PDA

View Full Version : Recommended Questions to Ask at First OB Exam

Carol Ann
August 11th 03, 03:27 PM
I have a few questions:

~Am I really pregnant?
~How far along am I?
~Prenatal testing and the timing?

Any other ideas?

Carol Ann
www.lowcarblosers.com ~ Home of the Monthly Challenges!
www.bestinatlanta.com ~ Your City Guide to Metro Atlanta!

Daye
August 11th 03, 09:19 PM
On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 14:27:46 GMT, "Carol Ann"
> wrote:

>I have a few questions:
>
>~Am I really pregnant?
>~How far along am I?
>~Prenatal testing and the timing?

If the prenatal tests are abnormal, what are the steps that are then
taken?

What is your c-section rate?

What is your general philosophy of child birth and labor?

--
Daye
Momma to Jayan

Erin
August 13th 03, 03:06 AM
Also,

What is your fetal monitoring policy?
(Some hospitals or centers automatically insert a fetal monitor into the
baby in labor, meaning you've got wires hanging out of you than may impede
comfort/movement. Others put the "band" around your belly ...)

What is your policy on early labor and eating?
(If you are the type that feels nauseous or worn out if you don't eat
something every few hours, be aware some places still claim laboring women
should eat/drink nothing but ice chips. Others allow you some food or
fluids, at least in the earlier stages.)

If I have a normal vaginal birth and the baby and I have no problems, then
how long is the average hospital stay after the birth? What if I had a
c-section; how long then?

--Erin, edd 10/26/03