PDA

View Full Version : 38w 4d update

Tiina Kartovaara
September 5th 03, 03:33 PM
Well, today I had one of those boring appointments again. I did get to
to inform my caregiver that my body is finally telling me to slow down a
little, but I'm still getting around just fine and feeling swell in general.

Blood pressure was 124/72 and weight gain seems to have stopped - I
hadn't lost any this time, but stayed at last week's weight exactly. The
NP remarked that I still seem to be quite light & quick on my feet,
which I appreciated!

She agreed with me that the baby seemed to be quite a bit lower this
week, head down and pretty firmly in place. Fundal height was still 35,
like last week. The baby's heartrate was 127 at first, then rose to 136
and finally to 140+ when poked a little. Nothing wrong there either.

So, I still feel like I've entered a final stretch of some sort, but I
have no idea how long it will be. Weeks, possibly! I'm just going to
take it a bit easier but stay active nevertheless. DH has no more
business trips lined up, the friend who's going to take care of DD has
her cell phone on, and I can just relax.

Glorious September days to all of you! And I can't *wait* to hear from
Cheryl S...

Tiina
SAHM to Emilia,4
EDD Sept.15

GoofeeGyrl
September 5th 03, 06:28 PM
<< Well, today I had one of those boring appointments again. I did get to
to inform my caregiver that my body is finally telling me to slow down a
little, but I'm still getting around just fine and feeling swell in general. >>

Tiina
SAHM to Emilia,4
EDD Sept.15 >>

Tiina--Gald to hear that everything is going well for you. Your'e in the home
stretch, enjoy your last days!

Linda
Mommy to Sophie, 2 years
and girl #2, due in 2 days!

Em
September 5th 03, 09:23 PM
"Tiina Kartovaara" > wrote in message
> Well, today I had one of those boring appointments again. I did get to
> to inform my caregiver that my body is finally telling me to slow down a
> little, but I'm still getting around just fine and feeling swell in
general.

Yay, boring!

> Blood pressure was 124/72 and weight gain seems to have stopped - I
> hadn't lost any this time, but stayed at last week's weight exactly. The
> NP remarked that I still seem to be quite light & quick on my feet,
> which I appreciated!
>
> She agreed with me that the baby seemed to be quite a bit lower this
> week, head down and pretty firmly in place. Fundal height was still 35,
> like last week. The baby's heartrate was 127 at first, then rose to 136
> and finally to 140+ when poked a little. Nothing wrong there either.
>
> So, I still feel like I've entered a final stretch of some sort, but I
> have no idea how long it will be. Weeks, possibly! I'm just going to
> take it a bit easier but stay active nevertheless. DH has no more
> business trips lined up, the friend who's going to take care of DD has
> her cell phone on, and I can just relax.

This stage of a kind of "waiting game" does feel kind of odd. Those "any
minute, no wait, maybe a whole nother month..." feelings. My DH & my mom
seem to feel much more convinced that labor is imminent for me than I do
myself--I have a sort of unreal sense that I will just perpetually be
pregnant for the forseeable future. The reality has yet to fully strike I
think! ;-) I keep telling my DH & mom that they are going to end up "watch
pot-ing" me and I will not go into labor any time soon at this rate!

> Glorious September days to all of you! And I can't *wait* to hear from
> Cheryl S...

They are glorious! I'm so happy to see that Cheryl finally posted too--the
anticipation was huge!

Keep up the good (boring) work! I keep expecting you to go MIA shortly and
to then have to be anticipating your big announcement!

--
Em
edd 9/23/03

Linz
September 6th 03, 11:05 AM
On Fri, 05 Sep 2003 14:33:01 GMT, Tiina Kartovaara
> wrote:

>So, I still feel like I've entered a final stretch of some sort, but I
>have no idea how long it will be. Weeks, possibly! I'm just going to
>take it a bit easier but stay active nevertheless. DH has no more
>business trips lined up, the friend who's going to take care of DD has
>her cell phone on, and I can just relax.

This sounds great! It may still be weeks - but only about 4, at the
most, really! Look after yourself.
--
EDD 1/11/03
31 weeks

Daye
September 8th 03, 04:39 AM
On Fri, 05 Sep 2003 14:33:01 GMT, Tiina Kartovaara
> wrote:

>So, I still feel like I've entered a final stretch of some sort, but I
>have no idea how long it will be.

I am glad that everything is going well... you are def. in the home
stretch now!

--
Daye
Momma to Jayan