PDA

View Full Version : Article in our local paper

Mum of Two
December 2nd 05, 05:30 AM
Regarding the ongoing restrooms/breastfeeding saga...

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/dailynews/0,2106,3498081a6002,00.html

--
Amy
Mum to Carlos born sleeping 20/11/02,

Mamma Mia
December 2nd 05, 05:50 AM
good on you! well done for doing something about it

a celeb in our midst!

chris
"Mum of Two" > wrote in message
> Regarding the ongoing restrooms/breastfeeding saga...
>

> http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/dailynews/0,2106,3498081a6002,00.html
>

> --
> Amy
> Mum to Carlos born sleeping 20/11/02,
> & Ana born screaming 30/06/04
> http://www.freewebs.com/carlos2002/
> http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/ana%5Fj%5F2004/
> My blog: http://spaces.msn.com/members/querer-hijo-querer-hija/

Mum of Two
December 2nd 05, 09:00 AM
"Mamma Mia" > wrote in message
u...
> good on you! well done for doing something about it
>
> a celeb in our midst!

Yeah, well...a reluctant local one! I'm requesting a meeting with the mayor.
I'm kind of sick of having so much to be p!ssed off about. And I consider
myself a pretty reasonable person.

--
Amy
Mum to Carlos born sleeping 20/11/02,
& Ana born screaming 30/06/04
http://www.freewebs.com/carlos2002/
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/ana%5Fj%5F2004/
My blog: http://spaces.msn.com/members/querer-hijo-querer-hija/

Me Myself and I
December 2nd 05, 09:13 AM
Woohoo way to go Amy :)) Now roll on the Mayor ;)

--
Pip

My girls :
Abby - 8 weeks early now 9 months old and has started to babble
Jasmine - 5 weeks early now 3.5 yrs Favourite saying "What you doing that
for?"

"Inside me is a skinny women screaming to get out........but I can normally
keep the b*tch quiet with cookies"

--
"Mum of Two" > wrote in message
> Regarding the ongoing restrooms/breastfeeding saga...
>

> http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/dailynews/0,2106,3498081a6002,00.html
>

> --
> Amy
> Mum to Carlos born sleeping 20/11/02,
> & Ana born screaming 30/06/04
> http://www.freewebs.com/carlos2002/
> http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/ana%5Fj%5F2004/
> My blog: http://spaces.msn.com/members/querer-hijo-querer-hija/

Jen
December 2nd 05, 12:08 PM
On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 18:30:02 +1300, Mum of Two wrote:

> Regarding the ongoing restrooms/breastfeeding saga...
>

> http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/dailynews/0,2106,3498081a6002,00.html

Brilliant! That is bf advocacy at it's best, good for you. How ridiculous
for the council to state they had surveyed women but be unable to say how
many.

Jeni

Cuddlefish
December 2nd 05, 03:40 PM
Mum of Two wrote:
> Regarding the ongoing restrooms/breastfeeding saga...
>

> http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/dailynews/0,2106,3498081a6002,00.html

Amy - you ROCK!

Jacqueline

[Even though it is close to zero degrees here in Vancouver, I have a
strong desire to go feed DS in public today for some reason ;-)]

Cuddlefish
December 2nd 05, 03:42 PM
Jen wrote:
> On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 18:30:02 +1300, Mum of Two wrote:
>

>>Regarding the ongoing restrooms/breastfeeding saga...
>>

>>http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/dailynews/0,2106,3498081a6002,00.html
>

> Brilliant! That is bf advocacy at it's best, good for you. How ridiculous
> for the council to state they had surveyed women but be unable to say how
> many.
>
> Jeni

Yeah asking Great Aunt Prude what she thinks is not the same as a
genuine survey... ;-)

Jacqueline

Mum of Two
December 2nd 05, 06:48 PM
"Cuddlefish" > wrote in message
> Mum of Two wrote:
>> Regarding the ongoing restrooms/breastfeeding saga...
>>

>> http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/dailynews/0,2106,3498081a6002,00.html
>>

> Amy - you ROCK!

Thanks :-) Jayne's a great journalist. I've been quoted before that made me
sound stupid, or a crank, so I was impressed.

> [Even though it is close to zero degrees here in Vancouver, I have a
> strong desire to go feed DS in public today for some reason ;-)]

Noooo! You might freeze yourself to your nursing bra.

