PDA

View Full Version : night sweats???

oregonchick
December 28th 05, 07:05 PM
I've been having really intense night sweats for about a week now. At first
I attributed it to the mastitis fever, but I am past that and am still
having them every night. I vaguely remember a nurse mentioning sweats and
diuresis, but don't recall in what context. Is this typical postpartum? I
have never had a night sweat before, and find it a little disconcerting to
wake up drenched in sweat every night!

Betsy

Nikki
December 28th 05, 08:17 PM
oregonchick wrote:
> I've been having really intense night sweats for about a week now. At
> first I attributed it to the mastitis fever, but I am past that
> and am still having them every night. I vaguely remember a nurse
> mentioning sweats and diuresis, but don't recall in what context. Is
> this typical postpartum? I have never had a night sweat before, and
> find it a little disconcerting to wake up drenched in sweat every
> night!

It happened to me after both of my babies. It lasted a couple of months. I
think it is normal.

--
Nikki
Hunter 4/99

oregonchick
December 28th 05, 11:19 PM
"Nikki" > wrote in message
> oregonchick wrote:
>> I've been having really intense night sweats for about a week now. At
>> first I attributed it to the mastitis fever, but I am past that
>> and am still having them every night. I vaguely remember a nurse
>> mentioning sweats and diuresis, but don't recall in what context. Is
>> this typical postpartum? I have never had a night sweat before, and
>> find it a little disconcerting to wake up drenched in sweat every
>> night!
>
> It happened to me after both of my babies. It lasted a couple of months.
> I think it is normal.

yucky!

Nikki
December 29th 05, 12:01 AM
oregonchick wrote:
> "Nikki" > wrote in message
>> oregonchick wrote:
>>> I've been having really intense night sweats for about a week now.
>>> At first I attributed it to the mastitis fever, but I am past that
>>> and am still having them every night. I vaguely remember a nurse
>>> mentioning sweats and diuresis, but don't recall in what context. Is
>>> this typical postpartum? I have never had a night sweat before,
>>> and find it a little disconcerting to wake up drenched in sweat
>>> every night!
>>
>> It happened to me after both of my babies. It lasted a couple of
>> months. I think it is normal.
>
> yucky!

It is pretty gross. Then when you think you are free and clear...all your
hair will start to fall out instead. ;-)

--
Nikki
Hunter 4/99
Luke 4/01
Thing One and Thing Two :-) EDD 4/06

CY
December 29th 05, 05:53 PM
Yep, happened to me for about 2 months after my second baby too...
"oregonchick" > wrote in message
> I've been having really intense night sweats for about a week now. At
> first I attributed it to the mastitis fever, but I am past that and am
> still having them every night. I vaguely remember a nurse mentioning
> sweats and diuresis, but don't recall in what context. Is this typical
> postpartum? I have never had a night sweat before, and find it a little
> disconcerting to wake up drenched in sweat every night!
>
> Betsy

Jen
December 29th 05, 06:47 PM
On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 18:01:27 -0600, Nikki wrote:

> oregonchick wrote:
>>>
>>> It happened to me after both of my babies. It lasted a couple of
>>> months. I think it is normal.
>>
>> yucky!
>
> It is pretty gross. Then when you think you are free and clear...all your
> hair will start to fall out instead. ;-)

And that took two months to slow down for me, never mind stop!!

Jeni

December 29th 05, 08:37 PM
It happened to me, most noticably after baby #1. I was told its from
falling estrogen levels (i.e. essentially a form of hot flash!!). Many
women have their estrogen levels sewer out post partum, particularly
when breastfeeding. All part of the post partum hormonal backflips.

It does settle out with time. But see what you have to look forward to
when you are my age????!!!

Mary G.
49, mom of three, now 14, 12 and 8