PDA

View Full Version : 37w 4d update

Tiina Kartovaara
August 31st 03, 07:14 PM
I had another of my weekly appts. on Friday, and while everything is
still fine, it was slightly less boring than usual. Not much, but still..

First, like I've said, all the cultures and tests (including mono) for
my sore throat turned out to be negative, and it finally seems to be
getting better. Good thing too, since it's been almost three weeks!

Anyway, my bp was 118/70, urine clear, bump had grown 1 cm to 34. But
the jolting surprise, the big shocker of the week was that I hadn't
gained any weight but had actually lost a little bit! I know that's not
unheard of in these final weeks, but I never figured it would happen to
me. I like to eat, even with a sore throat.. So my gain is still around
16 kg or 35 pounds.

Another "dramatic" moment was experienced when the NP listened to baby's
heartbeat. Once again, it was around 130, and this time she wanted to
make sure it was reactive. So she asked me to turn over to my side. Sure
enough, when I changed position, the baby moved, the heartrate shot past
150, and the NP was happy. But I had a moment's uneasiness there, when
she frowned and went "hmm". Was the baby's heartrate too low, too flat?
I'm glad it wasn't..

Then we talked about the hospital tour I'd just done with DH, and she
was happy when I told her I was impressed. Then I showed her some nude
pregnancy pics of myself that had turned out very well, and I was happy
that she was impressed!

So, I'm still doing great and counting my blessings every day. People
are starting to act amazed when they see me out and about. A neighbor
saw me walking about two miles from home and, when she heard my due
date, exclaimed: "And you're still walking around just like that? Aren't
you nervous??" I mean, I can understand not feeling up to it (I
certainly wasn't with pg #1), but why should I be nervous? The baby's
not going to fall out while I walk.. I wish! ;-)

OK, it's almost September. Take care, all of you September moms - it's
the final countdown! :-)

Tiina
SAHM to Emilia,4
EDD Sept.15

Taniwha grrrl
August 31st 03, 10:17 PM
"Tiina Kartovaara" > wrote in
message

> OK, it's almost September. Take care, all of you September
moms - it's
> the final countdown! :-)

Well it's the 1st of September here (New
Zealand)Tiina...your officially due this month ;o)

--
Andrea

If I can't be a good example, then I'll just have to be a
horrible warning.

Kereru
September 1st 03, 02:12 AM
"Tiina Kartovaara" > wrote in message
> I had another of my weekly appts. on Friday, and while everything is
> still fine, it was slightly less boring than usual. Not much, but still..
>
> First, like I've said, all the cultures and tests (including mono) for
> my sore throat turned out to be negative, and it finally seems to be
> getting better. Good thing too, since it's been almost three weeks!
>
> Anyway, my bp was 118/70, urine clear, bump had grown 1 cm to 34. But
> the jolting surprise, the big shocker of the week was that I hadn't
> gained any weight but had actually lost a little bit! I know that's not
> unheard of in these final weeks, but I never figured it would happen to
> me. I like to eat, even with a sore throat.. So my gain is still around
> 16 kg or 35 pounds.
>
> Another "dramatic" moment was experienced when the NP listened to baby's
> heartbeat. Once again, it was around 130, and this time she wanted to
> make sure it was reactive. So she asked me to turn over to my side. Sure
> enough, when I changed position, the baby moved, the heartrate shot past
> 150, and the NP was happy. But I had a moment's uneasiness there, when
> she frowned and went "hmm". Was the baby's heartrate too low, too flat?
> I'm glad it wasn't..
>
> Then we talked about the hospital tour I'd just done with DH, and she
> was happy when I told her I was impressed. Then I showed her some nude
> pregnancy pics of myself that had turned out very well, and I was happy
> that she was impressed!
>
> So, I'm still doing great and counting my blessings every day. People
> are starting to act amazed when they see me out and about. A neighbor
> saw me walking about two miles from home and, when she heard my due
> date, exclaimed: "And you're still walking around just like that? Aren't
> you nervous??" I mean, I can understand not feeling up to it (I
> certainly wasn't with pg #1), but why should I be nervous? The baby's
> not going to fall out while I walk.. I wish! ;-)
>
> OK, it's almost September. Take care, all of you September moms - it's
> the final countdown! :-)
>

> Tiina
> SAHM to Emilia,4
> EDD Sept.15

Great news all is well. I just thought I'd mention. I have had a sore throat
for ages and ages this pregnancy. I get terrible heartburn and have been
desperately holding out against medication but finally gave in and started
taking it this last week. My sore throat has gone. I think the stomch acid
was burning it. If you have bad heartburn maybe you have the same problem.

