PDA

View Full Version : I went to the dr

*Kristi*
September 5th 03, 02:33 PM
They did a pg test and it came out neg :(!! The dr told me to wait 2 weeks
and test again. I just don't know what to think! Maybe I'm not pg. Yesterday
I would have been 7w1d. I would think that it would show up by now, but the
dr said it was still kind of early. Then she went on to say how
disappointing it is to find out that you aren't pg and that I'm probably
just having a strange cycle and if I don't get AF in 2 weeks to make an appt
and she would put me on Provera.
Now...why did she have to say all that?? She said first that it was really
early, so why let me get all these thoughts in my head!! Now I'm thinking
that I'm not pg and I've been imagining all these weird things with my
body!!
My sister told me to wait a week and test and if it was neg again to call
and insist on a blood test. I think that I am going to do that cuz I just
need to know!!! Everyone else I've talked to said they had pos tests before
they were even at 6w!!!
OK!! Sorry for the long post, I just had to vent!!
--
Kristi
TTC#1

Mary W.
September 5th 03, 02:57 PM
*Kristi* wrote:

> They did a pg test and it came out neg :(!! The dr told me to wait 2 weeks
> and test again. I just don't know what to think! Maybe I'm not pg. Yesterday
> I would have been 7w1d. I would think that it would show up by now, but the
> dr said it was still kind of early. Then she went on to say how
> disappointing it is to find out that you aren't pg and that I'm probably
> just having a strange cycle and if I don't get AF in 2 weeks to make an appt
> and she would put me on Provera.
> Now...why did she have to say all that?? She said first that it was really
> early, so why let me get all these thoughts in my head!! Now I'm thinking
> that I'm not pg and I've been imagining all these weird things with my
> body!!
> My sister told me to wait a week and test and if it was neg again to call
> and insist on a blood test. I think that I am going to do that cuz I just
> need to know!!! Everyone else I've talked to said they had pos tests before
> they were even at 6w!!!
> OK!! Sorry for the long post, I just had to vent!!

This is your first month trying, right? Did you just come off the pill? My
cycles were wacky when I first came off the pill. I bought Taking Charge
of Your Fertility and started monitoring my temps and cervical mucouos.
I had one cycle where I didn't ovulate until day 40, so my period started
on day 54. That's almost 8 weeks from LMP, and if I hadn't been charting
I would have been doing what you are doing. Its likely that you either
had a late ovulation, or maybe an anovulatory cycle, especially if you
just came off the pill. If it is anovulatory, then provera will likely
jump start your cycle. I've taken it once.

Most urine pregnancy tests will detect a pregnancy between 4 and 6 weeks
(assuming ovulation at 2 weeks, so 2-3 weeks post ovulation). Granted
there are some cases where women never test positive on a home pregnancy
test, but those are rare.

I hope this helps, I really understand how frustrating it can be.

Mary

toypup
September 5th 03, 05:01 PM
"*Kristi*" > wrote in message
> They did a pg test and it came out neg :(!! The dr told me to wait 2 weeks
> and test again. I just don't know what to think! Maybe I'm not pg.
Yesterday
> I would have been 7w1d. I would think that it would show up by now, but
the
> dr said it was still kind of early. Then she went on to say how
> disappointing it is to find out that you aren't pg and that I'm probably
> just having a strange cycle and if I don't get AF in 2 weeks to make an
appt
> and she would put me on Provera.
> Now...why did she have to say all that?? She said first that it was really
> early, so why let me get all these thoughts in my head!! Now I'm thinking
> that I'm not pg and I've been imagining all these weird things with my
> body!!
> My sister told me to wait a week and test and if it was neg again to call
> and insist on a blood test. I think that I am going to do that cuz I just
> need to know!!! Everyone else I've talked to said they had pos tests
before
> they were even at 6w!!!
> OK!! Sorry for the long post, I just had to vent!!

I've temped with both of my pregnancies and the way to know I was pregnant
was to temp. If my temp was up for longer than usual, then I was pg no
matter what the tests say. I don't follow this ng closely. Have you been
temping?

Em
September 5th 03, 08:48 PM
"*Kristi*" > wrote in message
> They did a pg test and it came out neg :(!! The dr told me to wait 2 weeks
> and test again. I just don't know what to think! Maybe I'm not pg.
Yesterday
> I would have been 7w1d. I would think that it would show up by now, but
the
> dr said it was still kind of early. Then she went on to say how
> disappointing it is to find out that you aren't pg and that I'm probably
> just having a strange cycle and if I don't get AF in 2 weeks to make an
appt
> and she would put me on Provera.
> Now...why did she have to say all that?? She said first that it was really
> early, so why let me get all these thoughts in my head!! Now I'm thinking
> that I'm not pg and I've been imagining all these weird things with my
> body!!
> My sister told me to wait a week and test and if it was neg again to call
> and insist on a blood test. I think that I am going to do that cuz I just
> need to know!!! Everyone else I've talked to said they had pos tests
before
> they were even at 6w!!!
> OK!! Sorry for the long post, I just had to vent!!

Weird! (and disappointing/frustrating for you I would imagine). I saw that
someone already asked you when you went off the pill, which was going to be
my possible hypothesis, but that explanation doesn't make any sense given
that you have been off of it for a while. I would definitely insist on a
blood test, soon. I'm surprised they didn't give you one already instead of
just another urine test (that you're perfectly capable of doing at home! My
observation is that OBs are usually quick to jump on giving blood tests,
even when the woman herself doesn't find it particularly necessary!

I hope you get real results next week!

--
Em
edd 9/23/03

Coccinella
September 5th 03, 10:10 PM
"*Kristi*" > wrote in message
> They did a pg test and it came out neg :(!! The dr told me to wait 2 weeks
> and test again. I just don't know what to think! Maybe I'm not pg.
Yesterday
> I would have been 7w1d. I would think that it would show up by now, but
the
> dr said it was still kind of early. Then she went on to say how
> disappointing it is to find out that you aren't pg and that I'm probably
> just having a strange cycle and if I don't get AF in 2 weeks to make an
appt
> and she would put me on Provera.
> Now...why did she have to say all that?? She said first that it was really
> early, so why let me get all these thoughts in my head!! Now I'm thinking
> that I'm not pg and I've been imagining all these weird things with my
> body!!
> My sister told me to wait a week and test and if it was neg again to call
> and insist on a blood test. I think that I am going to do that cuz I just
> need to know!!! Everyone else I've talked to said they had pos tests
before
> they were even at 6w!!!
> OK!! Sorry for the long post, I just had to vent!!
> --
> Kristi
> TTC#1

(((Kristi))),
I cannot believe that they did not give you a blood test. You should
definitely ask for one like your sister said.
Sending tons of positive vibes your way.

Nicky