PDA

View Full Version : Re: I've HAD it

Nina
August 31st 03, 05:06 PM
You're almost there!! Thats all I can say in the way of comfort!!!! Hope you
feel better soon.

"Cheryl S." > wrote in message
> No, not the baby. I've had it with being pregnant.
>
> I was so happy when the contractions stopped 9 days ago. But over the
> past few days a new thing has come up and been getting steadily worse.
> My entire pelvis hurts now. I can feel all of the bones clicking and
> grinding against each other and the baby's head. Just turning over in
> bed has gotten so bad I'm crying out in pain. For a while a hot shower
> and then walking around a bit in the morning helped. Now it doesn't. I
> am hobbling like a 90 year old today. To top it off, this is punctuated
> by bouts of even more intense pain due to gas pressure because the
> baby's head is in the way, so big and so low that I cannot toilet
> normally. At least the contractions, I could fool myself into thinking
> were accomplishing something useful. This is not accomplishing
> anything. It's just pain. And I want it to stop. Please, God,
> today...
> --
> Cheryl S.
> Mom to Julie, 2 yr., 5 mo.
> And a boy, EDD 5.Sept
>
> Cleaning the house while your children are small is like
> shoveling the sidewalk while it's still snowing.

Elissa
August 31st 03, 05:10 PM
Just wanted to send you some hugs.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Cheryl}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

I'm mostly a lurker and have really enjoyed reading your posts. I'm sending
you lots and lots of labor vibes!
----------
Elissa - Mommy to Rebecca Meagan 9/6/00 & twins edd 11/1/03

"Before I got married, I had six theories about bring up children; now I have
six children and no theories." - John Wilmont, Earl of Rochester

Tiina Kartovaara
August 31st 03, 06:34 PM
Oh, Cheryl, that sounds awful! It sounds like it could be your SI joint.
If it's any consolation to you, I had horrible, scream-out-loud pain
like that *for two months* with pg #1. At least with you, it *can't*
last that long. I know how you feel, believe me - on my better days, I
was hobbling around the house with a walker! *And* screaming with every
step. (If you're wondering what the bad days were like, I was
hospitalized for a week.) But it *will* go away.

Hang in there!

Tiina
SAHM to Emilia,4
EDD Sept.15

Cheryl S. wrote:

> No, not the baby. I've had it with being pregnant.
>
> I was so happy when the contractions stopped 9 days ago. But over the
> past few days a new thing has come up and been getting steadily worse.
> My entire pelvis hurts now. I can feel all of the bones clicking and
> grinding against each other and the baby's head. Just turning over in
> bed has gotten so bad I'm crying out in pain. For a while a hot shower
> and then walking around a bit in the morning helped. Now it doesn't. I
> am hobbling like a 90 year old today. To top it off, this is punctuated
> by bouts of even more intense pain due to gas pressure because the
> baby's head is in the way, so big and so low that I cannot toilet
> normally. At least the contractions, I could fool myself into thinking
> were accomplishing something useful. This is not accomplishing
> anything. It's just pain. And I want it to stop. Please, God,
> today...
> --
> Cheryl S.
> Mom to Julie, 2 yr., 5 mo.
> And a boy, EDD 5.Sept
>
> Cleaning the house while your children are small is like
> shoveling the sidewalk while it's still snowing.

Andrea
August 31st 03, 07:26 PM
It's terrible. Icouldn't walk at the end as my pelvis hurt so bad. And
sciatica! OUCHIE!

You go through all the pain, suffering and eager anticipation, then as soon
as your baby is born you barely remember the suffering. Just think soon a
new life will be born, your beautiful baby boy, and nothing else will
matter.

One more thing, with all 5 of my pregnancies I only went into labour when I
had stopped thinking about it, I have always been caught out.

(((hugs)))

--
Andrea mom of 5 - latest addition Kamron David 12 weeks old weighing 16
pounds.

