PDA

View Full Version : best place to buy nursing bras?

oregonchick
October 23rd 05, 08:02 PM
I am due in December and only have 2 really crappy nursing bras. I bought
them from Motherhood maternity and find that the shoulder straps have
stretched to the point that they slip off my shoulders and there is no more
adjustability in them, they're as tight as they'll go.

I am currently a 38D and would like to order at least a couple to have on
hand for when the baby arrives, but I'm not sure if I should order a cup
size larger? I'm assuming at least that much. I would like to order online
if possible, but if it is an absolute neccessity to try them on, I guess
I'll go into a store. Where's the best place to buy them?

Betsy

Sidheag McCormack
October 23rd 05, 08:52 PM
I've used Bravado nursing bras for almost two years now. The good thing is
that because they're very stretchy and each of their sizes covers several
bra sizes, you can order them before you know exactly what size you're
going to end up. Not wildly sexy but very comfortable!

Sidheag
DS Colin Oct 27 2003

V.
October 23rd 05, 09:49 PM
"oregonchick" > wrote in message
>I am due in December and only have 2 really crappy nursing bras. I bought
>them from Motherhood maternity and find that the shoulder straps have
>stretched to the point that they slip off my shoulders and there is no more
>adjustability in them, they're as tight as they'll go.
>
> I am currently a 38D and would like to order at least a couple to have on
> hand for when the baby arrives, but I'm not sure if I should order a cup
> size larger? I'm assuming at least that much. I would like to order
> online if possible, but if it is an absolute neccessity to try them on, I
> guess I'll go into a store. Where's the best place to buy them?
>
> Betsy

Well, I'm a cheapskate, so I went to Walmart and bought two nursing bras
with those fold-down flaps. I'm due in a month and my regular bras are just
too small, so I figured I'd get nursing bras in case they still fit
afterward. Pretty cheap, and could hold you over anyway.
I also bought a neat nursing bra at Kohl's that's a wrap-around style.
http://tinyurl.com/cztmg
Quite comfy, and I'm currently at 38C/36D.

Amy

Patagonia
October 23rd 05, 10:10 PM
"oregonchick" > wrote in message
>I am due in December and only have 2 really crappy nursing bras. I bought
>them from Motherhood maternity and find that the shoulder straps have
>stretched to the point that they slip off my shoulders and there is no more
>adjustability in them, they're as tight as they'll go.
>
> I am currently a 38D and would like to order at least a couple to have on
> hand for when the baby arrives, but I'm not sure if I should order a cup
> size larger? I'm assuming at least that much. I would like to order
> online if possible, but if it is an absolute neccessity to try them on, I
> guess I'll go into a store. Where's the best place to buy them?
>
> Betsy

For 38DD (but not DDD), I liked Platex Expectant Moments underwire. You can
order them from the Playtex website (sorry - don't have a link). Since I am
a 38DDD this time around, though, I have experimented a lot and found that
the Bravado Supreme is pretty good - it is a soft cup and actually has some
support, unlike the regular Bravado bras, which don't do much for me in
terms of support. You can order them off Breakout Bras website - google for
the link to that.

Good luck!

Anne Rogers
October 23rd 05, 10:43 PM
> I've used Bravado nursing bras for almost two years now. The good thing is
> that because they're very stretchy and each of their sizes covers several
> bra sizes, you can order them before you know exactly what size you're
> going to end up. Not wildly sexy but very comfortable!

I like that idea, I stumbled across some nursing bras in a maternity shop in
the Micronesia Mall on Guam, they are officially medium, which I was told
was 34 B-D, they are definitely 34, but I'd say they are D+, they are
gorgeous, I have one pink and one green and they are lacy but comfortable,
I've just located one of them and the brand appears to be "belabumbum", very
odd, but they are truely the best nursing bras I've used, just done a google
search, look at belabumbum.com, they have that style where it's like there
is 2 cups one with a large hole in the middle, rather than 1 cup that has
been chopped and a bit of elastic attached behind.

http://belabumbum.com/maternity-copabra.html

for the one I have, I am now really tempted to buy some more now I've
tracked them down, I have 2 and have been using both of them and avoiding my
other nursing bras for 4.5 months now and they are getting a little
discoloured, though not particularly worn.

Anne

JJ
October 24th 05, 01:16 AM
I had a couple from Mimi that were OK, but after a few months, I just
started wearing jog bras. I found them a lot more comfortable, even if
a bit more hassle to lift them either up or down.

