PDA

View Full Version : Re: Hrmmm....

Irrational Number
September 5th 03, 04:52 PM
slowly wrote:
> Morning sickness in the mind???
>
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3079832.stm
>
> Personally I felt nauseated, not depressed or isolated...

The study must have been done by all men...

I never felt depressed or isolated. I had
so much love and support and we were so happy
about the baby, I wanted to announce it to the
whole world. I didn't have Nausea/Vomiting
due to Pregnancy (NVP) for the first couple
of weeks and even told a friend I may be one
of the lucky ones.

It was most definitely not psychological when
it finally hit. To suddenly have aversions
to chocolate and sweets and crave very spicy
food and to fantasize about (and then eat!)
dinner consisting of guacamole, kim chee, and
lemonade... most definitely not psychological.

To visit my godmother's American Cookies store
with ALL those cookies and the smells and then
to throw up because of that... NOT psychological!

All my coworkers told me I basically spent
every day looking green. Not psychological.

-- Anita --
Mommy to Pillbug, almost 3 months

--
SUCCESS FOUR FLIGHTS THURSDAY MORNING ALL AGAINST
TWENTY ONE MILE WIND STARTED FROM LEVEL WITH ENGINE

Coccinella
September 5th 03, 10:12 PM
"slowly" > wrote in message
> Morning sickness in the mind???
>
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3079832.stm
>
> Personally I felt nauseated, not depressed or isolated...
>
> --
> Rob
> "Carpe Chocolate"

I have clinical depression and I didn't throw up all the time. I just
started when I was pg. And the sickness made me more depressed not the other
way round!

Nicky

A&G&K
September 6th 03, 05:33 AM
> wrote in message
>
> I had morning sickness for 3 months before I realized I was pregnant. By
the time I knew I was
> pregnant the morning sickness was gone..
>
> I'm so tired of female complaints being classified and "all in our heads".

Same thing happened to my SIL .. they discovered her 2nd DD at about 20
weeks after she'd been hospitalised with severe nausea.
.... and it certainly wasn't in my head when I was pg .... it was most
definitely in my stomach!

Amanda