PDA

View Full Version : How soon after the first baby did you get baby fever again?

JuliesSolo
September 2nd 03, 04:33 AM
I have an eleven week old boy. Once he hit 8 weeks and started sleeping
through the night, I desperately wanted another! Baby fever still hasn't left
yet! He's too easy, though... makes me think since he's so good, number 2 will
be a holy terror!

September 2nd 03, 12:23 PM
I always wanted 3 kids. I just had my surprise 4th 2 weeks ago ( a
very welcome surprise, it must be said) and I can't stop thinking how
lovely it would be to have another. Not sure what my DH would say
though....

"JuliesSolo" > wrote in message
> I have an eleven week old boy. Once he hit 8 weeks and started
sleeping
> through the night, I desperately wanted another! Baby fever still
hasn't left
> yet! He's too easy, though... makes me think since he's so good,
number 2 will
> be a holy terror!

---

Sophie
September 2nd 03, 12:39 PM
"JuliesSolo" > wrote in message
> I have an eleven week old boy. Once he hit 8 weeks and started sleeping
> through the night, I desperately wanted another! Baby fever still hasn't
left
> yet! He's too easy, though... makes me think since he's so good, number 2
will
> be a holy terror!

With #1 when she was 3 months old but we waited till she was 6 months old.
After #2 we knew we wanted bigger gap so we waited till he was 16 months
old (also had to fit it around a deployment). Since we knew we were going
to have that gap I didn't have any fever honestly till maybe he was about 1.
Now (for us) we'll have a huge gap (about 2 and a half yrs - hopefully)
between #3 and #4. I haven't had any fever again but I did feel weird when
he was 16 months old. When #1 was that age we had #2, when #2 was that age
we got pregnant with #3. My husband was away when #3 was 16 months so it
seemed strange to not be doing something baby related.

April
September 2nd 03, 01:14 PM
It took me almost 3 years! We didn't start TTC for another (whom we sadly
lost soon thereafter before taking nine long months to conceive this one)
until Jules was turning 3 yrs old......

--
April
Proud mom of Julianna 11/28/99

"JuliesSolo" > wrote in message
> I have an eleven week old boy. Once he hit 8 weeks and started sleeping
> through the night, I desperately wanted another! Baby fever still hasn't
left
> yet! He's too easy, though... makes me think since he's so good, number 2
will
> be a holy terror!

Ilse Witch
September 2nd 03, 03:22 PM
JuliesSolo wrote:
> I have an eleven week old boy. Once he hit 8 weeks and started sleeping
> through the night, I desperately wanted another! Baby fever still hasn't left
> yet! He's too easy, though... makes me think since he's so good, number 2 will
> be a holy terror!

Baby fever hit me when I was 25 and hasn't left even after the birht of DS.
However, TTC #2 is taking a bit longer than we expected. We'll see....

--
-- I
mommy to DS (13m)

Nikki
September 2nd 03, 05:16 PM
JuliesSolo wrote:
> I have an eleven week old boy. Once he hit 8 weeks and started
> sleeping through the night, I desperately wanted another! Baby fever
> still hasn't left yet! He's too easy, though... makes me think since
> he's so good, number 2 will be a holy terror!

When #1 was about 3 months old I had baby fever bad. I then went back to
work and my friend got pg when both mine and hers was 6 months old. The
thought terrified me then, lol. I got the fever again when #1 was 15 months
old and so did dh this time so we conceived #2 then. #2 is 2.5 now. I
haven't had the fever yet but I do want another one, just not for awhile
yet.

--
Nikki
Mama to Hunter (4) and Luke (2)

Sue
September 2nd 03, 07:32 PM
I didn't get baby fever until my first was around 2 years old. Baby fever
hit me after my second was born and didn't let up until I had my third
having them 18 months apart. Never had baby fever again. :o)
--
Sue
mom to three girls

JuliesSolo > wrote in message
> I have an eleven week old boy. Once he hit 8 weeks and started sleeping
> through the night, I desperately wanted another! Baby fever still hasn't
left
> yet! He's too easy, though... makes me think since he's so good, number 2
will
> be a holy terror!

Stephanie
September 2nd 03, 08:01 PM
(JuliesSolo) wrote in message >...
> I have an eleven week old boy. Once he hit 8 weeks and started sleeping
> through the night, I desperately wanted another! Baby fever still hasn't left
> yet! He's too easy, though... makes me think since he's so good, number 2 will
> be a holy terror!

Oh My God. At eight weeks, I still would not let DH within a city
block of my body. Of course, DS was not sleeping through. Neither was
I. I am pregnant with number 2. DS is 2 yrs and 9 months. And we got
pregnant immediately upon trying. I cannot really say I had baby
fever. We just knew that we did not want an only child, and if we
waited too long I would be old and gray.

This sounds dismal. This may only be because I am 37 weeks and am as
big as a Humvee. I have not slept in a while. This seems terribly
unfair since when they baby is born I will not be able to sleep
either.

What is WITH you Mommy types who seem to do this so well. You make me
fell like an incompetent basket case. (Please understand the LARGE
amount of good natured joking happening here. :)

Stephanie

Taniwha grrrl
September 3rd 03, 12:37 AM
My first was about 9mths when I started wanting a second.
It's a dangerous age, they are so darned cute then, not
walking or talking yet, they still stay (generally)where you
put them, they coo and dribble and laugh at everything. They
sleep well, life becomes vastly easier than the early day's
and you suddenly think another one just like that wouldn't
be so bad.

--
Andrea

If I can't be a good example, then I'll just have to be a
horrible warning.

JuliesSolo
September 3rd 03, 12:55 AM
Stephanie,

Don't feel so bad! I'm just now getting to be a "mommy type". I hated every
second of my pregnancy. I didn't have much discomfort until the very end, at
which point I was miserable, but I simply did not enjoy being pregnant.

I was sick when I delivered, and when they placed baby on my chest, all I could
think was "get this THING off of me!"

Overall, he was always pretty easy, except for the point at right around 4
weeks when he appeared to be developing colic (turned out I needed to put him
on soy), but having to get up a few times in the night to feed him just killed
me. I felt like I was in a daze, and kept asking myself why in the world I had
ever thought I wanted a baby.

Then he started getting a bit better. When I took him for his first round of
immunization shots, it was like a miracle... after getting those shots, he
turned into a dream baby (surely coincidence), and suddenly, taking care of him
all seemed so simple!