PDA

View Full Version : Exercise-stationary bike

Hermitwolves20
August 29th 03, 02:33 PM
Hello,

I am about a month pregnant with my second child. During my first
pregnancy, I gained a lot of weight and have been trying to get it off
for some time now, without much success. I seem to keep falling off
the bandwagon and I fear for this winter. I live in a very snowy area
and come Nov, I may get stuck inside for awhile. So, I decided to get
an exercise bike again. I had one last winter but it was a cheapo one
from Walmart and didn't survive last spring.

Does anyone have any experiences about being pregnant and using an
exercise bike? I always used a normal standing bike but is recumbant
better? How long into your pregnancy did you use it? Are there any
concerns about a pelvic problem happening? I heard something about
this. Oh and if you use an exercise bike, can you tell me the
manufacturer if you like it.

Oh, mind you, I stopped dieting when I found out I was pregnant. I
just eat healthy now.

Tiina Kartovaara
August 29th 03, 06:30 PM
Hermitwolves20 wrote:

> Hello,
>

> Does anyone have any experiences about being pregnant and using an
> exercise bike? I always used a normal standing bike but is recumbant
> better? How long into your pregnancy did you use it? Are there any
> concerns about a pelvic problem happening? I heard something about
> this. Oh and if you use an exercise bike, can you tell me the
> manufacturer if you like it.

I've used an exercise bike from time to time throughout this pg (I'm 37
weeks now) with no problems. It is a normal standing bike, and the
manufacturer is Tunturi (Finnish, but available worldwide as far as I
know). I love it, since there's no danger of falling (unless you're
*really* clumsy) and it doesn't tax your joints or cause an impact. I
would only anticipate pelvic problems if the pedals and saddle are
somehow crooked or incorrectly adjusted.

Tiina
SAHM to Emilia,4
EDD Sept.15