PDA

View Full Version : Breastfeeding and Dentistry

Amy
October 24th 05, 03:14 PM
Hi,

Is there anything I should know about breastfeeding and dentistry? If
I have to have novocaine, do I have to "pump and dump"? How does one
pump and dump if one is extremely pump resistant?

Thanks,
Amy

Amy
October 24th 05, 03:55 PM
Amy wrote:

> Is there anything I should know about breastfeeding and dentistry? If
> I have to have novocaine, do I have to "pump and dump"? How does one
> pump and dump if one is extremely pump resistant?

Nevermind, I found my own answer at Kellymom (where else?):

http://www.kellymom.com/health/illness/dentalwork.html

All of my initial searches for "breastfeeding dentist" came back with
information about the baby's cavities. I couldn't figure out how to
search for information about MY cavities. Then I searched for
"breastfeeding novocaine" and found the above site.

Of course, it'll probably take until she's weaned to get an appointment
with a new dentist, anyway... *sigh*

Thanks,
Amy