PDA

View Full Version : scared after dr's visit-update (bit long)

Niki
August 6th 03, 06:21 PM
Hi, all. Well, I guess you can count me as more nervous than scared
now. As I wrote last week, I freaked out when I began spotting right
before a visit to my fill-in RE (mine is *still* on vacation -- grrr).
I was at 6w4d, and we saw the sac and heartbeat and everything, but he
told me he was worried about the heart rate. Plus, he said my
progesterone was "borderline," so he put me on Crinone. Sooo ... I
went back to another fill-in RE yesterday, at 7w3d, and the little
peanut is still there, heart beating, but he tells me he/she is
smaller than they would hope for at this time. So his advice was
basically: Hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

Neither of the fill-ins, I felt, could properly answer my questions.
I'm wondering if they're counting 14 days after the last day of my
first period to determine the proper size. If so, I had an hcg shot on
my *17th* day, meaning I didn't ovulate until the 18th or 19th day, so
I keep reassuring myself that that could be the reason for the size
discrepancy. I've also had no more spotting, I feel nauseous sometimes
and my breast tenderness comes and goes. All OK signs, I guess. I'm a
little nervous b/c I'm supposed to fly this weekend to Washington,
D.C., but the last RE said that should be fine unless I'm bleeding.

I was really hoping this visit would be good news, but it seems more
like no news. My RE gets back next week, and I have another u/s, so I
hope things are better then. I also am supposed to have my first visit
with my ob/gyn that week. Keep me in your thoughts, as you all are in
mine!

Cheers,
Niki
edd March 22, 2004

Andrea
August 6th 03, 06:53 PM
Hi Niki,

Please try to remain positive.
I had a U/s at 5 weeks and was told I had a massive sub-chorionic bleed. I
was also told that I would lose the baby. I was spotting too. One week later
week 6 I saw a tiny flickering heartbeat, and was told that things looked
worse - the clot had moved and was gonna come away and it was attached to
the placenta, so my healthy baby was going to come out.
They told me to come back at 11 weeks if I hadn't already miscarried by
then.
I worried myself sick. I thought I was going to lose my baby or
hemhorrage.But we beat the odds and at the 11 week U/s my baby was just
fine, and all that remained of the clot was a big scar.
Kamron is now a healthy 8 week old baby, so please don't give up hope.

Andrea mom of 5 - latest addition Kamron David 8 weeks old weighing 14
pounds.

"Niki" > wrote in message
m...
> Hi, all. Well, I guess you can count me as more nervous than scared
> now. As I wrote last week, I freaked out when I began spotting right
> before a visit to my fill-in RE (mine is *still* on vacation -- grrr).
> I was at 6w4d, and we saw the sac and heartbeat and everything, but he
> told me he was worried about the heart rate. Plus, he said my
> progesterone was "borderline," so he put me on Crinone. Sooo ... I
> went back to another fill-in RE yesterday, at 7w3d, and the little
> peanut is still there, heart beating, but he tells me he/she is
> smaller than they would hope for at this time. So his advice was
> basically: Hope for the best but prepare for the worst.
>
> Neither of the fill-ins, I felt, could properly answer my questions.
> I'm wondering if they're counting 14 days after the last day of my
> first period to determine the proper size. If so, I had an hcg shot on
> my *17th* day, meaning I didn't ovulate until the 18th or 19th day, so
> I keep reassuring myself that that could be the reason for the size
> discrepancy. I've also had no more spotting, I feel nauseous sometimes
> and my breast tenderness comes and goes. All OK signs, I guess. I'm a
> little nervous b/c I'm supposed to fly this weekend to Washington,
> D.C., but the last RE said that should be fine unless I'm bleeding.
>
> I was really hoping this visit would be good news, but it seems more
> like no news. My RE gets back next week, and I have another u/s, so I
> hope things are better then. I also am supposed to have my first visit
> with my ob/gyn that week. Keep me in your thoughts, as you all are in
> mine!
>
> Cheers,
> Niki
> edd March 22, 2004

Niki
August 7th 03, 10:47 PM
Thanks, everybody, for the encouraging words. It's so tough -- I want
to be excited, but then I feel like I shouldn't be *too* excited ...
just in case. Plus, with these crazy hormones, I'm up and down like a
yo-yo anyway! I'm just going to stay positive and remember everything
you've said. Sometimes I think the docs feel like they have to give
these doomsday scenarios so we don't blame them if something goes
wrong. Anyway, I'm heartened by your stories. My best friend since
high school just called last night to tell me she's pg with her second
and due 10 days before I am. I'm taking it as a sign -- we always did
everything together!

Andrea -- congrats on Kamron! And Henrietta, good to hear from my EDD
twin again!

Cheers,
Niki
edd March 22, 2004

Niki
August 13th 03, 03:09 PM
Hi, everyone. Just wanted to let you know that I had my 8-week
ultrasound yesterday, and all seems to be going well! Finally! My
regular RE was back, and he was as encouraging as could be. They had
me at exactly 8 weeks, and peanut measured 7w6d, so good news there,
and the heartbeat was thumping just as fast as it should be. He's
handing me over to my ob/gyn -- first visit is tomorrow! Thanks again
for all your support. I'm still cautious, but a lot happier.

Cheers,
Niki
New EDD-March 24, 2004

Em
August 13th 03, 10:06 PM
"Niki" > wrote in message
> Hi, everyone. Just wanted to let you know that I had my 8-week
> ultrasound yesterday, and all seems to be going well! Finally! My
> regular RE was back, and he was as encouraging as could be. They had
> me at exactly 8 weeks, and peanut measured 7w6d, so good news there,
> and the heartbeat was thumping just as fast as it should be. He's
> handing me over to my ob/gyn -- first visit is tomorrow! Thanks again
> for all your support. I'm still cautious, but a lot happier.

Sounds great, Niki! I'm relieved for you. It is so great to see the little
heart beating!

--
Em
edd 9/23/03