--
Amy
Mum to Carlos born sleeping 20/11/02,
& Ana born screaming 30/06/04
http://www.freewebs.com/carlos2002/
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/ana%5Fj%5F2004/
My blog: http://spaces.msn.com/members/querer-hijo-querer-hija/

Mum of Two
December 2nd 05, 06:54 PM
"Jen" > wrote in message
. ..
> On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 18:30:02 +1300, Mum of Two wrote:
>
>> Regarding the ongoing restrooms/breastfeeding saga...
>>

>> http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/dailynews/0,2106,3498081a6002,00.html
>
> Brilliant! That is bf advocacy at it's best, good for you. How ridiculous
> for the council to state they had surveyed women but be unable to say how
> many.

I really don't think they ever did a proper survey. If they did, no-one I
know ever heard about it. I can guarrantee that what they did was get the
offending attendant to ask some of the elderly patrons whether they wanted
to see 'breastfeedingandnappychanging' in the lounge and report back the
together the whole time to confuse the issue, even though I made it clear
from the outset I have no problem with separate changing facilities.
What irritates me is why a council needs a public survey for a human rights
issue. It's because it's breastfeeding that it's getting this sort of
treatment. If the survey was "Do you want to share the lounge of the
restrooms with Maori/white/Asian/Samoan people" I can just imagine how it
would go down.

--

> Jen wrote:
>> On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 18:30:02 +1300, Mum of Two wrote:
>>

>>>Regarding the ongoing restrooms/breastfeeding saga...
>>>

>>>http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/dailynews/0,2106,3498081a6002,00.html
>>

>> Brilliant! That is bf advocacy at it's best, good for you. How ridiculous
>> for the council to state they had surveyed women but be unable to say how
>> many. Jeni
>>

> Yeah asking Great Aunt Prude what she thinks is not the same as a genuine
> survey... ;-)

LOL. I knew you would like that detail. :-)

--
Amy
Mum to Carlos born sleeping 20/11/02,
& Ana born screaming 30/06/04
http://www.freewebs.com/carlos2002/
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/ana%5Fj%5F2004/
My blog: http://spaces.msn.com/members/querer-hijo-querer-hija/

Mum of Two
December 2nd 05, 06:55 PM
"Me Myself and I" > wrote in message
> Woohoo way to go Amy :)) Now roll on the Mayor ;)

Thanks Pip :-) At least I think our mayor is a little more concerned with PR
than the facilities manager is.

--
Amy
Mum to Carlos born sleeping 20/11/02,
& Ana born screaming 30/06/04
http://www.freewebs.com/carlos2002/
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/ana%5Fj%5F2004/
My blog: http://spaces.msn.com/members/querer-hijo-querer-hija/

Child
December 3rd 05, 04:51 AM
"Mum of Two" > wrote in message
> Regarding the ongoing restrooms/breastfeeding saga...
>

> http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/dailynews/0,2106,3498081a6002,00.html

excellent Amy! I am so pleased!

Chookie
December 3rd 05, 07:22 AM
In article >,
"Mum of Two" > wrote:

> Regarding the ongoing restrooms/breastfeeding saga...
>

> http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/dailynews/0,2106,3498081a6002,00.html

Whoohoo! Atta girl!

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"In Melbourne there is plenty of vigour and eagerness, but there is
nothing worth being eager or vigorous about."
Francis Adams, The Australians, 1893.

Anne Rogers
December 3rd 05, 02:14 PM
good for you!

Anne

December 5th 05, 07:31 PM
Mum of Two > writes:
: Regarding the ongoing restrooms/breastfeeding saga...

: http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/dailynews/0,2106,3498081a6002,00.html

And when I did I got this:

Head for home

The page you requested is no longer available.

Please click HERE to return to the STUFF homepage.

Larry

Mum of Two
December 5th 05, 09:29 PM
> wrote in message ...
> Mum of Two > writes:
> : Regarding the ongoing restrooms/breastfeeding saga...
>

> : http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/dailynews/0,2106,3498081a6002,00.html
>
> And when I did I got this:
>
> Head for home
>
> The page you requested is no longer available.
>
> Please click HERE to return to the STUFF homepage.

Darn, it must have been archived already. It's up on my blog anyway.