PDA

View Full Version : Re: Can Anyone Help?

Nan
November 13th 05, 07:40 PM
On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 14:03:17 -0500, (SHERRY) wrote:

>I am pumping my milk for my baby since she is in the NICU and Friday i
>got sick from Food Poison. My question is can it effect my babys milk?
>I have been pumping even while i was sick, but i have been throwing
>that milk away. If it can effect her how long should i wait before i
>save any more of my milk. I am feeling 100% better now but its only
>been about 2 days. Thanks for any help, you can give me.

Hi Sherry,
I don't have an answer, but I'm cross-posting this to misc.kids
breastfeeding. I'm sure the knowledgeable ladies and gents there can
help you :-)

Nan

November 13th 05, 09:59 PM
Nan > writes:
: On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 14:03:17 -0500, (SHERRY) wrote:

:>I am pumping my milk for my baby since she is in the NICU and Friday i
:>got sick from Food Poison. My question is can it effect my babys milk?
:>I have been pumping even while i was sick, but i have been throwing
:>that milk away. If it can effect her how long should i wait before i
:>save any more of my milk. I am feeling 100% better now but its only
:>been about 2 days. Thanks for any help, you can give me.

: Hi Sherry,
: I don't have an answer, but I'm cross-posting this to misc.kids
: breastfeeding. I'm sure the knowledgeable ladies and gents there can
: help you :-)

: Nan

Pump and feed. If your friend is feeling better already her milk
is OK. Better that she should go to the NICU and nurse directly.

Good luck,
Larry

Patagonia
November 14th 05, 01:38 AM
> wrote in message ...
> Nan > writes:
> : On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 14:03:17 -0500, (SHERRY) wrote:
>
> :>I am pumping my milk for my baby since she is in the NICU and Friday i
> :>got sick from Food Poison. My question is can it effect my babys milk?
> :>I have been pumping even while i was sick, but i have been throwing
> :>that milk away. If it can effect her how long should i wait before i
> :>save any more of my milk. I am feeling 100% better now but its only
> :>been about 2 days. Thanks for any help, you can give me.
>
> : Hi Sherry,
> : I don't have an answer, but I'm cross-posting this to misc.kids
> : breastfeeding. I'm sure the knowledgeable ladies and gents there can
> : help you :-)
>
> : Nan
>
> Pump and feed. If your friend is feeling better already her milk
> is OK. Better that she should go to the NICU and nurse directly.
>
> Good luck,
> Larry

So does food poisoning pass into bm? I had wondered that myself, though
never have had cause for concern myself.

Jo
November 14th 05, 02:47 AM
Patagonia wrote:
> > wrote in message ...
>
>>Nan > writes:
>>: On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 14:03:17 -0500, (SHERRY) wrote:
>>
>>:>I am pumping my milk for my baby since she is in the NICU and Friday i
>>:>got sick from Food Poison. My question is can it effect my babys milk?
>>:>I have been pumping even while i was sick, but i have been throwing
>>:>that milk away. If it can effect her how long should i wait before i
>>:>save any more of my milk. I am feeling 100% better now but its only
>>:>been about 2 days. Thanks for any help, you can give me.
>>
>>: Hi Sherry,
>>: I don't have an answer, but I'm cross-posting this to misc.kids
>>: breastfeeding. I'm sure the knowledgeable ladies and gents there can
>>: help you :-)
>>
>>: Nan
>>
>>Pump and feed. If your friend is feeling better already her milk
>>is OK. Better that she should go to the NICU and nurse directly.
>>
>>Good luck,
>>Larry
>

> So does food poisoning pass into bm? I had wondered that myself, though
> never have had cause for concern myself.

I would think no, as the gut is affected... does it get into the
bloodstream??

Jo

Me Myself and I
November 14th 05, 04:30 AM
> wrote in message ...
> Nan > writes:
> : On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 14:03:17 -0500, (SHERRY) wrote:
>snip
>
> Pump and feed. If your friend is feeling better already her milk
> is OK. Better that she should go to the NICU and nurse directly.
>
> Good luck,
> Larry

My understanding is that the baby was very early and at present weighs just
over 2lb, so she won't be feeding from the breast for several more weeks I'm
sorry to say.

--
Pip

My girls :
Abby - 8 weeks early now 9 months old and has started to babble
Jasmine - 5 weeks early now 3.5 yrs Favourite saying "What you doing that
for?"

"Inside me is a skinny women screaming to get out........but I can normally
keep the b*tch quiet with cookies"

--

Akuvikate
November 14th 05, 06:51 AM
Nan wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 14:03:17 -0500, (SHERRY) wrote:
>
> >I am pumping my milk for my baby since she is in the NICU and Friday i
> >got sick from Food Poison. My question is can it effect my babys milk?
> >I have been pumping even while i was sick, but i have been throwing
> >that milk away. If it can effect her how long should i wait before i
> >save any more of my milk. I am feeling 100% better now but its only
> >been about 2 days. Thanks for any help, you can give me.

I could imagine it might well affect your supply, but it shouldn't
affect the quality of your milk. So whatever you did manage to pump
should be fine. Whenever you have questions about this you can also
let your baby's nurse or doctor know what's going on and they can
advise you whether or not it's safe to feed the milk.

Kate, ignorant foot soldier of the medical cartel
and the Bug, almost 2 and 1/2