PDA

View Full Version : 36 week update

Kari
September 4th 03, 11:31 PM
Time for my little update :)

Not too much to report. I can't believe Im at the once a week check-up stage
though! Baby is growing nicely, estimated weight right now is 6-6.5 lbs so
Im thinking another 8+ pounder for me. I've gained 27 lbs which is more than
I would have liked at this point but ah well, I'll take it off with
breastfeeding right? ;) Heartbeat was 148bpm which is about where it has
been, everything else looked good as well. I guess my GBS came back normal,
I totally forgot to ask but I think she would have mentioned it otherwise. I
was so distracted today with both kids, DH and my mom with us along for the
ride.

I started packing my bag with all the great advice from everyone here and I
think I need a larger bag! I keep thinking of things I might need and adding
them.

I am feeling HUGE but actually I am doing well other than at nighttime. I
can still run around the yard with the kids and tie my shoes without too
much of a problem. I remember with Noah I lost that ability long before now.
I am peeing every 5 minutes it seems and up all night not being able to get
comfy or move around much. Also, my midwife thinks the baby has dropped or
settled in better and I tend to agree because not only am I in the bathroom
a lot but I am feeling a lot of those little electric twinges really low.
Not quite painful but getting uncomfortable.

Still no names picked. I have all but given up that we will ever name this
baby. I thought we had a boy name picked (Gabriel) and that is now on the
so-so list. I thought we had a girl's middle name picked (Grace) and now my
husband likes 2 different first names, neither which go with Grace. It was
never this hard with the other 2, I dont know if its because we dont know if
this is a boy or girl or what is going on but we have 4 weeks to decide. I
have a feeling we wont have a name by the time we leave the birth center.

That's about it for now, hopefully I'll have some exciting labor things
happening within the next few weeks to report. Good luck to all my belly
buddies - it's getting sooo close now!!

Kari
mom to Kaylie (7) Noah (4) and #3 due in 4 weeks!!

Laurie
September 5th 03, 05:52 AM
Kari wrote in message ...
>Still no names picked. I have all but given up that we will ever name this
>baby. I thought we had a boy name picked (Gabriel) and that is now on the
>so-so list. I thought we had a girl's middle name picked (Grace) and now my
>husband likes 2 different first names, neither which go with Grace. It was
>never this hard with the other 2, I dont know if its because we dont know
if
>this is a boy or girl or what is going on but we have 4 weeks to decide. I
>have a feeling we wont have a name by the time we leave the birth center.
>
>That's about it for now, hopefully I'll have some exciting labor things
>happening within the next few weeks to report. Good luck to all my belly
>buddies - it's getting sooo close now!!
>
>Kari
>mom to Kaylie (7) Noah (4) and #3 due in 4 weeks!!

Sounds great Kari, can't believe you're almost there! I can't wait to hear
what name you chose!

laurie
mommy to Jessica, 29 months
and Christopher, 4 months

*This email address is now valid*

Em
September 5th 03, 09:15 PM
"Kari" > wrote in message
> Time for my little update :)
>
> Not too much to report. I can't believe Im at the once a week check-up
stage
> though! Baby is growing nicely, estimated weight right now is 6-6.5 lbs so
> Im thinking another 8+ pounder for me. I've gained 27 lbs which is more
than
> I would have liked at this point but ah well, I'll take it off with
> breastfeeding right? ;) Heartbeat was 148bpm which is about where it has
> been, everything else looked good as well. I guess my GBS came back
normal,
> I totally forgot to ask but I think she would have mentioned it otherwise.
> was so distracted today with both kids, DH and my mom with us along for
the
> ride.
>
> I started packing my bag with all the great advice from everyone here and
> think I need a larger bag! I keep thinking of things I might need and
adding
> them.
<snip>

Sounds like things are going great! Have fun packing the bag--you got so
many suggestions, I can definitely see that you're going to have to be
packing a trunk! Have fun picking names also :-)

--
Em
edd 9/23/03

Cheryl S.
September 10th 03, 10:32 PM
Kari > wrote in message
> I started packing my bag with all the great advice
> from everyone here and I think I need a larger bag!
> I keep thinking of things I might need and adding
> them.

Glad things are going well, and hope it is not too much longer now. I
just had to say that of all the things I listed in your hospital bag
thread, the *only* thing I used, during labor, was my warm fuzzy socks!
But, better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.
;-) Rather than one humongous bag you might find it easier to pack
three separate small labor, post-partum, and baby bags. I had
everything in one bag and it was hard to find the stuff I wanted
afterward.
--
Cheryl S.
Mom to Julie, 2 yr., 5 mo.

Cleaning the house while your children are small is like
shoveling the sidewalk while it's still snowing.