PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone

Brooke
October 25th 05, 05:31 PM
Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm new at posting and also a new single
mom. My daughter will be 4 months this week! None of my friends or family
are raising kids by themselves so I'm just trying to meet some people in
situations similar to mine.

Brooke

xkatx
October 26th 05, 04:04 PM
"Brooke" > wrote in message
> Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm new at posting and also a new single
> mom. My daughter will be 4 months this week! None of my friends or family
> are raising kids by themselves so I'm just trying to meet some people in
> situations similar to mine.
>
> Brooke

Hey Brooke,
Welcome from Alberta, Canada. I'm Kat...
I'm not really a single mom anymore, but I was for a while and have been
floating around here since my son was even more of a wee one than he is now.
I have two boys, 4.5 and 5.5 and one girl who's about a week and a half
short of 3 months old.
The oldest doesn't live with me, but the boys get to hang out.

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

Kim
October 26th 05, 09:44 PM
"Brooke" > wrote in message
> Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm new at posting and also a new single
> mom. My daughter will be 4 months this week! None of my friends or family
> are raising kids by themselves so I'm just trying to meet some people in
> situations similar to mine.
>
> Brooke

Hello Brooke!

Single Canadian mom here son is 18 3/4's daughter is going through drama
trauma teens she's 14 1/2...

Kim

Brooke
October 27th 05, 04:09 PM
"'Kate" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 16:31:26 GMT, "Brooke" > the
> following was posted in blue dry erase marker:
>

> Hiya Brooke. Welcome to the wonderful world of single parenting. How's
> it going so far?
>
> I'm 'Kate. I've been a single parent for 7 years. My "children" are now
> 15, 17, and 26. I live in the US - Texas where the weather is beautiful
> five days a year. :-)

Just wanted to say thanks Kate, xkatx, and Kim. The single parenting is
going good so far. Skyler (my daughter) will be 4 months next week. Minus a
little drama with the ex, everything has been wonderful. We live in Western
North Carolina.

Kim
October 28th 05, 12:00 PM
"Brooke" > wrote in message

> "'Kate" > wrote in message
>> On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 16:31:26 GMT, "Brooke" > the
>> following was posted in blue dry erase marker:
>>

>> Hiya Brooke. Welcome to the wonderful world of single parenting. How's
>> it going so far?
>>
>> I'm 'Kate. I've been a single parent for 7 years. My "children" are now
>> 15, 17, and 26. I live in the US - Texas where the weather is beautiful
>> five days a year. :-)
>>

> Just wanted to say thanks Kate, xkatx, and Kim. The single parenting is
> going good so far. Skyler (my daughter) will be 4 months next week. Minus
> a little drama with the ex, everything has been wonderful. We live in
> Western North Carolina.

That's wonderful to hear! it's a long road but the rewards are worth it...
Skyler will grow super fast so take lots of pictures :) Scrap booking is a
big thing in these parts at the moment... I still don't have the knack but
yaknow I can still look at my photos' and have a few chuckles at the
memories :) Cherish this year cause the moment she's mobile you're done
for! hehehe Kidding -- not -- well ok just a little... LOL It'll be fun
*grin*

Brooke
October 29th 05, 05:19 PM
"Kim" > wrote in message

> That's wonderful to hear! it's a long road but the rewards are worth
> it... Skyler will grow super fast so take lots of pictures :) Scrap
> booking is a big thing in these parts at the moment... I still don't have
> the knack but yaknow I can still look at my photos' and have a few
> chuckles at the memories :) Cherish this year cause the moment she's
> mobile you're done for! hehehe Kidding -- not -- well ok just a little...
> LOL It'll be fun *grin*

I've tried scrap booking too, but always seem to get hopelessly distracted.
;) She's already growing faster than I thought possible. She just turned 4
months yesterday and is already the length of a 7 month old!! Of course that
means nothing fits her..so I guess I will have to start making clothes soon.
:)

CME
October 30th 05, 07:13 AM
"Brooke" > wrote in message
> Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm new at posting and also a new single
> mom. My daughter will be 4 months this week! None of my friends or family
> are raising kids by themselves so I'm just trying to meet some people in
> situations similar to mine.
>
> Brooke

Hi Brooke, welcome to the group from another Albertan. I have nearly 10
year old twin boys, so when you talk about them growing up fast I know just
how you feel. lol

Christine

xkatx
November 7th 05, 05:21 AM
"'Kate" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 16:19:01 GMT, "Brooke" > the
> following was posted in blue dry erase marker:
>

>>"Kim" > wrote in message
>>

>>> That's wonderful to hear! it's a long road but the rewards are worth
>>> it... Skyler will grow super fast so take lots of pictures :) Scrap
>>> booking is a big thing in these parts at the moment... I still don't
>>> have
>>> the knack but yaknow I can still look at my photos' and have a few
>>> chuckles at the memories :) Cherish this year cause the moment she's
>>> mobile you're done for! hehehe Kidding -- not -- well ok just a
>>> little...
>>> LOL It'll be fun *grin*
>>>

>>I've tried scrap booking too, but always seem to get hopelessly
>>distracted.
>>;) She's already growing faster than I thought possible. She just turned 4
>>months yesterday and is already the length of a 7 month old!! Of course
>>that
>>means nothing fits her..so I guess I will have to start making clothes
>>soon.
>>:)
>
> I never got into scrapbooking. Heck, our photo album is a plastic
> container that's now taped with duck/t tape. I haven't quite pulled it
> all back together after the hurricane scare.

Wow. You and me both. I tried to scrapbook... I gave up very, very
quickly, but only after spending money on garbage supplies I realize I won't
ever use... So far, our "family" scrapbook has 1 page of Amie's ultrasound
picture and a whole crapload of inserts ready to have things added to them.
Not gonna happen.

> But sewing.. yeah, I use to love sewing for the girlies.

Here I hate sewing... I can't do it, therefore I think it sucks ;) I try,
though, but fail miserably. Reminds me of how I had failed home ec back in
junior high. :'(