PDA

View Full Version : Good Gosh, She NEVER went to sleep!!

Carol Ann
January 5th 06, 10:26 AM
Morgan has been up ALL nite complaining about her privates itching!

I realize the diarrhea caused her some redness, but this is ridiculous.

What can I try besides diaper cream and the ointment prescribed for rash
(which I don't see).

She is just flaming red from her vagina to her bum.

She finally doesn't have her runny nose or fever. I'm sure her ear
infections are on their way to clearing up. There is no cough. Just this
itchy, red private area.

~Carol Ann

Serenity
January 5th 06, 10:37 AM
Could she have thrush? It sounds likely.
Can you try a thrush cream? Often gives great relief

al
January 5th 06, 02:04 PM
Serenity wrote:
> Could she have thrush? It sounds likely.
> Can you try a thrush cream? Often gives great relief

I'll add that it sounds possible to me too that she has a yeast
infection. I had a terrible one a few months back and the cream only
made it sting worse. I did find that there were some sprays that are
made just for vaginal itching, particularly for yeast infections(I
bought one by Monistat). Try looking for it in the same area that you
find the creams.

You may need to take her to the doctor to verify that it is a yeast
infection. There are some medications that are prescription only that
work very well to clear up yeast infections. I don't know if any are ok
for children to take though.

Good Luck! Sounds terrible.

annette

January 5th 06, 03:53 PM
Carol Ann > writes:
: Morgan has been up ALL nite complaining about her privates itching!

: I realize the diarrhea caused her some redness, but this is ridiculous.

: What can I try besides diaper cream and the ointment prescribed for rash
: (which I don't see).

: She is just flaming red from her vagina to her bum.

: She finally doesn't have her runny nose or fever. I'm sure her ear
: infections are on their way to clearing up. There is no cough. Just this
: itchy, red private area.

: ~Carol Ann

This sounds a lot like Clara when she had had too many acidy foods.
Has she eaten strawberries, tomatoes, or drunk orange juice?
Eliminate acid foods and see if it clears up.

Larry

Carol Ann
January 5th 06, 04:10 PM
> I'll add that it sounds possible to me too that she has a yeast
> infection. I had a terrible one a few months back and the cream only
> made it sting worse. I did find that there were some sprays that are
> made just for vaginal itching, particularly for yeast infections(I
> bought one by Monistat). Try looking for it in the same area that you
> find the creams.
>
> You may need to take her to the doctor to verify that it is a yeast
> infection. There are some medications that are prescription only that
> work very well to clear up yeast infections. I don't know if any are ok
> for children to take though.
>
> Good Luck! Sounds terrible.
>
> annette

Yeast infection it is ! I thought so a few days ago, but the doctor said
the mucous was due to phlegm. ARGH!!! I am picking up cream from pharmacy
today.

Poor baby girl....and mommy and grandmom!!!

Thank God it's today!

~Carol Ann

Jess
January 5th 06, 04:12 PM
> wrote in message ...
> This sounds a lot like Clara when she had had too many acidy foods.
> Has she eaten strawberries, tomatoes, or drunk orange juice?
> Eliminate acid foods and see if it clears up.

*nods* Sproglette too, lately. OJ and anything with a lot of tomatoes will
give her a rash.

Jess

JennP
January 6th 06, 03:36 AM
"Carol Ann" > wrote in message

> Yeast infection it is ! I thought so a few days ago, but the doctor said
> the mucous was due to phlegm. ARGH!!! I am picking up cream from
pharmacy
> today.

The mucous most likely wasn't yeast though.

I'm not surprised she has a yeast infection given she's been on an
antibiotic for a while now and she just started a stronger one yesterday.
That'll do it! The good news is now that you have the cream (nystain?) it
should take care of itself pretty quickly. I'd even expect to see
improvement by the morning.

JennP.

Carol Ann
January 6th 06, 04:35 AM
>> Yeast infection it is ! I thought so a few days ago, but the doctor said
>> the mucous was due to phlegm. ARGH!!! I am picking up cream from
>> pharmacy
>> today.
>
> The mucous most likely wasn't yeast though.
>
> I'm not surprised she has a yeast infection given she's been on an
> antibiotic for a while now and she just started a stronger one yesterday.
> That'll do it! The good news is now that you have the cream (nystain?) it
> should take care of itself pretty quickly. I'd even expect to see
> improvement by the morning.
>
> JennP.

Oh my gosh, Jenn. She's sleepy soundly with no complaints of itching!
Today she woke up at 9 am. That was only 3 hours of sleep last nite. Then,
she took a 3 hour nap from 12 - 3.

She fell asleep around 9 tonite. Life seems back to normal. I'm now going
to go to sleep.

Yawn....it's been a hellava hard few weeks.

LOL!

Carol Ann

JennP
January 6th 06, 03:32 PM
"Carol Ann" > wrote in message

> She fell asleep around 9 tonite. Life seems back to normal. I'm now
going
> to go to sleep.
>
> Yawn....it's been a hellava hard few weeks.

I can totally commiserate. We've been riding the ear infection roller
coaster with Jessica since Sept. I hope everyone gets better soon.

JennP.

Carol Ann
January 6th 06, 07:44 PM
Today Morgan's bum is so red and rashy. I sure hope the Nystatin is
working. Poor little girl.

Other than that, we are all on the way to feeling a great deal better!

I even had my hair and nails done. Looks like a good start to the year.

--
~Carol Ann
http://tinyurl.com/b9e9r Pics of Morgan
"JennP" > wrote in message

> "Carol Ann" > wrote in message
>

>> She fell asleep around 9 tonite. Life seems back to normal. I'm now
> going
>> to go to sleep.
>>
>> Yawn....it's been a hellava hard few weeks.
>
> I can totally commiserate. We've been riding the ear infection roller
> coaster with Jessica since Sept. I hope everyone gets better soon.
>
> JennP.

PattyMomVA
January 6th 06, 09:59 PM
Lotrimin works well as an anti-fungal diaper cream, and it's OTC.

-Patty, mom of 1+2

toypup
January 8th 06, 03:59 PM
"PattyMomVA" > wrote in message
> Lotrimin works well as an anti-fungal diaper cream, and it's OTC.

IMO, it works better than nystatin.

JennP
January 9th 06, 07:48 PM
"toypup" > wrote in message
. com...

> "PattyMomVA" > wrote in message
> > Lotrimin works well as an anti-fungal diaper cream, and it's OTC.
>
> IMO, it works better than nystatin.

Good to know. With all the yeast infections she gets from the antibac's,
I'll def. try it.

JennP.