PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday....still here.....with one question

Cheryl S.
September 2nd 03, 03:00 PM
"Short" update:

After the two hours of "real"-feeling contractions mid-day yesterday,
they went back to the irregular, short, do-nothing type they had been in
the prior weeks. These have continued, and are continuing even now as
we "speak", but fortunately I was able to sleep through them most of
last night.

Question: (TMI alert)

I've had a slight bloody show for about 20 hours now - no bright red,
and not much at once, but there is almost always a very dark pink color
to the mucous on the toilet paper, and was on the pantiliner I was
wearing yesterday too, which brings me to my question: Is this OK? I
know if I see "bright red bleeding like a period" I am supposed to call
the midwife right away, but this is not like that. How long is it OK
for this to go on?

Longer update:

I talked to my doula briefly in the late afternoon and she suggested
taking a bath and getting to bed early so I'd have lots of rest in case
it really kicked in, in the middle of the night. Well, I took two
Tylenol around 9:00 then started to do that...but...the tub really
needed cleaning first. So I sprayed on the cleaner, then while it was
busy killing mildew I started working on the petition I'd suddenly
remembered I was supposed to write up a form for this weekend. An hour
later, DH comes in and says, "going to sleep?" and I suddenly realize
it's late. And the cleaner is still on the tub, lol. I give the tub a
couple swipes with a scrubby sponge, rinse off the cleaner and go to
bed. I guess the Tylenol was enough though. I slept for five hours,
only waking up twice! At 5:00am I woke up ravenously hungry even though
I've been eating massive quantities of food lately so I went down and
had a snack. Took me 45 minutes to fall asleep after that - had 3 or 4
contractions in that time and they were always just in time to keep me
from falling completely asleep. Instead of the big, wave-like
contractions of my whole uterus that felt "real", these were low,
localized, semi-sharp pains around my cervix, like someone's poking me
hard with a blunt object. That's what I'm still having now. Ugh - I
don't think they're really doing anything at all.
--
Cheryl S.
Mom to Julie, 2 yr., 5 mo.

Cleaning the house while your children are small is like
shoveling the sidewalk while it's still snowing.