PDA

View Full Version : First solids!

Child
November 22nd 05, 12:22 AM
The Monk had his very first solids (at 5 months, 2 weeks and day) over the
weekend - fresh steamed butternut squash mashed to a pulp. He made a
terrible face on the first bite but easily moved the food to the back of the
mouth, swallowed and opened for more. He does his "eaty eaty" sign (that
head shaking, mouth open thing) at the spoon if you dont' feed him fast
enough and is VERY excited when he sees that spoon! As of yet, no sign of
allergy or gastric issue - no gas, no runs, and no spitting!

He's still quite happy on his boob too! Nice to see i can have my butternut
squash and my booby too, says Monk. And I have finally gotten to the point
where I see what people mean when they say BF is easier. I remember that
first week struggling and turning to my mom and saying "Who the @#$@#$ are
these people who think this is easier than warming a bottle of formula??".
I guess "these people" is me!

Thanks for all your help getting here! Wouldn't have made it so far EBF
without this group.

--
BethF
Anchorage, Alaska

Nikki
November 22nd 05, 03:48 PM
Child wrote:

> He's still quite happy on his boob too! Nice to see i can have my
> butternut squash and my booby too, says Monk. And I have finally
> gotten to the point where I see what people mean when they say BF is
> easier.

Fabulous!! What a great post :-)

--
Nikki
Hunter 4/99

Melania
November 22nd 05, 09:25 PM
Child wrote:
> The Monk had his very first solids (at 5 months, 2 weeks and day) over the
> weekend - fresh steamed butternut squash mashed to a pulp. He made a
> terrible face on the first bite but easily moved the food to the back of the
> mouth, swallowed and opened for more. He does his "eaty eaty" sign (that
> head shaking, mouth open thing) at the spoon if you dont' feed him fast
> enough and is VERY excited when he sees that spoon! As of yet, no sign of
> allergy or gastric issue - no gas, no runs, and no spitting!
>
> He's still quite happy on his boob too! Nice to see i can have my butternut
> squash and my booby too, says Monk. And I have finally gotten to the point
> where I see what people mean when they say BF is easier. I remember that
> first week struggling and turning to my mom and saying "Who the @#$@#$ are
> these people who think this is easier than warming a bottle of formula??".
> I guess "these people" is me!
>
> Thanks for all your help getting here! Wouldn't have made it so far EBF
> without this group.
>
> --
> BethF
> Anchorage, Alaska
> Mom to Benjamin (AKA The Monk, or Tadpole) 6-4-2005

I love the head shaking, open mouth thing! We just started ds#2 on
solids about a week ago. Now he has tried and loved bananas, arepas
(cornmeal bread), peas, rice, and a bit of chewed up ham. He hated rice
and oatmeal cereal, avocados, and yams. We'll try him on squash
tonight! He gets very angry if he's sitting in the high chair at the
table while everyone else is eating, and isn't getting anything
himself. Now I need to get a food grinder so I can just give him
whatever we're having for dinner (the one we used with ds#1 broke).

Have fun!

Melania