PDA

View Full Version : Re: "New Yorker's Diary" - interesting

Melania
December 8th 05, 05:30 PM
Elfanie wrote:
> here is an interesting editorial/article on breastfeeding...
>
> http://www.nyobserver.com/love_newyorkersdiary.asp
>
> obviously not something *I* agree with...and she sure doesn't seem to
> happy about becoming a mother - any of it...
>
> makes me wonder why she's doing it..

Woah, deja vu all over again. This exact same attitude was displayed by
Canadian columnist Rebecca Eckler in "Knocked Up":
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0345475755/qid=1134062747/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/002-8793959-7304005?n=507846&s=books&v=glance

It was appalling 'little princess' shlock, from the moment she
discovered the accidental pregnancy through the cross-Canada search for
an ob that would do an elective C-section to the decision to bottlefeed
("such cute little formula bottles!").

Truly cringe-worthy.

Melania

stasya
December 9th 05, 01:18 AM
"Woah, deja vu all over again. This exact same attitude was displayed
by
Canadian columnist Rebecca Eckler in "Knocked Up":
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0345475755/qid=1134062747/sr=8-1/ref...

It was appalling 'little princess' shlock, from the moment she
discovered the accidental pregnancy through the cross-Canada search for

an ob that would do an elective C-section to the decision to bottlefeed

("such cute little formula bottles!")."

Its so odd. I used to read the National Post on Mondays just to catch
Rebecca's column. It was witty, funny, and she was pregnant the same
time I was. She was nowhere near what I would have called self-centered
or princess-y. But I have to admit, she didn't address any drinking,
smoking, or c-section issues. Of course, she would have to temper any
really inflammatory issues simply because of her medium.

Stasya

Morag in Oxford
December 9th 05, 08:44 AM
What a selfish woman. She doesn't want to get up in the night. She doesn't
want strange things coming out of her breasts.
Why on earth is she having a baby in the first place? At least she admits
she's a moron.
Morag

"Melania" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Elfanie wrote:
>> here is an interesting editorial/article on breastfeeding...
>>
>> http://www.nyobserver.com/love_newyorkersdiary.asp
>>
>> obviously not something *I* agree with...and she sure doesn't seem to
>> happy about becoming a mother - any of it...
>>
>> makes me wonder why she's doing it..
>
> Woah, deja vu all over again. This exact same attitude was displayed by
> Canadian columnist Rebecca Eckler in "Knocked Up":
> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0345475755/qid=1134062747/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/002-8793959-7304005?n=507846&s=books&v=glance
>
> It was appalling 'little princess' shlock, from the moment she
> discovered the accidental pregnancy through the cross-Canada search for
> an ob that would do an elective C-section to the decision to bottlefeed
> ("such cute little formula bottles!").
>
> Truly cringe-worthy.
>
> Melania

Child
December 12th 05, 05:50 PM
"Morag in Oxford" > wrote in message
> What a selfish woman. She doesn't want to get up in the night. She
> doesn't want strange things coming out of her breasts.
> Why on earth is she having a baby in the first place? At least she admits
> she's a moron.
> Morag

Who WANTS to get up in the middle of the night?

December 12th 05, 07:57 PM
Child > writes:

: Who WANTS to get up in the middle of the night?

It's not so much that I mind getting up in the middle of the night,
it's getting up on the morning afterwards to go to work. If I could
sleep in the next morning or take a nap during the day, it would
be OK.

:-)
Larry

Child
December 12th 05, 08:27 PM
> wrote in message ...
> Child > writes:
>
> : Who WANTS to get up in the middle of the night?
>
> It's not so much that I mind getting up in the middle of the night,
> it's getting up on the morning afterwards to go to work. If I could
> sleep in the next morning or take a nap during the day, it would
> be OK.

I don't really MIND either, but I don't WANT to. Its just what must be
done.

Cocoamum
December 12th 05, 08:36 PM
skrev:
> Child > writes:
>
> : Who WANTS to get up in the middle of the night?
>
> It's not so much that I mind getting up in the middle of the night,
> it's getting up on the morning afterwards to go to work. If I could
> sleep in the next morning or take a nap during the day, it would
> be OK.
>
> :-)
> Larry

That's why we have at least 6 mos of mater/paternaty leave, and most
have 12 mos :-)

Tine, Denmark