PDA

View Full Version : ttc need advise

August 12th 03, 01:03 AM
we just got news that my dh has a low sperm count. it may take months to
get into an urologist.

is there any advise on how to proceed. any tips or tricks? should we save
it up and give it one good shot or does that matter?

anyone else been in this boat? we got pregnant this time last year but I
m/c in sept and been trying ever since with nothing but a roller coaster
ride.

any advise?

Truffles
August 12th 03, 02:05 AM
J wrote:

> we just got news that my dh has a low sperm count. it may take months to
> get into an urologist.
>
> is there any advise on how to proceed. any tips or tricks? should we save
> it up and give it one good shot or does that matter?
>
> anyone else been in this boat? we got pregnant this time last year but I
> m/c in sept and been trying ever since with nothing but a roller coaster
> ride.
>
> any advise?

There are a few Infertility groups.

misc.health.infertility and alt.infertility are the groups to ask about
procedures.

If you have no living children, then you can post on alt.infertility
primary for support (if you have children then alt.infertility.secondary).

Before posting on the infertility groups you should read the faq for
proper use of headers (in case someone is having a bad day).

--
Brigitte aa #2145
edd #3 February 15, 2004

~ Harriet Martineau

Jayne Kulikauskas
August 12th 03, 04:23 AM
"Larry McMahan" > wrote in message
> J > writes:
>
> : is there any advise on how to proceed. any tips or tricks? should we
save
> : it up and give it one good shot or does that matter?
>
> Knowing little or nothing more than what is in this post, I will say...
>
> You should save it up and give it 2 or 3 good shots. In particular...
>
> You should not have sex for at least a week before you "start trying,"
> then you should try 4 days before ovulation, 2 days before ovulation, and
> on ovulation day. Of course, I am assuming you know when you are going
> to ovulate, and this can be tricky, but if you use the methods in one
> of the fertility awareness books, you can guess pretty good.

Good info on how to tell you are ovulating and how to get pregnant on this
site:
http://www.billingsmethod.com/

Jayne

Larry McMahan
August 12th 03, 04:47 AM
J > writes:

: is there any advise on how to proceed. any tips or tricks? should we save
: it up and give it one good shot or does that matter?

Knowing little or nothing more than what is in this post, I will say...

You should save it up and give it 2 or 3 good shots. In particular...

You should not have sex for at least a week before you "start trying,"
then you should try 4 days before ovulation, 2 days before ovulation, and
on ovulation day. Of course, I am assuming you know when you are going
to ovulate, and this can be tricky, but if you use the methods in one
of the fertility awareness books, you can guess pretty good.

There are also some things your DH can do to increase his sperm count
slightly. Like wearing boxers instead of briefs. (They produce less
when they are warmer). There may be some foods he can eat, but I'll
let one of the nutritionists in the group answer that one.

Good luck,
Larry

Buzzy Bee
August 12th 03, 05:15 PM
On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 21:33:37 -0230, "J" >
wrote:
but then again I might just have mucked up the snipping as usual!
>we just got news that my dh has a low sperm count. it may take months to
>get into an urologist.
>
>is there any advise on how to proceed. any tips or tricks? should we save
>it up and give it one good shot or does that matter?
>
>anyone else been in this boat? we got pregnant this time last year but I
>m/c in sept and been trying ever since with nothing but a roller coaster
>ride.
>
>any advise?

Yep. Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler (you can order
it from Amazon) has some advice on this front (pretty much what Larry
has said). It is also *the* charting book as far as I am concerned
and for your situation charting would probably be very very useful.
We have a similar situation though for very different reasons and its
very useful to have a fair idea when to 'go for it' so to speak.

Megan
--
Seoras David Montgomery, 7 May 2003, 17 hours: sunrise to sunset (homebirth)
Seoras' story: http://seoras.farr-montgomery.com

To e-mail use: megan at farr-montgomery dot com

August 13th 03, 12:54 AM
thanks for all the advise. we'll give it a shot next time around.
"J" > wrote in message
> we just got news that my dh has a low sperm count. it may take months to
> get into an urologist.
>
> is there any advise on how to proceed. any tips or tricks? should we save
> it up and give it one good shot or does that matter?
>
> anyone else been in this boat? we got pregnant this time last year but I
> m/c in sept and been trying ever since with nothing but a roller coaster
> ride.
>
> any advise?

Tatjana Farkin
August 13th 03, 10:24 AM
Hi,

you're welcome to join the mkp TTC group, to be found at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mkpttc

As for saving up sperm (we have some sperm issues, too, so I've done a
bit of reading) - around 2 days is a good idea, i.e. don't bd every day.
But don't save up for too long, either, because the sperm starts
deteriorating after a couple of days! There's a new study which suggests
that men who have impaired sperm should wait no longer than 2 days!

--
Tatjana
PCOS - TTC #1 for 2 years

na
August 14th 03, 04:20 PM
my husband and I were ttc for 6 months with no success, I was watching my
basal body temprature and CM every day..
We bought an Ovulation prediction kit an d got pregnant on out first
positive ovulation reading. (im sure you know and have heard that you
shouldnt 'baby dance' every day, if the timing is right, baby dance every
other day and maybe you will hit fead on!

Good luck!