PDA

View Full Version : Looking For Single Parents of Toddler(s) For TV Documentary for PBS Stations

October 28th 05, 01:23 AM
Looking for Single Parents of Toddler(s) for TV Documentary for PBS
Stations

A new documentary from award-winning producers on the health and growth
of young children is underway, specifically we are focusing on toddler
age. We are looking for a mix of families of diverse economic and
social backgrounds who have compelling, heartfelt stories and
experiences to share. Please be expressive and willing to appear on
camera with your children.

Below are some possible scenarios; however, if there is another story
that you feel is right, please share that with us, as well.

-Single Career Parent with toddler(s)
-Parent with two or more toddlers with different personalities &
behavior. Can be biological, adopted, or twins.
-Toddler that might have older siblings who are expressive and
observant about toddler-aged brother or sister.
-Diverse group of mothers or fathers of toddlers who meet regularly to
discuss the joys and challenges of raising young children.

The objective of this documentary is to explore how parents and
caregivers are raising toddlers to be happy, healthy and confident. We
know it isn't easy, we all face individual stressors. We would love to
hear about your challenges, victories and personal insights about your
child's development. Tell us about the tools you use to communicate
with your child, your routines and discipline techniques, etc. What are
your biggest concerns about raising a young child today, and what are
your hopes for their future?

If this strikes a chord, please email Shareen at:
.
Send contact info, short description of your family, including ages of
parent and kids, observations of how your toddler is growing and
expanding his/her skills, and why you'd like to be considered for this
documentary. Also, please send a photo of you and your family. Toddler
Groups should send description of the mothers or fathers and toddlers,
what you are learning together and why it is so meaningful.

*Please respond quickly to be considered, as we are working under a
tight production deadline. (If selected, we would spend 1-2 days with
your family sometime during the first two weeks of November.)

Moon Shyne
October 28th 05, 10:31 AM
> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Looking for Single Parents of Toddler(s) for TV Documentary for PBS
> Stations
>
> A new documentary from award-winning producers

Oh? Anyone we've heard of? Perhaps we'll have heard of the awards?

on the health and growth
> of young children is underway, specifically we are focusing on toddler
> age.

What's the 'we' stuff, Kemosabe?

We are looking for a mix of families of diverse economic and
> social backgrounds who have compelling, heartfelt stories and
> experiences to share. Please be expressive and willing to appear on
> camera with your children.

Well, ya do it this way, and yuo're only going to get people who have
interenet access and read the newsgroup - not real diverse there...

> Below are some possible scenarios; however, if there is another story
> that you feel is right, please share that with us, as well.
>
> -Single Career Parent with toddler(s)

Having a toddler only FEELS like a career - this, too, shall pass

> -Parent with two or more toddlers with different personalities &
> behavior. Can be biological, adopted, or twins.

Trust us - ALL toddlers have different personalities and behavior. So to
teenagers. Come to think of us, so do we.

> -Toddler that might have older siblings who are expressive and
> observant about toddler-aged brother or sister.

They're expressive, all right - but if we let anyone know what they said,
we're ALL in big trouble

> -Diverse group of mothers or fathers of toddlers who meet regularly to
> discuss the joys and challenges of raising young children.

Joys? There were joys? Did anyone send US that memo??

> The objective of this documentary is to explore how parents and
> caregivers are raising toddlers to be happy, healthy and confident.

We are?

We
> know it isn't easy, we all face individual stressors. We would love to
> hear about your challenges, victories and personal insights about your
> child's development.

Uh huh.

Tell us about the tools you use to communicate
> with your child,

That would be my mouth, to speak - they can't read my handwriting yet

your routines

Beat them daily

and discipline techniques, etc.

Ok, beat 'em twice daily

What are
> your biggest concerns about raising a young child today,

Nio matter how much you feed 'em, they're still hungry - can't figure that
one out

and what are
> your hopes for their future?

That I live long enough to have revenge

> If this strikes a chord, please email Shareen at:
> .

That chord is sounding just a wee bit flat - wanna call the tuner?

> Send contact info, short description of your family, including ages of
> parent and kids, observations of how your toddler is growing and
> expanding his/her skills, and why you'd like to be considered for this
> documentary. Also, please send a photo of you and your family. Toddler
> Groups should send description of the mothers or fathers and toddlers,
> what you are learning together and why it is so meaningful.

Sure...... we're all going to send a total stranger on the internet all that
info about our families, incuding pictures? What are you smoking, and why
not think about giving it up?