PDA

View Full Version : Re: Baby Announcement Cards

Tracey
August 6th 03, 06:41 PM
Usenet Fan wrote:

> When the bub arrives, I want to send announcement cards to our friends
> and family. Many don't have email, and this is a pretty traditional
> thing to do on both sides of our families.
>
> Any suggestions of websites or catalogs that have decent selections,
> and more importantly, reasonable prices?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Robin
> #1 "Thumper" EDD early December 2003

I had pictures taken at JCpenneys (DS was in just a diaper, on his tummy,
sleeping and they put a big blue bow over his back with a little tag that
said "special delivery". We used the white mosquito netting background.
I had them print out the pictures on greeting cards (like I do for
Christmas) and the side said "hey diddle diddle, announcing someone little'
and on the side there, I wrote his weight, birthdate, and name. Everyone
loved them. It cost me about $45 for 60 of them.

Mary W.
August 6th 03, 06:58 PM
> Usenet Fan wrote:
>
> > When the bub arrives, I want to send announcement cards to our friends
> > and family. Many don't have email, and this is a pretty traditional
> > thing to do on both sides of our families.
> >
> > Any suggestions of websites or catalogs that have decent selections,
> > and more importantly, reasonable prices?
> >
> > Many thanks,
> >
> > Robin
> > #1 "Thumper" EDD early December 2003

We used the following website:

http://www.finestationary.com/

We got Stacey Claire Boyd announcements that were just lovely.
They weren't cheap, but boy did I like them. You can see them
here:

http://tinyurl.com/j6vh

Service was great, as was selection. I didn't do much price
comparing so I don't know how they compare.

Mary

annafine
August 9th 03, 06:42 AM
Robin,

Sending out announcement cards to friends and family is a traditional
thing to do in my family as well.

Since my baby is due in mid October 2003, I chose to save money not
only on the cards themselves, but also on postage. Here's how:

1) I chose to make the cards myself (I'm a rubber stamper so only
needed a few supplies which I can use for making cards for others'
babies, scrapbooking, etc, so it was a good investment).

2) I made postcards. On the front of the postcard, I have a teddy
bear with a green bow tie and button (the bear is called "button
bear"). I used green as the background color. AFTER the baby is
born, I am going to stamp on the card (under the bear) either "It's a
Girl" or "It's a Boy" (whichever the case may be).

I have all the postcards addressed to friends and relatives, with a
few extra cards that I can address later in case I realize I forgot
someone.

I have also filled in the parent information.

After my baby is born, I will have to stamp the "It's a ..." and write
in the baby's name, weight, length, etc. but I otherwise have the
birth announcements for my baby finished.

For me, stamping is a hobby...I do it for fun!

IF you might be interested in having some special made cards, email me
and we can talk business. I would be willing to make simple cards or
postcards for you for as little as 50 cents each...more complex cards
would be at least $1.00 each. I would charge you for shipping as
well...shipping would be based on the number of cards you wanted (I
would charge you exact shipping for what it cost me to mail the cards
to you).

I can email you some pictures of stamps that I have that would be good
for baby announcements and you can let me know what you might like.
Also, you can pick your colors as well.

If you wanted envelopes, I would have to figure cost of them from
Walmart or an office store...this would increase your shipping cost.
You could easily find the correct size envelope at one of your local
stores and save yourself some money on the cost of me shipping
envelopes to you (unless you wanted them stamped to match the cards).

Keep in mind that even though all the same materials would be used in
making these cards that they are hand made and may vary slightly.
Also, because I am using Stampin' Up products, I MUST stamp on the
back of the card the Stampin' Up angel policy stamp...this is like a
trademark stamp such as you would see on a Hallmark or other brand
card.

I hope to hear from you soon. Email me at and put in
the subject line something about Baby Announcements so I will know
what the email is for.

My EDD is October 18...so the sooner I hear from you, the better.

Anna

PS. If you want traditional baby announcements from a professional
printing company, there are TONS of them out there...do a search using
Yahoo...I'm sure you'll find something. Also, many magazines such as
American Baby, Parents, Parenting, etc. have ads for buying birth
announcements if you should wish to go that route.