PDA

View Full Version : Re: new childfree newsgroup where parents can post too

Naomi Pardue
August 6th 03, 11:31 PM
>Really, when you think about it, it's as inappropriate as someone with
>children posting to a primary infertility newsgroup! and that is "NOT
>ON"!!!
>
>Geez... what next... people who don't have alcohol problems posting to
>alcoholics anon support groups

Hmmm... it's not at all uncommon for family members/friends of migraineurs to
post to alt.support.headaches-migraine. They often have questions/concerns
about their family members and friends.

Naomi
CAPPA Certified Lactation Educator

reply.)

-L.
August 7th 03, 05:37 AM
(Naomi Pardue) wrote in message >...
> >Really, when you think about it, it's as inappropriate as someone with
> >children posting to a primary infertility newsgroup! and that is "NOT
> >ON"!!!
> >
> >Geez... what next... people who don't have alcohol problems posting to
> >alcoholics anon support groups
>

> Hmmm... it's not at all uncommon for family members/friends of migraineurs to
> post to alt.support.headaches-migraine. They often have questions/concerns
> about their family members and friends.

Depends on the charter, and the membership. In AIP, for instance,
anyone who is not a primary infertile is not welcome per the charter,
but if someone were to post "how can I help my friend", that probably
*would* be welcomed, although most likely the person would be sent to
the alt.infertility subgroup, as that is the appropriate place to ask
that question. Most support groups tend to try to keep their
membership pretty clean (for good reason).

-L.