"Cheryl S." > wrote in message
> No, not the baby. I've had it with being pregnant.
>
> I was so happy when the contractions stopped 9 days ago. But over the
> past few days a new thing has come up and been getting steadily worse.
> My entire pelvis hurts now. I can feel all of the bones clicking and
> grinding against each other and the baby's head. Just turning over in
> bed has gotten so bad I'm crying out in pain. For a while a hot shower
> and then walking around a bit in the morning helped. Now it doesn't. I
> am hobbling like a 90 year old today. To top it off, this is punctuated
> by bouts of even more intense pain due to gas pressure because the
> baby's head is in the way, so big and so low that I cannot toilet
> normally. At least the contractions, I could fool myself into thinking
> were accomplishing something useful. This is not accomplishing
> anything. It's just pain. And I want it to stop. Please, God,
> today...
> --
> Cheryl S.
> Mom to Julie, 2 yr., 5 mo.
> And a boy, EDD 5.Sept
>
> Cleaning the house while your children are small is like
> shoveling the sidewalk while it's still snowing.

Sue
August 31st 03, 07:58 PM
((((hugs))) Cheryl.

--
Sue
mom to three girls

Cheryl S. > wrote in message
> No, not the baby. I've had it with being pregnant.
>
> I was so happy when the contractions stopped 9 days ago. But over the
> past few days a new thing has come up and been getting steadily worse.
> My entire pelvis hurts now. I can feel all of the bones clicking and
> grinding against each other and the baby's head. Just turning over in
> bed has gotten so bad I'm crying out in pain. For a while a hot shower
> and then walking around a bit in the morning helped. Now it doesn't. I
> am hobbling like a 90 year old today. To top it off, this is punctuated
> by bouts of even more intense pain due to gas pressure because the
> baby's head is in the way, so big and so low that I cannot toilet
> normally. At least the contractions, I could fool myself into thinking
> were accomplishing something useful. This is not accomplishing
> anything. It's just pain. And I want it to stop. Please, God,
> today...
> --
> Cheryl S.
> Mom to Julie, 2 yr., 5 mo.
> And a boy, EDD 5.Sept
>
> Cleaning the house while your children are small is like
> shoveling the sidewalk while it's still snowing.

Laurie
August 31st 03, 08:00 PM
Cheryl S. wrote in message ...
>No, not the baby. I've had it with being pregnant.
>
>I was so happy when the contractions stopped 9 days ago. But over the
>past few days a new thing has come up and been getting steadily worse.
>My entire pelvis hurts now. I can feel all of the bones clicking and
>grinding against each other and the baby's head. Just turning over in
>bed has gotten so bad I'm crying out in pain. For a while a hot shower
>and then walking around a bit in the morning helped. Now it doesn't. I
>am hobbling like a 90 year old today. To top it off, this is punctuated
>by bouts of even more intense pain due to gas pressure because the
>baby's head is in the way, so big and so low that I cannot toilet
>normally. At least the contractions, I could fool myself into thinking
>were accomplishing something useful. This is not accomplishing
>anything. It's just pain. And I want it to stop. Please, God,
>today...
>--
>Cheryl S.
>Mom to Julie, 2 yr., 5 mo.
>And a boy, EDD 5.Sept

Awww, Cheryl, I feel so bad for you I want to cry! However, this is why I
kept the labor vibes coming despite the "bad" midwife being on this weekend.
I'm checking in a couple of times a day for any updates from you!!!!! I
really, really hope it's soon. it must be especially hard going longer than
you did with julie...............big hugs your way........

laurie
mommy to Jessica, 29 months
and Christopher, 4 months

*This email address is now valid*

Tiina Kartovaara > wrote in message
> Oh, Cheryl, that sounds awful! It sounds like it could be
> your SI joint. If it's any consolation to you, I had horrible,
> scream-out-loud pain like that *for two months* with pg #1

OMG, Tiina, I can't imagine. I'm sorry you suffered for so long.
You're right, at least it can't be that long for me. I imagine my SI
joint is affected, along with all the other bones down there! As Ericka
has described happened to her, anything that puts uneven pressure on my
hips is bad, so I'm wondering about SPD(?) too. It feels like
*everything* is coming apart; the pain is in my low-front, back, and
both sides. I've taken Tylenol (for me that is a big step and shows how
bad it is) but it has only helped a little. Julie was imitating how I'm
walking a little bit ago. It was really very funny but not for me ATM.
After he's born I'll look back on it and laugh.
--
Cheryl S.
Mom to Julie, 2 yr., 5 mo.
And a boy, EDD 5.Sept

Cleaning the house while your children are small is like
shoveling the sidewalk while it's still snowing.

