PDA

View Full Version : early ultrasound question

Karen P
September 2nd 03, 04:55 PM
Hi,

I had an ultrasound at 5 weeks, 5 days, and no heartbeat was seen. Is
it too early, or is something wrong? The tech told me if my dates are
right, then everything is probably okay. but I know people who have
seen a heartbeat before 6 weeks. I am only 2 days away from 6 weeks.

Thanks.

Daye
September 2nd 03, 10:00 PM
On Tue, 02 Sep 2003 15:55:50 GMT, Karen P > wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I had an ultrasound at 5 weeks, 5 days, and no heartbeat was seen. Is
>it too early, or is something wrong?

I think that 5 weeks is too early. I had 2 early u/s. With #1, it
was at 8 weeks. With #2, it was at 7 weeks. I saw the heartbeat with
both.

I think it is too early to worry. Will you be going back for another
one?

--
Daye
Momma to Jayan

Karen P
September 3rd 03, 01:52 PM
On Wed, 03 Sep 2003 07:00:41 +1000, Daye > wrote:

>On Tue, 02 Sep 2003 15:55:50 GMT, Karen P > wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I had an ultrasound at 5 weeks, 5 days, and no heartbeat was seen. Is
>>it too early, or is something wrong?
>
>I think that 5 weeks is too early. I had 2 early u/s. With #1, it
>was at 8 weeks. With #2, it was at 7 weeks. I saw the heartbeat with
>both.
>
>I think it is too early to worry. Will you be going back for another
>one?

I don't know if they will do one next time or not. I certainly will
ask. I was only 2 days away from 6 weeks so I kinda thought it would
be there! Ahh, pregnancy worries!

Karen