PDA

View Full Version : Time for a left over turkey recipe!

Bev
November 27th 05, 01:13 PM
OK, lets have them recipes!

This is one of my favorites!
Turkey salad:

2 cups chopped cooked turkey
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup light mayonnaise
1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 celery ribs, sliced
1 small red onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Mixed salad greens

Stir together turkey and next 9 ingredients in a bowl.
Cover and chill at least 30 minutes. Serve over salad greens.

Of course you must double or triple it for a larger family!

givehope2005
November 27th 05, 03:20 PM
Wow, I wish I had leftover Turkey now. I never imagined my children
would eat it all!!!! I don't know where they put it in their tiny
stomachs. It's amazing how you have a hollow leg when you are their
age. Maybe I can use your recipe at Christmas. It sure sounds good.

Bev
November 27th 05, 04:19 PM
Yea, me too ! We went to my daughters best friends house this year, no
leftovers! Her mother has been a friend of mine for almost 5 years now
through the kids friendship. This is not the first time she has opened
her door to us, or helped me out. I was able to repay her
thoughtfulness last year, when they lost their home to a fire in which
they also lost their Uncle. This is an example of how extending
yourself to help others will turn around and help you, if not only that
warm fuzzy feeling inside, but someone there for you as well when you
need help! I often purchase a small turkey breast and roast it off just
to make this salad, I absolutely love it ! Yes , yes indeed !, "Try it
, you'll like it" :) Bev

Bev
November 27th 05, 05:43 PM
Oh yes this is definately another turkey salad that is in my
collection!

just scrap the cranberries and dijon mustard and onions, replace those
ingredients with apples and grapes and the dressing should include a a
combination of mayo and sour cream........ Heh , when can you come for
lunch? ...........<now I am ducking> :) Bev