Just an idea

Judy

Tiina Kartovaara
September 1st 03, 10:24 AM
Kereru wrote:

> "Tiina Kartovaara" > wrote in message
>
>>I had another of my weekly appts. on Friday, and while everything is
>>still fine, it was slightly less boring than usual. Not much, but still..
>>
>>First, like I've said, all the cultures and tests (including mono) for
>>my sore throat turned out to be negative, and it finally seems to be
>>getting better. Good thing too, since it's been almost three weeks!
>>
>>Anyway, my bp was 118/70, urine clear, bump had grown 1 cm to 34. But
>>the jolting surprise, the big shocker of the week was that I hadn't
>>gained any weight but had actually lost a little bit! I know that's not
>>unheard of in these final weeks, but I never figured it would happen to
>>me. I like to eat, even with a sore throat.. So my gain is still around
>>16 kg or 35 pounds.
>>
>>Another "dramatic" moment was experienced when the NP listened to baby's
>>heartbeat. Once again, it was around 130, and this time she wanted to
>>make sure it was reactive. So she asked me to turn over to my side. Sure
>>enough, when I changed position, the baby moved, the heartrate shot past
>>150, and the NP was happy. But I had a moment's uneasiness there, when
>>she frowned and went "hmm". Was the baby's heartrate too low, too flat?
>>I'm glad it wasn't..
>>
>>Then we talked about the hospital tour I'd just done with DH, and she
>>was happy when I told her I was impressed. Then I showed her some nude
>>pregnancy pics of myself that had turned out very well, and I was happy
>> that she was impressed!
>>
>>So, I'm still doing great and counting my blessings every day. People
>>are starting to act amazed when they see me out and about. A neighbor
>>saw me walking about two miles from home and, when she heard my due
>>date, exclaimed: "And you're still walking around just like that? Aren't
>>you nervous??" I mean, I can understand not feeling up to it (I
>>certainly wasn't with pg #1), but why should I be nervous? The baby's
>>not going to fall out while I walk.. I wish! ;-)
>>
>>OK, it's almost September. Take care, all of you September moms - it's
>>the final countdown! :-)
>>

>>Tiina
>>SAHM to Emilia,4
>>EDD Sept.15
>>

> Great news all is well. I just thought I'd mention. I have had a sore throat
> for ages and ages this pregnancy. I get terrible heartburn and have been
> desperately holding out against medication but finally gave in and started
> taking it this last week. My sore throat has gone. I think the stomch acid
> was burning it. If you have bad heartburn maybe you have the same problem.
>
> Just an idea
>
> Judy

I'm sorry your heartburn was so bad! It seems my sore throat was a virus
though. I've had no heartburn during this pregnancy, in fact I don't
think I've *ever* had it, so I hardly know how it feels! But I'm glad
you finally got rid of yours.

Be well,

Tiina
SAHM to Emilia,4
EDD Sept.15

Elly
September 1st 03, 05:56 PM
Tiina - glad that everything is going so smoothly! How does it feel to be a
fortnight away from *the big day*?

