PDA

View Full Version : Re: Z's Birth Story!

little one
September 2nd 03, 02:57 PM
yeah!!!! congratulations dena....and i love the name zachary thomas.
glad to see that everything went well in the end!!

melanie

September 2nd 03, 05:19 PM
Congrats! Glad to hear everything turned out ok.
Mark

"mike and dena" > wrote in message
> Zachary Thomas arrived Aug 20 at 2:52pm (sorry, taken me a bit to find
> posting time!) weighing in at 8lbs5oz and 20". After the death of Dh's
> mother, we gave in to the much debated induction Weds am. Arrived at hosp
> 9am (was 3cm), started pitocin9:30. Water broke 10:00. Was managing pain
> ok until this point, but it got pretty intense from here out. Checked and
> found to be 5cm, held out until 12:30 then had epidural. Pain was
> unbareable, could no longer walk or stand in the shower. Was checked again
> after epidural was administered and was at 7cm- yeah! I have had epidurals
> with previous deliveries, but think they overdid it this time. I couldnt
> feel anything at all, not even when I was complete. No push urge, nothing.
> If this was my first delivery, I would have undoubtedly have ended with a
> csection. But since I knew how to push, we made it. Three pushes after
they
> told me to try, and he was here! We had a scary moment however, he didnt
cry
> for al,ost a full minute. Cord was around his neck(every one of my babies
> have had this!), and ha was quite blue. But he came around, after scaring
> the total crap out of me, and has been just wonderful ever since! Nursing
> like a champ, and very lively. He actually lifted his head to look around
> about 3 hours after birth! Sleeping through the night already, eating
about
> 45 mins at a time every 2-3 hours, and dirty diapers at every feed! My 2
> year old had some adjustment issues at first, but is handling baby much
> better the last few days.
> Thank you all so much for the words of support and wisdom these last
several
> months. I will continue to read and lurk, but since the birth stories are
> always my fav, thought I'd better send ours in! Best of luck to all those
> new mommies to be, and congrats to those who've already delivered!
> Dena, mommy to
> Melissa 6-09-94,
> ^Matthew^ 4-23thru4-27-99,
> Hailey 6-11-01, and
> Zachary Thomas 8-20-03

Truffles
September 2nd 03, 05:32 PM
Congratulations, Dena!

Welcome to the world, little Zachary! :-)

--
Brigitte aa #2145
edd #3 February 15, 2004

~ Harriet Martineau

Irish Marie
September 2nd 03, 11:06 PM
"mike and dena" > wrote in message
> Zachary Thomas arrived Aug 20 at 2:52pm (sorry, taken me a bit to find
> posting time!) weighing in at 8lbs5oz and 20".

Congratulations!! Welcome to the world Baby Zachary, you have a lovely name!
Dena, welcome back to the world of sleep deprivation.

--
Marie
Mum of 3

Taniwha grrrl
September 3rd 03, 12:42 AM
"mike and dena" > wrote in message

> Zachary Thomas arrived Aug 20 at 2:52pm (sorry, taken me a
bit to find
> posting time!) weighing in at 8lbs5oz and 20".

Congratulations, welcome earthside baby Zachary!
I have a Zachary Thomas too. He will be 6 tomorrow, and
lives eats and breaths Yu-Gi-oh duel cards, so guess what
he's getting for his birthday ;o)

--
Andrea

If I can't be a good example, then I'll just have to be a
horrible warning.