JJ

Plissken
October 24th 05, 05:16 PM
"oregonchick" > wrote in message
>I am due in December and only have 2 really crappy nursing bras. I bought
>them from Motherhood maternity and find that the shoulder straps have
>stretched to the point that they slip off my shoulders and there is no more
>adjustability in them, they're as tight as they'll go.
>
> I am currently a 38D and would like to order at least a couple to have on
> hand for when the baby arrives, but I'm not sure if I should order a cup
> size larger? I'm assuming at least that much. I would like to order
> online if possible, but if it is an absolute neccessity to try them on, I
> guess I'll go into a store. Where's the best place to buy them?

I own about 4 different brands of nursing bras and the one I love the most
is my Playtex bra. It gives me great support. I heard lots of things about
the Bravado bras and bought two and quite honestly I wasn't impressed. I
found they didn't give very good support. You can get the Playtex at just
about any department store and quite often I see them on sale for 40% off.

Linz
October 25th 05, 02:29 PM
Sidheag McCormack wrote:
> I've used Bravado nursing bras for almost two years now. The good
> thing is that because they're very stretchy and each of their sizes
> covers several bra sizes, you can order them before you know exactly
> what size you're going to end up. Not wildly sexy but very
> comfortable!

I really wanted a Bravado, finally got to try one on, and they don't fit a
32A...

October 25th 05, 05:43 PM
oregonchick wrote:
> I am due in December and only have 2 really crappy nursing bras. I bought
> them from Motherhood maternity and find that the shoulder straps have
> stretched to the point that they slip off my shoulders and there is no more
> adjustability in them, they're as tight as they'll go.
>
> I am currently a 38D and would like to order at least a couple to have on
> hand for when the baby arrives, but I'm not sure if I should order a cup
> size larger? I'm assuming at least that much. I would like to order online
> if possible, but if it is an absolute neccessity to try them on, I guess
> I'll go into a store. Where's the best place to buy them?
>
> Betsy

Here's an online shop with lots of selection.
http://www.sierrablue.com/nurandmatbra.html

I have a Medela, a Bravado, and a couple of Warner's (the kind that
come in a box at the departmnt store). Of them all I prefer the
Warner's. It really depends on your breasts, and what kind of clasp you
prefer. The Bravados are good for when you go up and down in size but
they pull on over your head and maybe won't provide as much support as
you need, depending on your shape.

Elle

Patagonia
October 25th 05, 08:16 PM
> wrote in message
ups.com...
> oregonchick wrote:
>> I am due in December and only have 2 really crappy nursing bras. I
>> bought
>> them from Motherhood maternity and find that the shoulder straps have
>> stretched to the point that they slip off my shoulders and there is no
>> more
>> adjustability in them, they're as tight as they'll go.
>>
>> I am currently a 38D and would like to order at least a couple to have on
>> hand for when the baby arrives, but I'm not sure if I should order a cup
>> size larger? I'm assuming at least that much. I would like to order
>> online
>> if possible, but if it is an absolute neccessity to try them on, I guess
>> I'll go into a store. Where's the best place to buy them?
>>
>> Betsy
>
> Here's an online shop with lots of selection.
> http://www.sierrablue.com/nurandmatbra.html
>
> I have a Medela, a Bravado, and a couple of Warner's (the kind that
> come in a box at the departmnt store). Of them all I prefer the
> Warner's. It really depends on your breasts, and what kind of clasp you
> prefer. The Bravados are good for when you go up and down in size but
> they pull on over your head and maybe won't provide as much support as
> you need, depending on your shape.

The normal Bravados pull over the head and don't give a lot of support, but
the Bravado Supremes fasten with a normal hook clasp in back and are pretty
good with the support. (This is from a current 38DDD . . . )

October 25th 05, 10:15 PM
Patagonia wrote:

> The normal Bravados pull over the head and don't give a lot of support, but
> the Bravado Supremes fasten with a normal hook clasp in back and are pretty
> good with the support. (This is from a current 38DDD . . . )

Thanks I haven't seen those. At about a 36DD I am OK with the normal
ones. but I do generally prefer a fastening bra.

What I really like are the Bravado underpants. Very comfy.

October 26th 05, 07:23 AM
Get measured accurately. Then buy on ebay. Seriously--I get mine there
now--bras that normally cost me $38 are like $17 shipped.

October 28th 05, 03:53 AM
Hi Betsy,

A it is a good idea to order bras that will do two things for you: 1.
be comfortable and supportive, but also 2. make you look and feel
pretty.

If you choose to order online, make sure you follow measuring
instructions for each store (they may vary) - most women change their
size during pregnancy/nursing, so don't go by the size you are used to
wearing.

Please feel free to check out our bras and matching panties - a lot of
our clients think that Eve Alexander is Victoria's Secret for nursing
moms.

Good luck!

Jane
www.EveAlexander.com