Good for you to be walking around like that! I went twice a day to the beach
to swim last month (it will be only a couple of days a week from now on
since DH's holiday is over) and I got a lot of frowns when people looked at
my bump going in the water and swimming for 30-45 minutes at the time. What
do they think we should do? Stay at home and wait? ;-) As you said, the baby
won't just fall out - no matter how much we'd like it to ;-)

Enjoy the last couple of weeks of pregnancy,
Elly
35 weeks today - cca 34 days to go!
EDD October 6th

"Tiina Kartovaara" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> I had another of my weekly appts. on Friday, and while everything is
> still fine, it was slightly less boring than usual. Not much, but still..
>
> First, like I've said, all the cultures and tests (including mono) for
> my sore throat turned out to be negative, and it finally seems to be
> getting better. Good thing too, since it's been almost three weeks!
>
> Anyway, my bp was 118/70, urine clear, bump had grown 1 cm to 34. But
> the jolting surprise, the big shocker of the week was that I hadn't
> gained any weight but had actually lost a little bit! I know that's not
> unheard of in these final weeks, but I never figured it would happen to
> me. I like to eat, even with a sore throat.. So my gain is still around
> 16 kg or 35 pounds.
>
> Another "dramatic" moment was experienced when the NP listened to baby's
> heartbeat. Once again, it was around 130, and this time she wanted to
> make sure it was reactive. So she asked me to turn over to my side. Sure
> enough, when I changed position, the baby moved, the heartrate shot past
> 150, and the NP was happy. But I had a moment's uneasiness there, when
> she frowned and went "hmm". Was the baby's heartrate too low, too flat?
> I'm glad it wasn't..
>
> Then we talked about the hospital tour I'd just done with DH, and she
> was happy when I told her I was impressed. Then I showed her some nude
> pregnancy pics of myself that had turned out very well, and I was happy
> that she was impressed!
>
> So, I'm still doing great and counting my blessings every day. People
> are starting to act amazed when they see me out and about. A neighbor
> saw me walking about two miles from home and, when she heard my due
> date, exclaimed: "And you're still walking around just like that? Aren't
> you nervous??" I mean, I can understand not feeling up to it (I
> certainly wasn't with pg #1), but why should I be nervous? The baby's
> not going to fall out while I walk.. I wish! ;-)
>
> OK, it's almost September. Take care, all of you September moms - it's
> the final countdown! :-)
>

> Tiina
> SAHM to Emilia,4
> EDD Sept.15

Em
September 3rd 03, 03:48 AM
"Tiina Kartovaara" > wrote in message
> I had another of my weekly appts. on Friday, and while everything is
> still fine, it was slightly less boring than usual. Not much, but still..
>
> First, like I've said, all the cultures and tests (including mono) for
> my sore throat turned out to be negative, and it finally seems to be
> getting better. Good thing too, since it's been almost three weeks!

Glad that it is *finally* getting better for you! It is about time.

> Anyway, my bp was 118/70, urine clear, bump had grown 1 cm to 34. But
> the jolting surprise, the big shocker of the week was that I hadn't
> gained any weight but had actually lost a little bit! I know that's not
> unheard of in these final weeks, but I never figured it would happen to
> me. I like to eat, even with a sore throat.. So my gain is still around
> 16 kg or 35 pounds.

That's interesting. It seems like you and I have had some similar weight
gain experiences--"big" appointments and "small" appointments. I'm curious
to see what my appt. on Thursday reveals to me (with my tricky double
weighing plan ;-)

> Another "dramatic" moment was experienced when the NP listened to baby's
> heartbeat. Once again, it was around 130, and this time she wanted to
> make sure it was reactive. So she asked me to turn over to my side. Sure
> enough, when I changed position, the baby moved, the heartrate shot past
> 150, and the NP was happy. But I had a moment's uneasiness there, when
> she frowned and went "hmm". Was the baby's heartrate too low, too flat? >
I'm glad it wasn't..

That sounds a bit weird--frowns and "hmms" are not the way to instill
confidence. I would have been a bit nervous also!

> Then we talked about the hospital tour I'd just done with DH, and she
> was happy when I told her I was impressed. Then I showed her some nude
> pregnancy pics of myself that had turned out very well, and I was happy
> that she was impressed!

Ooh! Ooh! I wanted to tell you that I got my mom to take some "arty"
pregnancy pix of me this weekend (remember I told you that DH didn't feel
comfortable with it?). Not wholly nude, but pretty close. I really hope they
turn out well--I imagine I will likely have the baby before I get the film
developed to find out, so they were my only chance!

