PDA

View Full Version : Re: October due dates

Dagny
September 1st 03, 07:40 PM
Hi everyone!

We're OK. We're still trying to pick out a name. No complications or
warning signs; high but not excessive weight gain (35 pounds at 34w4d).
Basically just hanging on without too much trouble, somewhat addle-brained,
somewhat sleep-deprived, somewhat uncomfortable, and hoping nothing arises
to prevent a homebirth.

I take about 3 baths a day which helps with the discomforts -- one usually
mid-day when I start to feel scummy; one at the end of the day when I either
have been for a walk or just feel scummy *again*; and one at 5am when I
can't go back to sleep. I think it's going to suck when I'm told not to
take tub-baths for whatever period of time after the baby is born. I do not
think that I will make it more than 2 or 3 weeks! Surely I can close up by
then.

I bought some loose regular fall clothes over the weekend that I thought
would be good while I am shrinking and learning to breast-feed. I love
drawstrings. I am thinking I need to get all the smaller clothes out of my
closet and into storage bins, so that I'll be able to see what I have for
this fall and will be able to coordinate halfway decent outfits. Then
hopefully by next fall I will be able to open then up and enjoy.

Hope all you other Oct-due moms are doing well.

-- Dagny
EDD 10/6/03

"Mary" > wrote in message ...

> How are all the almost-almost-theres? :) Knee-deep in childbirth
> classes? Waking up a zillion times at night, have to pee more often?
> Take some video of those alien-baby-earthquake kicks and tumbles, if you
> can catch them. Any belly hiccups? Those are the best. How's life
> generally treating you these days? Updates, vents, rants, complaints,
> mushy sentimental gushings, we love it all.
>
> Mary S.

Elly
September 2nd 03, 07:56 AM
"Mary" > ha scritto nel messaggio

> How are all the almost-almost-theres? :)

Just fine, thank you for asking :-)

<Knee-deep in childbirth classes?

No, we *graduated* from those ages ago (or so it seems now; we did them when
I was 26+ weeks).

< Waking up a zillion times at night, have to pee more often?

I wake up regularly (it's almost as if I have an alarm clock in my head!) at
1:40 am and then again at 5:30 am to pee, and that's it.

> Take some video of those alien-baby-earthquake kicks and tumbles, if you
> can catch them. Any belly hiccups? Those are the best.

Thanks for the suggestion, we will!
Belly hiccups *are* the greatest, I feel them more often now than before.

< How's life generally treating you these days? Updates, vents, rants,
complaints,
> mushy sentimental gushings, we love it all.

Well, I'm a bit sad because DH started working again after being for a whole
August on a collective holiday; I contemplated staying with him at his
place, but I think I do want to be closer to my ob/gyn (my place) at this
point, and anyway I do have an ob/gyn appointment this Thursday. But still,
being away from him Monday morning to Friday evening feels weird - I got so
used to having him around all the time (I spent 3 weeks at his place before
his holiday)...

Physically I feel fine. I had a bit of an episode of throwing up after
taking prenatal vitamins (it seems now I react to those as well as the iron
supplement (syrup)) so I waited for a week and did the hgb and iron levels
blood test - they turned out fine (it's not like I was anaemic before, my
ob/gyn prescribes those supplements randomly :-( ; so now I'm sticking to
food rich in iron instead of taking the supplement - what good can the
supplement do if I don't keep it down anyway, right?
The baby is still moving a lot, so I'm not doing any official fetal-kick
count, just paying attention to the movements; I'm also doing Kegals and am
about to start doing the perineal massage (still need to read up on that).

I'm in the process of finishing packing my hospital bag(s), and after I
finish that, I will start decorating the nursery. We painted it a couple of
months ago, but now I need to decide where will the furniture go, and start
putting baby clothes & stuff in the drawers. I'm sure that will be fun :-)

We still haven't decided about the name, so I printed out the list of boys'
and girls' names and gave it to DH to do some vetoing over the week - it's
just that I love all those names and instead of eliminating, I just keep
adding to the list! So hopefully by Friday evening we'll have a shorter list
we agreed upon.

My maternity leave starts next Monday. So far I've decided to take 5 or 6
months of maternity leave (I can take maternity leave that consists of first
6 months paid leave + 6 the second 6 months of paid leave (until the baby
turns 1), and then if I decide, I can take unpaid maternity leave until the
child turns 3) and hopefully by then DH will take his paternity leave for
the next 6 months.

That's more than enough about me! How are you doing, Mary?

Elly
35 weeks + 1 day - cca 33 days to go!
EDD October 6th

Kari
September 2nd 03, 03:14 PM
Im kind of an in-between Sept/Oct but since I probably wont be lucky enough
to go early, I'll post under here.

Im feeling huge these last few weeks! I can't believe we're into Sept
already. I do wake up every hour to pee, what fun that is. I can't wait to
sleep in a normal position again without pillows everywhere. Lots of belly
hiccups nearly every day. The kids are excited and ask all the time when the
baby is coming. We still have no names picked :( With school starting
tomorrow, I think this month will go by fast - thankfully.

And Im SO glad summer is over!!!!

Kari
mom to Kaylie (7) Noah (4) and #3 due Oct 1st-ish

"Mary" > wrote in message ...

> How are all the almost-almost-theres? :) Knee-deep in childbirth
> classes? Waking up a zillion times at night, have to pee more often?
> Take some video of those alien-baby-earthquake kicks and tumbles, if you
> can catch them. Any belly hiccups? Those are the best. How's life
> generally treating you these days? Updates, vents, rants, complaints,
> mushy sentimental gushings, we love it all.
>
> Mary S.

Daye
September 5th 03, 06:37 AM
On 4 Sep 2003 11:41:47 -0700, (gaanji) wrote:

>Cats are
>upset that mummy's lap is gone (ever see a feline try to get
>comfortable around a bump that size?!) and if they settle on top of
>the bump, IT MOVES.

You mean, the baby doesn't kick the cat off your belly?

I have a large cat. He weights about 8 kg (about 17 pounds). He
isn't overweight. He just has a big frame, and he is huge. Whenever
he would lay on my tummy with #1, she would kick him until he moved
off her. She didn't like all that weight on her.

--
Daye
Momma to Jayan

gaanji
September 6th 03, 05:53 PM
Actually, yes! When Spud had more room to move around, he WOULD boot
our stubborn little runt (who is quite possessive) off him. It was
pretty funny--no movement elsewhere except right under Clover--"Git
off me--yer hot!" She'd try to lock on, but eventually all that poking
got to her and she'd leave with her usual huffy "Whuf!"

gaanji
Mum to Spud, EDD 10/30

Daye > wrote in message >...
> On 4 Sep 2003 11:41:47 -0700, (gaanji) wrote:
>
> >Cats are
> >upset that mummy's lap is gone (ever see a feline try to get
> >comfortable around a bump that size?!) and if they settle on top of
> >the bump, IT MOVES.
>
> You mean, the baby doesn't kick the cat off your belly?
>
> I have a large cat. He weights about 8 kg (about 17 pounds). He
> isn't overweight. He just has a big frame, and he is huge. Whenever
> he would lay on my tummy with #1, she would kick him until he moved
> off her. She didn't like all that weight on her.

Daye
September 7th 03, 10:39 PM
On 6 Sep 2003 09:53:26 -0700, (gaanji) wrote:

>She'd try to lock on, but eventually all that poking
>got to her and she'd leave with her usual huffy "Whuf!"

Mr Cat, my gorgeous, large beast of a cat, got the message pretty
early on. He would lay in my lap or by the side. He still got lots
of love, but he didn't get kicked.