Cheryl S.
August 31st 03, 10:18 PM
Mandy : > wrote in message
> Mostly a lurker here, but this is the first time I've read of
> someone else having the same severe pains at night.
> (Still don't understand why I get them so early, usually in
> the 6th-7th month, I'm 26 weeks). It's sheer agony just to
> turn from one side to the other, and takes a good couple
> of minutes to do so. Do you know exactly what causes it?

I had figured it was because this baby's head is so low, it's putting
too much pressure on all my bones, but with you, Tiina and Nina getting
it so much earlier than I did, I'm not sure. I would guess the relaxin
hormone has a lot to do with it too - in our cases allowing the joints
to separate too much, too early, rather than just helping make room for
the baby to pass during labor. It takes me quite a while to turn over
too, and getting up out of bed to pee is even worse. At times I have
actually felt dizzy, the pain is that bad.

> Sorry to hear you're dealing with so much discomfort,
> hopefully you'll be holding that baby any day now!

I'm sorry to hear you have it too, and especially so early! Thanks for
the good wishes.
--
Cheryl S.
Mom to Julie, 2 yr., 5 mo.
And a boy, EDD 5.Sept

Cleaning the house while your children are small is like
shoveling the sidewalk while it's still snowing.

Taniwha grrrl
August 31st 03, 10:22 PM
"Cheryl S." > wrote in message

> No, not the baby. I've had it with being pregnant.

{{{{Cheryl}}}}

--
Andrea

If I can't be a good example, then I'll just have to be a
horrible warning.

Daye
August 31st 03, 10:53 PM
On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 11:56:00 -0400, "Cheryl S."
> wrote:

>I was so happy when the contractions stopped 9 days ago. But over the
>past few days a new thing has come up and been getting steadily worse.

{{{{{{{{{{{{Cheryl}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} I hope the baby comes soon.

--
Daye
Momma to Jayan

Bryna729
August 31st 03, 11:54 PM
>No, not the baby. I've had it with being pregnant.
>
>I was so happy when the contractions stopped 9 days ago. But over the
>past few days a new thing has come up and been getting steadily worse.
>My entire pelvis hurts now. I can feel all of the bones clicking and
>grinding against each other and the baby's head. Just turning over in
>bed has gotten so bad I'm crying out in pain. For a while a hot shower
>and then walking around a bit in the morning helped. Now it doesn't. I
>am hobbling like a 90 year old today. To top it off, this is punctuated
>by bouts of even more intense pain due to gas pressure because the
>baby's head is in the way, so big and so low that I cannot toilet
>normally. At least the contractions, I could fool myself into thinking
>were accomplishing something useful. This is not accomplishing
>anything. It's just pain. And I want it to stop. Please, God,
>today...
>--
>Cheryl S.
>Mom to Julie, 2 yr., 5 mo.
>And a boy, EDD 5.Sept

I also was in terrible discomfort for the last few weeks of pregnancy,
especially, because baby's head was so low. But... I think her head being so
low led to my remarkably quick, easy labor -- so good may come from this yet!!
Sending you easy labor vibes...

Be well,

Bryna
Mommy to Yosef, in the midst of the terrible twos
& Temima, four months old

Stephanie and Tim
September 1st 03, 12:54 AM
"Cheryl S." > wrote in message
> No, not the baby. I've had it with being pregnant.
>
> I was so happy when the contractions stopped 9 days ago. But over the
> past few days a new thing has come up and been getting steadily worse.
> My entire pelvis hurts now. I can feel all of the bones clicking and
> grinding against each other and the baby's head. Just turning over in
> bed has gotten so bad I'm crying out in pain. For a while a hot shower
> and then walking around a bit in the morning helped. Now it doesn't. I
> am hobbling like a 90 year old today. To top it off, this is punctuated
> by bouts of even more intense pain due to gas pressure because the
> baby's head is in the way, so big and so low that I cannot toilet
> normally. At least the contractions, I could fool myself into thinking
> were accomplishing something useful. This is not accomplishing
> anything. It's just pain. And I want it to stop. Please, God,
> today...
> --
> Cheryl S.
> Mom to Julie, 2 yr., 5 mo.
> And a boy, EDD 5.Sept
>
> Cleaning the house while your children are small is like
> shoveling the sidewalk while it's still snowing.

