PDA

View Full Version : April due dates

Mary
September 1st 03, 06:02 AM
Welcome and congratulations, if you're just found out! Do you feel
pregnant yet, or is it still new and stunning? Have you started telling
people? Started to look around at the hospitals and birth centers near
you, taking prenatals? Any food cravings, any morning queasiness?
Peeing a million times a day? How's pregnancy treating you so far? I
hope the next nine months are happy, healthy, and fun!

Mary S.

Leanne
September 1st 03, 06:06 AM
> Welcome and congratulations, if you're just found out!

thanks ;)

Do you feel
> pregnant yet, or is it still new and stunning?

It doesnt feel real, except the sick part lol

Have you started telling
> people?

A few close friends and family

Started to look around at the hospitals and birth centers near
> you, taking prenatals?

err... not yet! lol

Any food cravings, any morning queasiness?
> Peeing a million times a day?

Yes yes and yes!

How's pregnancy treating you so far?

I've felt better ;)

> hope the next nine months are happy, healthy, and fun!

Thanks :)

ang
September 1st 03, 01:56 PM
"Mary" > wrote in message

> Welcome and congratulations, if you're just found out! Do you feel
> pregnant yet, or is it still new and stunning? Have you started telling
> people? Started to look around at the hospitals and birth centers near
> you, taking prenatals? Any food cravings, any morning queasiness?
> Peeing a million times a day? How's pregnancy treating you so far? I
> hope the next nine months are happy, healthy, and fun!
>
> Mary S.

Other than being stressed out and trying to relax. Pregnancy is treating me
well. As this is my 2nd pregnancy, I don't feel as much stunned as the
first, but definitely just as happy. I'm taking my prenatal even though they
make me gag.....no food cravings yet, I'm still very early, so I'm sure the
symptoms will come stronger! Thanks :-)

Elaine
September 1st 03, 02:29 PM
In article >, Mary wrote:
> Do you feel pregnant yet, or is it still new and stunning?

Oh boy do I feel pregnant. I'm not entirely certain
that I'll get a baby at the end yet, but I'm
positive I'm pregnant.

> Have you started telling people?

Well, I had to tell my manager, so that I could start
putting hardware and software in place to let me work
from home after delivery. She can't keep her mouth
shut, and now I think the whole office knows. Fortunately,
there are at least 3 pregnant women, and three with new
babies in our group of 30 people. My co-workers seem to
be pretty well trained not to ask silly/nosey questions.

> Started to look around at the hospitals and birth centers near
> you, taking prenatals?

I've picked out a homebirth midwife, and although I waffle
about her, I think it was a good choice overall. I've been
supplementing my normal multi instead of taking a prenatal,
and will probably continue to do so, since I can't find a
prenatal with enough of the b vitamins to make me happy.

> Any food cravings, any morning queasiness?

Not exactly cravings, but I can't eat any particular
food more than twice in a week, and I can't eat eggs
anymore. They're all ooky. I only seem to get sick
when I eat rice, so rice is back on my avoid list.

> Peeing a million times a day? How's pregnancy treating you so far?

Slightly less than a million, maybe 100,000 or so. :) Aside
from backache, still-aching breasts, constant
hunger, fatigue, whacked out blood sugar, nosebleeds,
congestion, cramps, food aversions and crankyness - Pregnancy
is great. :) Oh, and I could pass on the multitude of
twin dreams too.

> I hope the next nine months are happy, healthy, and fun!

Thanks!

Elaine (edd 5/9/03)

Linz
September 1st 03, 03:59 PM
"Elaine" > wrote in message
> In article >, Mary wrote:

> > Started to look around at the hospitals and birth centers near
> > you, taking prenatals?
>
> I've picked out a homebirth midwife, and although I waffle
> about her, I think it was a good choice overall. I've been
> supplementing my normal multi instead of taking a prenatal,
> and will probably continue to do so, since I can't find a
> prenatal with enough of the b vitamins to make me happy.

Check the kind of vitamin A you're getting in the normal multi, you don't
want too much of the animal-based vitA just now.

Kerry J. Renaissance-McAdams
September 1st 03, 05:31 PM
On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 22:02:42 -0700, Mary > wrote:

>Welcome and congratulations, if you're just found out! Do you feel
>pregnant yet, or is it still new and stunning? Have you started telling
>people? Started to look around at the hospitals and birth centers near
>you, taking prenatals? Any food cravings, any morning queasiness?
>Peeing a million times a day? How's pregnancy treating you so far? I
>hope the next nine months are happy, healthy, and fun!

Not telling a lot of people since this is a surrogate pregnancy. I've
spoken with most friends and family about doing one, run into mixed
along before having them deal with the reality.

