PDA

View Full Version : WHO's glaring breastfeeding omission - was Re: Breastfeeding'good for mothers'

Todd Gastaldo
November 23rd 05, 01:01 PM
WHO's GLARING BREASTFEEDING OMISSION

Attention WHO via and other WHO addressees listed
below...

WHO's glaring breastfeeding omission in effect denies massive numbers of
babies massive numbers of free daily immunizations.

WHO is failing to do something SIMPLE to help make both the immunization
(breastfeeding) and vaccination rates skyrocket.

See below.

BBC was quoted by Roman Bystrianyk:

>> The World Health Organization recommends that mothers feed their babies
>> exclusively on breast milk for six months, and continue to offer it
>> alongside other food for up to two years.

Sidheag McCormack replied:

> No, for *at least* two years. The wording of
>
> http://www.who.int/child-adolescent-health/NUTRITION/infant_exclusive.htm
>
> is easy to misread, but in fact its intent is clear:

<snip>
> WHO> continued breastfeeding up to 2 years of age or beyond.
>
> The wording of other WHO documents is consistent but clearer, e.g.
>
> http://www.who.int/child-adolescent-health/New_Publications/NEWS/Frequently_qu
> estion.htm

<snip>
> WHO> Breastfeeding should be continued until at least 2 years of age. The
<snip>

Thanks Sidheag.

Funny, the photo on WHO's "Exclusive Breastfeeding" page is of a child with
a spoon in his/her mouth...
http://www.who.int/child-adolescent-health/NUTRITION/infant_exclusive.htm

Also, the last four paragraphs of the nine paragraph WHO document discuss
how breastfeeding needs to be encouraged; yet there is NO mention of the
fact that breastfeeding mothers scan for pathogens and manufacture specific
IMMUNIZATIONS which they "inject" with their breasts - daily - and which
(reportedly) make MD-needle-vaccinations work better.

Breastfeeding means free daily IMMUNIZATIONS.

The WHO document does state that,

"Breastmilk...protects the infant against infectious and chronic diseases,"

and that,

"Exclusive breastfeeding reduces infant mortality due to common childhood
illnesses such as diarrhoea or pneumonia, and helps for a quicker recovery
during illness."
http://www.who.int/child-adolescent-health/NUTRITION/infant_exclusive.htm

But WHO should be using the power word IMMUNIZATION.

What woman explicitly informed that she can IMMUNIZE her baby daily and
(reportedly) make MD-needle-vaccinations work better is going to fail to at
least ATTEMPT to breastfeed/immunize her baby daily?

As noted above...

WHO's glaring breastfeeding omission in effect denies massive numbers of
babies massive numbers of free daily immunizations.

WHO is failing to do something SIMPLE to help make both the immunization
(breastfeeding) and vaccination rates skyrocket.

Todd

Dr. Gastaldo
Hillsboro, Oregon
USA

PS1 WHO says: "Please send your comments and suggestions regarding the CAH
web site to, TO/CAH: ."

Copied to: Mr. Alexei Mikhailov
World Health Organization
Department of Child and Adolescent Health and Development* (CAH)
Avenue Appia 20, CH-1211 Geneva 27, Switzerland*
via *and via

Alexei,

I suggest that a WHO document that encourages breastfeeding "two years or
beyond" should use a photo of a mother breastfeeding a two-year old - "or
beyond."

I suggest further that WHO should explicitly state that:

Breastfeeding means free daily IMMUNIZATIONS - breastfeeding mothers scan
for pathogens and manufacture specific IMMUNIZATIONS which they "inject"
with their breasts - daily - and which (reportedly) make
MD-needle-vaccinations work better.

Again, what woman explicitly informed that she can IMMUNIZE her baby daily
and (reportedly) make MD-needle-vaccinations work better is going to fail to
at least ATTEMPT to breastfeed/immunize her baby daily?

(Admittedly, immunization may not yet be a power word for many of the
world's women - but since it is for some - it should be used when discussing
breastfeeding.)

Copied also to:

WHO African Regional Office (AFRO) (e-mail: )
*
WHO American Regional Office (AMRO) (e-mail: )
*
WHO Eastern Mediterranean Regional Office (EMRO) (e-mail:
)
*
WHO European Regional Office (EURO) (e-mail: )
*
WHO South-East Asia Regional Office (SEARO) (e-mail: )
*
WHO Western Pacific Regional Office (WPRO) (e-mail: )

PS2 While I am very interested in seeing WHO help make the breastfeeding
(immunization) and vaccination rates skyrocket, my priority is stopping
obstetricians from closing birth canals up to 30% and robbing babies of up
to 50% of their blood volume. The latter mass child abuse - the massive
baby blood robbery - is happening to EVERY CESAREAN BABY - and in most "cord
blood banking" births - according to retired obstetrician George Malcolm
Morley, MB ChB FACOG.

See Did Wakefield discuss 'umbilical' autism? (Suspected (Mass) Child Abuse
Report)

I hope WHO will help stop obstetricians from closing birth canals the
"extra" up to 30% and stop them from robbing babies of up to 50% of their
blood volume.

Thanks for reading.

Sincerely,

Todd

Dr. Gastaldo
Hillsboro, Oregon
USA

This post will be archived for global access in the Google usenet archive.

Search http://groups.google.com for "WHO's glaring breastfeeding omission."

Mamma Mia
November 25th 05, 04:03 AM
snip

> But WHO should be using the power word IMMUNIZATION.

perhaps they dont want to use that word because they think there might be a
shift away from as you say, MD immunisations?

chris