I hope you feel better soon. I am pretty uncomfortable, but NOTHING like you
describe. I lat in bed and dream that I feel good. Usually puts me to sleep,
at which point I do not feel anything for about an hour 'till I am up to
pee. Again.

Hang in.

Stephanie

Nina
September 1st 03, 01:53 AM
"Cheryl S." > wrote

> I had figured it was because this baby's head is so low, it's putting
> too much pressure on all my bones, but with you, Tiina and Nina getting
> it so much earlier than I did, I'm not sure. I would guess the relaxin
> hormone has a lot to do with it too - in our cases allowing the joints
> to separate too much, too early, rather than just helping make room for
> the baby to pass during labor.

Mine started at 20 weeks, then stabilized a little. But as I get larger, it
gets worse. I waddle and hobble these days. Im pretty sure its hormonal.
This is my 3rd one, they say the body does things earlier w/later
pregnancies, as it already "knows" what to do.

Alphawave
September 1st 03, 02:26 AM
Cheryl says:

> I've had it with being pregnant.

:-( Hang in there, Cheryl. It can't be much longer now.

-- Alpha
alphawave at earthlink dot net

zeldabee
September 1st 03, 01:07 PM
"Cheryl S." > wrote:
> Mandy : > wrote ...
> > [...]It's sheer agony just to
> > turn from one side to the other, and takes a good couple
> > of minutes to do so. Do you know exactly what causes it?
>
> I had figured it was because this baby's head is so low, it's putting
> too much pressure on all my bones, but with you, Tiina and Nina getting
> it so much earlier than I did, I'm not sure. I would guess the relaxin
> hormone has a lot to do with it too - in our cases allowing the joints
> to separate too much, too early, rather than just helping make room for
> the baby to pass during labor. It takes me quite a while to turn over
> too, and getting up out of bed to pee is even worse. At times I have
> actually felt dizzy, the pain is that bad.

I've had the same thing for months, and my baby's not that low yet. The
trouble is, my hips are getting worse and worse, so I can't lie on my side
for longer than maybe 45 minutes or so. The left hip is worse, so that
means I spend more time on my right side. I make all kinds of awful noises
when I've got to turn over. Lying flat on my back makes my hips feel
better, but then I can't really breathe, so that doesn't work.

I've also had a big swollen knot over my pubic bone for months. I have a
hard time adjusting from sitting to standing, and vice versa. When I first
get up from sitting for a long time, it's excruciating. I just got up this
morning, and my hips are killing me.

I really hope I don't go too far past my due date, but I realize it's a
possiblilty.

--
z e l d a b e e @ p a n i x . c o m http://NewsReader.Com/

Tiina Kartovaara
September 1st 03, 03:20 PM
Cheryl S. wrote:
> Mandy : > wrote in message
>
>>Mostly a lurker here, but this is the first time I've read of
>>someone else having the same severe pains at night.
>>(Still don't understand why I get them so early, usually in
>>the 6th-7th month, I'm 26 weeks). It's sheer agony just to
>>turn from one side to the other, and takes a good couple
>>of minutes to do so. Do you know exactly what causes it?
>

> I had figured it was because this baby's head is so low, it's putting
> too much pressure on all my bones, but with you, Tiina and Nina getting
> it so much earlier than I did, I'm not sure. I would guess the relaxin
> hormone has a lot to do with it too - in our cases allowing the joints
> to separate too much, too early, rather than just helping make room for
> the baby to pass during labor. It takes me quite a while to turn over
> too, and getting up out of bed to pee is even worse. At times I have
> actually felt dizzy, the pain is that bad.

