plan to nurse him
: right before we leave but will be leaving her with some EBM. So far I have
: 6oz pumped. That should be plenty right? Bear in mind he is 20lbs and
: tends to nurse frequently in the evenings. I am, hoping that I will be able
: to get him to sleep before I go but that may not happen...any words of
: wisdom??? Should I pump more just to be safe?

: TIA!

I found that we never needed more than 4 oz in that situation. You may
also find that even though he is an avid nurser, he may be much less
willing to take that much from a bottle. That was the case with ours.
Is he experienced with drinking from a bottle?

Larry

CY
October 24th 05, 07:33 PM
He took about an ounce but he did it more for the novelty than anything I
think. He was a perfect angel and it was MUCH less stressful than I
expected, for everyone. DD was a very good girl too. We had a nice time,
though for the last 20 minutes or so, I was getting antsy (and
full!)...thanks for the help and advice, everyone...
"Mary W." > wrote in message
ink.net...

> CY wrote:
>> Tomorrow's the night of the symphony. DS is almost 5 months old and I
>> will be leaving him for about 2 hours with my dear friend. I plan to
>> nurse him right before we leave but will be leaving her with some EBM.
>> So far I have 6oz pumped. That should be plenty right? Bear in mind he
>> is 20lbs and tends to nurse frequently in the evenings. I am, hoping that
>> I will be able to get him to sleep before I go but that may not
>> happen...any words of wisdom??? Should I pump more just to be safe?
>>

> At the peak of my daughter's bottle taking (I was away
> from her 8 hours a day then), when she liked the bottle,
> she never took more than 4 ounces.
>
> Heck, I bet he doesn't take any at all! 6 should be
> more than enough.
>
> Have fun!
>
> Mary W.

CY
October 24th 05, 07:35 PM
No, not at all - he has only ever had one or two other bottles and then only
took a sip or two. He can sip from a cup, so I assumed worse case scenrio
he'd do that. I nursed him right before I left him and he was totally
fine...