PDA

View Full Version : My 36 week update

sher
August 29th 03, 04:32 PM
Seems like there's been a lot of updates lately, so I thought I'd add
mine as well.

Yesterday my doctor was trying to feel the baby's position and got a
strange look in his eye. He said he was pretty sure he felt the head
down low, but the position of the feet wasn't making sense. This made
me a little uneasy. Since I was already going to have to change for
my Group-B Strep test, he said he wanted to do an internal exam to
feel for the head. He felt the head and said everything was fine, but
it still made me a little nervous. I'm assuming what he thought was a
foot was just a hand. I'm not effacing yet, but I am dilated 2 cm.

Two weeks ago, I had some BH contractions that were pretty intense, so
we were all on the lookout for something to happen, but I've had
hardly any since then. I think I had just overdone it a little. My
doctor said he thought I should be fine to go on our last campout of
the summer. We're going to a place with an observatory to take a peek
at Mars. It's only an hour away and we wanted to give the boys one
last hurrah before we really interrupt their lives with a new baby.

Nesting kicked in like crazy this week. DH put the cradle together
while I was at work and started clearing some more stuff out of the
baby's room. When I came home he asked, "So, what color should I
paint the baby's room tomorrow?" He was joking because we had
previously decided not to do much in the way of decorating. However,
once he said it, it was like something inside me just clicked and I
went crazy. I got out some decorating books, and then started
searching the Internet for Wallies and nursery decorations. I didn't
sleep that night because I was trying to figure out what kind of theme
we should do. DH thinks I've gone completely off the deep-end by
deciding to do this NOW. Maybe a weekend away will clear it from my
system.

I've started to have a bit of sciatic nerve pain in my left side and
I'm not able to get comfortable at night at all. Last night, I ended
up sleeping on the couch. Other than that, I feel great and until I
get the baby's room decorated, I'm in no hurry for him to arrive.

I'm starting to check the newsgroup more often because I know the
September moms are going to start posting announcements very soon.
I'm so excited for all of us! Good luck everyone!

~ Sher, due with boy #3 9/27/03

Tiina Kartovaara
August 29th 03, 06:55 PM
I'm glad to hear everything's OK, even though the doctor caused you some
worry! The head is down low, that's the important thing..

I've started nesting quite a bit myself, but nothing so extreme. Of
course, we cosleep and don't have a nursery,so there isn't anything to
decorate! But I'm sure I'll think of something if necessary.

I hope you can get through the uncomfortable nights. Of course, if you
stay awake anyway with visions of nursery decorations dancing in your
head, it doesn't matter so much, now does it? ;-)

Tiina
SAHM to Emilia,4
EDD Sept.15

sher wrote:

> Seems like there's been a lot of updates lately, so I thought I'd add
> mine as well.
>
> Yesterday my doctor was trying to feel the baby's position and got a
> strange look in his eye. He said he was pretty sure he felt the head
> down low, but the position of the feet wasn't making sense. This made
> me a little uneasy. Since I was already going to have to change for
> my Group-B Strep test, he said he wanted to do an internal exam to
> feel for the head. He felt the head and said everything was fine, but
> it still made me a little nervous. I'm assuming what he thought was a
> foot was just a hand. I'm not effacing yet, but I am dilated 2 cm.
>
> Two weeks ago, I had some BH contractions that were pretty intense, so
> we were all on the lookout for something to happen, but I've had
> hardly any since then. I think I had just overdone it a little. My
> doctor said he thought I should be fine to go on our last campout of
> the summer. We're going to a place with an observatory to take a peek
> at Mars. It's only an hour away and we wanted to give the boys one
> last hurrah before we really interrupt their lives with a new baby.
>
> Nesting kicked in like crazy this week. DH put the cradle together
> while I was at work and started clearing some more stuff out of the
> baby's room. When I came home he asked, "So, what color should I
> paint the baby's room tomorrow?" He was joking because we had
> previously decided not to do much in the way of decorating. However,
> once he said it, it was like something inside me just clicked and I
> went crazy. I got out some decorating books, and then started
> searching the Internet for Wallies and nursery decorations. I didn't
> sleep that night because I was trying to figure out what kind of theme
> we should do. DH thinks I've gone completely off the deep-end by
> deciding to do this NOW. Maybe a weekend away will clear it from my
> system.
>
> I've started to have a bit of sciatic nerve pain in my left side and
> I'm not able to get comfortable at night at all. Last night, I ended
> up sleeping on the couch. Other than that, I feel great and until I
> get the baby's room decorated, I'm in no hurry for him to arrive.
>
> I'm starting to check the newsgroup more often because I know the
> September moms are going to start posting announcements very soon.
> I'm so excited for all of us! Good luck everyone!
>
> ~ Sher, due with boy #3 9/27/03

Em
August 29th 03, 08:42 PM
"sher" > wrote in message
> Yesterday my doctor was trying to feel the baby's position and got a
> strange look in his eye. He said he was pretty sure he felt the head
> down low, but the position of the feet wasn't making sense. This made
> me a little uneasy. Since I was already going to have to change for
> my Group-B Strep test, he said he wanted to do an internal exam to
> feel for the head. He felt the head and said everything was fine, but
> it still made me a little nervous. I'm assuming what he thought was a
> foot was just a hand. I'm not effacing yet, but I am dilated 2 cm.

I'm glad the baby was in a good position after all. Kind of a strange
experience though--I wonder what was bothering him?

> Two weeks ago, I had some BH contractions that were pretty intense, so
> we were all on the lookout for something to happen, but I've had
> hardly any since then. I think I had just overdone it a little. My
> doctor said he thought I should be fine to go on our last campout of
> the summer. We're going to a place with an observatory to take a peek
> at Mars. It's only an hour away and we wanted to give the boys one
> last hurrah before we really interrupt their lives with a new baby.

I'm having *loads* of BH's. I'm trying to appreciate the wonderfulness of
womanhood and how my body is practicing so nicely, etc. but it does get a
bit wearing at times!!

Have fun looking for Mars--sounds like a nice little outing for your family
:-)

<snip>
> I'm starting to check the newsgroup more often because I know the
> September moms are going to start posting announcements very soon.
> I'm so excited for all of us! Good luck everyone!

Have fun with continued nesting! I'm not really having any nesting per se,
unless you count this "deadline" sense of needing to get a huge list of
non-baby projects completed *SOON*! (I've made really good progress on my
list actually.)

I'm so excited for us as well. I hope Cheryl S. is first to announce,
otherwise it will just not be fair at all!

--
Em
edd 9/23/03

Elly
September 2nd 03, 12:58 PM
Sher, glad that things are going well! I'm sorry the doctor got you to
worry, but the important thing is that the head is down low, right?

Have you already been on that campout? This sounds so much fun, the boys
must have enjoyed that a lot!

I'm not technically nesting yet, but my to-do list is getting longer by the
minute! DH put the cradle together on Sunday, and this afternoon I'm going
to start decorating the nursery. Between that and finishing packing my
hospital bag(s), I should be busy until Friday, when DH gets back home ;-)
Then I'm on to making the tape for the car ride to the hospital & delivery,
and to choose the birth announcements we are going to send out (I have to
choose both girls' and boys' ones since we decided not to find out about the
baby's gender), etc.

Hope your sciatica will ease of and you get comfortable soon! Some nights I
also sleep on the couch (but that's because I fall asleep in front of the
telly).

Be well,
Elly
35 weeks + 1 day - cca 33 days to go!