With me, the cause was a combination of things. I fractured my ankle at
13 weeks and consequently walked with an uneven gait for *months* -
first because of the plastic "boot", and afterwards because my ankle was
still stiff. I should have gotten physical therapy right away - you
should *not* "walk funny" when pregnant! - but I was going on vacation,
blah, blah. By the time I realized what a huge mistake I'd made, it was
too late - the limping and the relaxin together had done a number on me,
and my pelvic bones were all out of whack. My SI joint was crooked, with
a big gap where there shouldn't be one, and that made turning over at
night *agonizing*. Not to mention walking, sitting, or pretty much
existing..

So, pregnancy hormones were a factor, but the limping was the main cause
- I guess that's why I haven't had any symptoms this time around. (Knock
on wood!)

Just one good thing about it, really - after the birth, it goes away
amazingly fast!

Tiina
SAHM to Emilia,4
EDD Sept.15

>>Sorry to hear you're dealing with so much discomfort,
>>hopefully you'll be holding that baby any day now!
>

> I'm sorry to hear you have it too, and especially so early! Thanks for
> the good wishes.
> --
> Cheryl S.
> Mom to Julie, 2 yr., 5 mo.
> And a boy, EDD 5.Sept
>
> Cleaning the house while your children are small is like
> shoveling the sidewalk while it's still snowing.

Cheryl S.
September 1st 03, 09:42 PM
Laurie > wrote in message
t...
> I really, really hope it's soon. it must be especially hard
> going longer than you did with julie...............big hugs
> your way........

Thanks, Laurie. I should never have counted back to 38w1d (the day of
pregnancy Julie was born) for this pregnancy. I've been feeling
"overdue" ever since August 22!! It's unfathomable to me every time I
realize I'm still only 39 weeks now.
--
Cheryl S.
Mom to Julie, 2 yr., 5 mo.
And a boy, EDD 5.Sept

Cleaning the house while your children are small is like
shoveling the sidewalk while it's still snowing.

Cheryl S.
September 1st 03, 09:51 PM
Andrea > wrote in message
> It's terrible. Icouldn't walk at the end as my pelvis hurt so bad.
> And sciatica! OUCHIE!

I've had a couple of jolts of sciatica if I reach too far in one
direction - (TMI - such as trying to wipe after using the toilet) - that
is *really* bad!

> You go through all the pain, suffering and eager anticipation, then
> as soon as your baby is born you barely remember the suffering.

IDK, I remember the three weeks of misery just before Julie was born
pretty well... ;-)

> Just think soon a new life will be born, your beautiful baby boy,
> and nothing else will matter.

But it is definitely worth it, I agree.

> One more thing, with all 5 of my pregnancies I only went into
> labour when I had stopped thinking about it, I have always been
> caught out.

It's funny that the end of pregnancy is so much like the beginning in
some ways - suddenly paying attention to every little twinge and
sensation in your body, wondering if it *means* something.

> (((hugs)))

Thanks, Andrea!
--
Cheryl S.
Mom to Julie, 2 yr., 5 mo.
And a boy, EDD 5.Sept

Cleaning the house while your children are small is like
shoveling the sidewalk while it's still snowing.

Em
September 2nd 03, 02:51 PM
"Cheryl S." > wrote in message
> Andrea > wrote in message
<snip>
> > One more thing, with all 5 of my pregnancies I only went into
> > labour when I had stopped thinking about it, I have always been
> > caught out.
>
> It's funny that the end of pregnancy is so much like the beginning in
> some ways - suddenly paying attention to every little twinge and
> sensation in your body, wondering if it *means* something.

Ain't that the truth!! I hadn't thought of it like that before, but now that
you mention it, it *is* a lot like the anticipation/stress of early
pregnancy. The endless analyzing of all the possibilities! Every time I have
contractions that are 15 minutes apart or less I start thinking, "should I
time them, just in case?" (of course, after I think that I don't have
another one for at least 40 minutes!). Also, hoping to see more mucous plug
"chunks" when I use the bathroom (as opposed to when TTC, when I didn't want
to see *anything* when I used the bathroom!).

I'm not to the "must have the baby NOW" point yet, but I am definitely
paying attention to every twinge and change and hoping against hope that I'm
not still pregnant in October!

Anyway, I know it isn't any consolation, but you are *guaranteed* to have
this baby sooner than late! It must happen. Sorry that you are experiencing
so much discomfort. It sounds really awful! (((Cheryl)))

--
Em
edd 9/23/03