PDA

View Full Version : Do Chinese Gender Charts work?

Karen P
September 1st 03, 01:37 PM
Are they accurate? I know people who swear by them, and say they are
virtually 100% accurate in predicting the gender of their baby. I
looked at it for fun, but get confused when it has me figuring "lunar
age". If I did it right then it would be correct for my first child.
What do you all think?

Thanks,
karen

Laurie
September 1st 03, 02:07 PM
Karen P wrote in message ...
>Are they accurate? I know people who swear by them, and say they are
>virtually 100% accurate in predicting the gender of their baby. I
>looked at it for fun, but get confused when it has me figuring "lunar
>age". If I did it right then it would be correct for my first child.
>What do you all think?
>
>Thanks,
>karen

It was wrong for both of my kids!

laurie
mommy to Jessica, 29 months
and Christopher, 4 months

*This email address is now valid*

Plissken
September 1st 03, 03:01 PM
"Karen P" > wrote in message
> Are they accurate? I know people who swear by them, and say they are
> virtually 100% accurate in predicting the gender of their baby. I
> looked at it for fun, but get confused when it has me figuring "lunar
> age". If I did it right then it would be correct for my first child.
> What do you all think?
>
> Thanks,
> karen

I don't know how they could be correct. They look at the age of the mother
and the month of conception. What the heck does the mother have to do with
gender selection? It is the father who determines the sex. I think it is a
load of hooey!

Nadene

Sophie
September 1st 03, 05:00 PM
"Karen P" > wrote in message
> Are they accurate? I know people who swear by them, and say they are
> virtually 100% accurate in predicting the gender of their baby. I
> looked at it for fun, but get confused when it has me figuring "lunar
> age". If I did it right then it would be correct for my first child.
> What do you all think?
>
> Thanks,
> karen

It did for my first and second but not my third. I think they're fun anyway.

Tracy
September 1st 03, 05:05 PM
It was accurate for myself and 2 of my friends.

Tracy
Kyla Grace 8/18

"Karen P" > wrote in message
> Are they accurate? I know people who swear by them, and say they are
> virtually 100% accurate in predicting the gender of their baby. I
> looked at it for fun, but get confused when it has me figuring "lunar
> age". If I did it right then it would be correct for my first child.
> What do you all think?
>
> Thanks,
> karen

alissa
September 2nd 03, 02:48 AM
I found chinagold to be correct for me and a friend but I can't see how, I
think its a fluke, but fun I'm waiting to see if its right for my two
pregnant friends, and me when and if I get pregnant again
Alissa
dd 16mths
TTC....
"ang" > wrote in message
le.rogers.com...

> "Karen P" > wrote in message
> > Are they accurate? I know people who swear by them, and say they are
> > virtually 100% accurate in predicting the gender of their baby. I
> > looked at it for fun, but get confused when it has me figuring "lunar
> > age". If I did it right then it would be correct for my first child.
> > What do you all think?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > karen
>
> I did it for my son, and according to the charts he should have been a
girl
> :-)

Karen Askey
September 2nd 03, 05:23 AM
Not unless my two boys are really girls (as the charts predicted both times).

koa
Still nursing James, 02/06/01
EP'ing for Joey 04/02/03 (BCP)

Elly
September 2nd 03, 07:38 AM
It predicted a boy for me, so we will see after the birth ;-)
It also predicted a boy for my friend and so far the ultrasound said it is a
boy she is having...

Elly
35 weeks + 1 day - 33 days to go!
EDD October 6th

"Karen P" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> Are they accurate? I know people who swear by them, and say they are
> virtually 100% accurate in predicting the gender of their baby. I
> looked at it for fun, but get confused when it has me figuring "lunar
> age". If I did it right then it would be correct for my first child.
> What do you all think?
>
> Thanks,
> karen

September 2nd 03, 05:46 PM
Where do you get the Chart??
Mark

"Karen P" > wrote in message
> Are they accurate? I know people who swear by them, and say they are
> virtually 100% accurate in predicting the gender of their baby. I
> looked at it for fun, but get confused when it has me figuring "lunar
> age". If I did it right then it would be correct for my first child.
> What do you all think?
>
> Thanks,
> karen

Carol Ann
September 2nd 03, 06:28 PM
:: The one I do is http://www.chinagold.com

If the baby is due on April 4, 2044, what figure do I use for the gestation?

If I use 40 weeks (280 weeks) it says I'm having a boy.
If I use 38 weeks (266 weeks) it says I'm having a girl.

Confused!!

It does say conception was June 29th, which is what I thought it would be...

Carol Ann
www.lowcarblosers.com ~ Home of the Monthly Challenges!
www.bestinatlanta.com ~ Your City Guide to Metro Atlanta!

Dagny
September 2nd 03, 06:35 PM
No, if they did, the Chinese would only have intercourse during boy days,
and would have an even more severe surplus of boys than they do already.