Taking prenatals, drinking RRL tea. I seem to be going for lots of
salty foods, and citrus. Off the red meat again, hopefully only for
the 1st trimester. Was having almost no morning sickness, now I'm
throwing up about once a day. The appetite has definitely waned.

Overall, fairly tolerable. Miles is now 17 mos old, and much more
independent (or trying to be). Much chasing of little boy these days.
I begin to believe a toddler is a great exercise program. :)

The Shannons
September 1st 03, 11:27 PM
"Mary" > wrote in message

> Welcome and congratulations, if you're just found out! Do you feel
> pregnant yet, or is it still new and stunning?
I feel pregnant. This is #2 for me, so I feel pregnant, but nearly as
freaked out or scared that something awful is going to happen, which is how
I felt last time.

> Have you started telling people?
I've told DH, close family, my moms' group, and the person I'm job-sharing
with (since she'll have to either take over the class full time for the last
6 weeks of school, or deal with sharing the job with a long-term sub, I
thought she should know sooner rather than later so she could start thinking
about her options.) We haven't told my DS yet, nor my 9 year-old niece (my
niece mostly because I think she'd slip and tell my son.) I probably won't
go more public until well into my 2nd trimester, maybe later.

>Started to look around at the hospitals and birth centers near you?
We're really thinking about a home birth, but haven't really looked into the
details yet. (See my "reintro and question" post.) I'm a little
overwhelmed with school starting and the fatigue and all.

> How's pregnancy treating you so far?

I'm quesy a lot, but I don't throw up. (At least not yet.) This is very
different than when I was pregnant with my DS. I didn't have any morning
sickness to speak of with him, though I did feel really bloated, gassy, and
miserable through most evenings of the first trimester. I'm also having hot
flashes, and occasional bouts of the weepies. So far, it's really different
than my first pregnancy, but very pleasant.

Cheers!
Grace

pcb
September 2nd 03, 11:00 AM
> "Mary" > wrote in message
>
>>Welcome and congratulations, if you're just found out! Do you feel
>>pregnant yet, or is it still new and stunning?

I don't feel pregnant at all, just very tired. This is my first and I'm
39. I felt more pregnant the week after AF was due, bloated all over.
Now I just have some tenderness in my breasts and they look fuller, but
that's all.

>>Have you started telling people?

No. I'm 8w3d and haven't had my first exam yet. We're waiting till
after we've had an "official" confirmation. My appt is for Sept 15.

>>Started to look around at the hospitals and birth centers near you?

No.

>>How's pregnancy treating you so far?

Very well, except for being tired and irritable every once in awhile.
No nausea to speak of. I sometimes forget I'm pregnant.

pcb

Truffles
September 9th 03, 12:19 AM
Elaine wrote:

> Elaine (edd 5/9/03)

???

Elaine, what's your due date? I have you as April 5, 2004, is that correct?

--
Brigitte aa #2145
edd #3 February 15, 2004

~ Harriet Martineau

Elaine
September 9th 03, 05:29 PM
In article >, Truffles wrote:
> Elaine, what's your due date? I have you as April 5, 2004, is that correct?

Umm, april, 2004. That's about as far as I'm willing to commit just now.
My pcp said April 5, 2004. My midwife said April 9, 2004. My mother
thinks that I'm four weeks further along than I thought I was,
and claims I'm due in mid-march. I'm expecting to deliver on
April 15th, just because it's the day taxes are due.

Since all the dates are based on LMP, and I have slightly
irregular periods, I figure that the baby will hatch when
it's darn good and ready.

Elaine

Phoebe & Allyson
September 10th 03, 06:21 PM
Elaine wrote:

> My mother
> thinks that I'm four weeks further along than I thought I was,
> and claims I'm due in mid-march.

FWIW, we've revised that opinion, based on how miserable you
still seem to be. April 17th or 18th would work for me. ;)

Phoebe :)

Phoebe & Allyson
September 12th 03, 01:34 AM
Elaine wrote:

> Well, I think I'm measuring large for those dates. My ten week
> appointment was yesterday (10w+3d), and my fundal height
> was two fingers above my pubic bone, and she hadn't expected
> to be able to feel it yet.

The notes from my 9w5d appointment said "felt" under fundal
height, and my midwife didn't seem surprised by it. And
remember, I measured 2 weeks large and 4 weeks small at
various points throughout my pregnancy, and had a perfectly
average (55th percentile for babies born at that gestation)
baby.

Not that your baby couldn't still be freakishly large. ;)

> Simon tells me that I'm miserable because I'm not eating
> and drinking enough, and he's probably right. All I manged
> to eat yesterday between 8:30am and 8:30pm was half of a
> medium fries, a macaroon and some ginger lemonade.

Um, yeah. Keep your can of raw almonds on the bedside, and
eat a few before you sit up in the morning.

Phoebe :)