PDA

View Full Version : February due dates

Mary
September 1st 03, 05:59 AM
How's everyone feeling this month? Is the morning sickness gone, the
tiredness starting to fade? Not too huge yet, but enough belly to run
your hands over with that sweet, wistful smile on your face when you
don't think anyone's noticing? :) How is sleeping, getting more
awkward? Started doing those kegels? Any food cravings, exercise
routines, yoga classes? Adjusting to the idea of parenthood yet? What
else is going on, in pregnancy or in life?

Mary S.

Carolyn Jean Fairman
September 2nd 03, 05:57 PM
Truffles > wrote:
>Mary wrote:
>> How's everyone feeling this month? Is the morning sickness gone, the
>> tiredness starting to fade? Not too huge yet, but enough belly to run
>> your hands over with that sweet, wistful smile on your face when you
>> don't think anyone's noticing? :) How is sleeping, getting more
>> awkward? Started doing those kegels? Any food cravings, exercise
>> routines, yoga classes? Adjusting to the idea of parenthood yet? What
>> else is going on, in pregnancy or in life?
>
>The sickness is gone and the tiredness is definitely starting to go
>away. I'm in my maternity clothes now because I'm measuring larger than
>I am.

I didn't have morning sickness but I sure was tired! I had to take
some sick time and go home one afternoon and sleep. Since then, I
don't let myself stay up past 10pm. And I still need naps on the
weekend! Sleeping would be fine if I didn't have to get up to pee 3-4
times a night, though at least I don't feel queasy and need to eat
something at 2am anymore.

I had been jogging a little before I got pregnant, now I work very
hard to make sure I get out three times a week. Kegels, wow, and I
need to start doing the pelvic tucks and practice squatting.

>The little popsicle is really roaming around in there. I can feel it
>doing olympic laps. DH barely felt the movement.

I'm envious! I keep feeling something like movement but it isn't
clear yet. Julian was like a little fish flipping and flopping all
the time, rather than kicks and pokes.

>Brigitte aa #2145
>edd #3 February 15, 2004

EDD#2 Feb 16, 2004

(#1 born Sept 28, 1998 and is he ever excited that we are finally
producing a sibling!)

--Carolyn

--
Carolyn Fairman
http://www.stanford.edu/~cfairman/

Aprill
September 6th 03, 08:44 AM
Mary wrote:

> How's everyone feeling this month? Is the morning sickness gone, the
> tiredness starting to fade? Not too huge yet, but enough belly to run
> your hands over with that sweet, wistful smile on your face when you
> don't think anyone's noticing? :) How is sleeping, getting more
> awkward? Started doing those kegels? Any food cravings, exercise
> routines, yoga classes? Adjusting to the idea of parenthood yet? What
> else is going on, in pregnancy or in life?
>
> Mary S.

Hi!

I'm going pretty well. Have the big ultrasound this coming thursday and
am hoping to find out the sex. I was lucky to miss out on morning
sickness though I was very tired for a while. Not so sleepy now but
sciatica is bad every now and then. No cravings, been doing a bit of
yoga along with a video tape as I cant make it to classes. I'm starting
to mourn the comfortable couplehood I have with DH now even though we're
not quite half way yet.

My mother keeps "heavily suggesting" c-sec this and c-sec that. I'm not
surprised really, given that she had a long labour with me. But she's
very good at applying pressure...and it's a little frustrating. I lack
the tact to be nice about it..and I'll never convince her to see things
from my perspective no matter what the subject. ahhh but thats a whole
other chapter.

Other than that my due date is still not confirmed as my first
ultrasound dated me wayy ahead of what I reckon I really am. They say
6th Feb, I say 17th... so I'm interested in what the next ultrasound
will say. I've felt a couple of flutters but nothing really obvious yet.

I just bought a few maternity tops but am having trouble finding any
nice pants and skirts. Might have to just spend the money on a couple of
decent pairs to get me by.

Well, thats my life story.. hope everyone else is doing well.

cheers,
Aprill
#1 Edd - feb ?

Naomi Rivkis
September 11th 03, 07:12 PM
On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 21:59:49 -0700, Mary > wrote:

>How's everyone feeling this month? Is the morning sickness gone, the
>tiredness starting to fade? Not too huge yet, but enough belly to run
>your hands over with that sweet, wistful smile on your face when you
>don't think anyone's noticing? :) How is sleeping, getting more
>awkward? Started doing those kegels? Any food cravings, exercise
>routines, yoga classes? Adjusting to the idea of parenthood yet? What
>else is going on, in pregnancy or in life?

Tiredness starting to fade, nausea starting to fade but not gone yet,
panic attacks starting to fade but not gone yet, as I struggle to
adjust to the thought of being responsible for another person for the
rest of my life. (I only found out I was pregnant two weeks ago, so
I'm getting a late start on the adjustment process.) No real food
cravings, it's more a matter of "what *can* I eat?" than "what do I
*want* to eat?" I've got an obstetrician, I'm interviewing doulas, I'm
going to tour the maternity ward of the hospital where my OB delivers
this evening. If it's horrible I may have to switch doctors, but it
sounds okay so far. Started on kegels but not as many of them as I
ought to. I still don't show yet at *all*, I can just barely feel it
when I lie on my stomach with my arms over my head, but even that
isn't difficult or awkward yet. I have been too tired to start
exercising, but may be able to do something about that soon.

Naomi
EDD 2/28/04