"Karen P" > wrote in message
> Are they accurate? I know people who swear by them, and say they are
> virtually 100% accurate in predicting the gender of their baby. I
> looked at it for fun, but get confused when it has me figuring "lunar
> age". If I did it right then it would be correct for my first child.
> What do you all think?
>
> Thanks,
> karen

Carol Ann
September 2nd 03, 09:49 PM
::: If the baby is due on April 4, 2044, what figure do I use for the
::: gestation?
:::
::: If I use 40 weeks (280 weeks) it says I'm having a boy.
::: If I use 38 weeks (266 weeks) it says I'm having a girl.
:::
::: Confused!!
::
:: Something's wrong with your numbers. The difference between 40 and
:: 38 weeks is 2 weeks, but the difference between 280 and 266 is 14
:: weeks. The number of weeks gestation should differ only by two
:: weeks between 38 and 40 weeks.

::: If I use 40 weeks (280 days) it says I'm having a boy.
::: If I use 38 weeks (266 days) it says I'm having a girl.

Carol Ann
www.lowcarblosers.com ~ Home of the Monthly Challenges!
www.bestinatlanta.com ~ Your City Guide to Metro Atlanta!

toypup
September 3rd 03, 06:11 AM
"Carol Ann" > wrote in message
link.net...
> ::: If the baby is due on April 4, 2044, what figure do I use for the
> ::: gestation?
> :::
> ::: If I use 40 weeks (280 weeks) it says I'm having a boy.
> ::: If I use 38 weeks (266 weeks) it says I'm having a girl.
> :::
> ::: Confused!!
> ::
> :: Something's wrong with your numbers. The difference between 40 and
> :: 38 weeks is 2 weeks, but the difference between 280 and 266 is 14
> :: weeks. The number of weeks gestation should differ only by two
> :: weeks between 38 and 40 weeks.
>
> ::: If I use 40 weeks (280 days) it says I'm having a boy.
> ::: If I use 38 weeks (266 days) it says I'm having a girl.

Ah, yes, I didn't even think in days. ;) Are we both mommy-brained?

bimbette
September 3rd 03, 06:34 AM
Didnt work for me.

bimbette

"toypup" > wrote in message

> "Carol Ann" > wrote in message
> link.net...
> > ::: If the baby is due on April 4, 2044, what figure do I use for the
> > ::: gestation?
> > :::
> > ::: If I use 40 weeks (280 weeks) it says I'm having a boy.
> > ::: If I use 38 weeks (266 weeks) it says I'm having a girl.
> > :::
> > ::: Confused!!
> > ::
> > :: Something's wrong with your numbers. The difference between 40 and
> > :: 38 weeks is 2 weeks, but the difference between 280 and 266 is 14
> > :: weeks. The number of weeks gestation should differ only by two
> > :: weeks between 38 and 40 weeks.
> >
> > ::: If I use 40 weeks (280 days) it says I'm having a boy.
> > ::: If I use 38 weeks (266 days) it says I'm having a girl.
>
> Ah, yes, I didn't even think in days. ;) Are we both mommy-brained?

Rupert
September 3rd 03, 06:52 PM
Karen P > wrote in message >...
> Are they accurate? I know people who swear by them, and say they are
> virtually 100% accurate in predicting the gender of their baby. I
> looked at it for fun, but get confused when it has me figuring "lunar
> age". If I did it right then it would be correct for my first child.
> What do you all think?
>
> Thanks,
> karen

Amazingly, these gender charts work up to 50% of the time! ;-)

Karen P
September 3rd 03, 07:10 PM
On 3 Sep 2003 10:52:18 -0700, (Rupert) wrote:

>Karen P > wrote in message >...
>> Are they accurate? I know people who swear by them, and say they are
>> virtually 100% accurate in predicting the gender of their baby. I
>> looked at it for fun, but get confused when it has me figuring "lunar
>> age". If I did it right then it would be correct for my first child.
>> What do you all think?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> karen
>
>Amazingly, these gender charts work up to 50% of the time! ;-)

That's my thought too. However, I'm a little freaked out that it is
correct for everyone I know. The only people I know personally who
say it was wrong, weren't entering their "lunar age" which is
different than regular age. Kindof creepy. I hope it's wrong this
time around, though.

Cathy Weeks
September 3rd 03, 11:07 PM
"Plissken" > wrote in message >...

> I don't know how they could be correct. They look at the age of the mother
> and the month of conception. What the heck does the mother have to do with
> gender selection? It is the father who determines the sex. I think it is a
> load of hooey!

The only thing the father does is provide the sperm with the genetic
info that determines the sex. However, there is some evidence that
the mother's body may or may not provide an enviroment that is more
condusive to one sex or the other. Depending on who you believe, male
sperm and female sperm survive better under different PH conditions.

The thing that seems ridiculous is that a chart and a woman's age and
the month she conceived in could be the determining factor. I mean,
all women who are x number of months in the lunar calendar who
conceive in march are going to have boys. Yeah, right.

If it means anything, the calendar *was* correct in determining my
daughter's sex. But, I figure, like all old wives tales, all methods
of determining gender are going to be right 50% of the time.

Cathy Weeks