> So, I'm still doing great and counting my blessings every day. People
> are starting to act amazed when they see me out and about. A neighbor
> saw me walking about two miles from home and, when she heard my due >
date, exclaimed: "And you're still walking around just like that? Aren't
> you nervous??" I mean, I can understand not feeling up to it (I
> certainly wasn't with pg #1), but why should I be nervous? The baby's
> not going to fall out while I walk.. I wish! ;-)
>
> OK, it's almost September. Take care, all of you September moms - it's
> the final countdown! :-)

It sounds like you are still doing great! I felt like I'd be much more huge
and ungainly by this point in my pregnancy. I'm kind of surprised how it is
all turning out.

It feels weird to be in the "due month." January (when I found out I was
pregnant) seems very far away on one hand, but OTOH, it seems like yesterday
that I was newly pregnant and so nervous about everything.

--
Em
edd 9/23/03

Em
September 3rd 03, 08:57 PM
"Tiina Kartovaara" > wrote in message
> Em wrote:
>
> > "Tiina Kartovaara" > wrote in message
>

> >>Then we talked about the hospital tour I'd just done with DH, and she
> >>was happy when I told her I was impressed. Then I showed her some nude
> >>pregnancy pics of myself that had turned out very well, and I was happy
> >> that she was impressed!
> >

> > Ooh! Ooh! I wanted to tell you that I got my mom to take some "arty"
> > pregnancy pix of me this weekend (remember I told you that DH didn't
feel
> > comfortable with it?). Not wholly nude, but pretty close. I really hope
they
> > turn out well--I imagine I will likely have the baby before I get the
film
> > developed to find out, so they were my only chance!
>

> I'm glad you got the chance, and I hope you'll be happy with them! I
> really like mine - the contrast between the bare skin and the dark sea
> and sky on the background works great. I ordered extra copies for other
> people plus enlargements for myself. Maybe I'll hang them on the living
> room wall! And no body paint there like on that wimp Demi Moore on the
> VF cover.. ;-)

Those sound really gorgeous. We took mine out in a flower bed at my parents'
house and also inside with just the wooden wall as the background.

> > It sounds like you are still doing great! I felt like I'd be much more
huge
> > and ungainly by this point in my pregnancy. I'm kind of surprised how it
is
> > all turning out.
>

> I know. I thought I'd be lumbering around and grunting at this point,
> but no. Even though I'm definitely feeling the effects more this week,
> it's still *much* easier than I expected!

I've certainly noticed that I make a bit more noise when getting up and when
sitting down that I used too--kind of "oof" type sounds! I still skip fairly
merrily up the stairs though and can still touch my forehead to the floor
during my daily seated yoga positions! Not nearly so lumbersome as I
anticipated before. I also thought I'd look and feel more HUGE than I do--I
don't look nine months pregnant to myself.

> > It feels weird to be in the "due month." January (when I found out I was
> > pregnant) seems very far away on one hand, but OTOH, it seems like
yesterday
> > that I was newly pregnant and so nervous about everything.
>

> Yeah, I know. I can't decide whether time has gone by quickly or slowly!
> And I still can't believe it when I see *May* due dates on the ng. I
> mean, May! :-)

Oh my goodness, I know what you mean. Times flies away.

--
Em
edd 9/23/03

Laurie
September 6th 03, 02:36 AM
Em wrote in message ...

>"Daye" > wrote in message
>
>> On Wed, 03 Sep 2003 19:57:59 GMT, "Em" >
>> wrote:

>slowly!
>> >
>> >Oh my goodness, I know what you mean. Times flies away.
>>
>> Just wait until after the baby comes and you see people due in the
>> month that you gave birth. It was really weird for me.
>
>I know! I can't imagine. I've actually felt weird on behalf of other people
>when I see all the new due dates that were in the month of a "big birth"
>here (such as Laurie & baby Christopher)! :-) It is a weird reality check
>kind of--my edd seems like such a big deal to me and it is weird to know
how
>life flows on and there are loads more babies the next year at the same
time
>and so on and so forth.

Aww, I got mentioned! How sweet ! :) I know what you mean though, there
was a huge influx of births in April and that seems to be coming again soon!

laurie
mommy to Jessica, 29 months
and Christopher, 4 months

*This email address is now valid*