PDA

View Full Version : Celeb birth

Sophie
September 5th 03, 05:13 PM
Actor/rapper/model Mark Wahlberg and Revlon model Rhea Durham had a baby
girl, Ella Rae, on Tuesday. No other details available yet.

Taniwha grrrl
September 6th 03, 05:30 AM
Sophie wrote:
> Actor/rapper/model Mark Wahlberg and Revlon model Rhea
Durham had a
> baby girl, Ella Rae, on Tuesday. No other details
available yet.

Was he once on New Kids on the Block???

--
Andrea

If I can't be a good example, then I'll just have to be a
horrible warning.

lizzard woman
September 6th 03, 06:08 AM
"Taniwha grrrl" > wrote in message
> Sophie wrote:
> > Actor/rapper/model Mark Wahlberg and Revlon model Rhea
> Durham had a
> > baby girl, Ella Rae, on Tuesday. No other details
> available yet.
>
> Was he once on New Kids on the Block???

No. That was his older brother whose name escapes me.

Signed,
ashamed I knew that.

lizzard woman
September 6th 03, 06:13 AM
"lizzard woman" > wrote in message

> "Taniwha grrrl" > wrote in message
> > Sophie wrote:
> > > Actor/rapper/model Mark Wahlberg and Revlon model Rhea
> > Durham had a
> > > baby girl, Ella Rae, on Tuesday. No other details
> > available yet.
> >
> > Was he once on New Kids on the Block???
>
> No. That was his older brother whose name escapes me.
>
> Signed,
> ashamed I knew that.

I think it is Danny.

Signed,
doubly ashamed

Truffles
September 6th 03, 06:24 AM
lizzard woman wrote:

> lizzard woman wrote:
>
>>Taniwha grrrl wrote:

>>>Was he once on New Kids on the Block???
>>
>>No. That was his older brother whose name escapes me.
>>
>>Signed,
>>ashamed I knew that.
>
> I think it is Danny.
>
> Signed,
> doubly ashamed

Donnie Wahlberg was in New Kids on the Block. Mark Wahlberg (brother)
was once known as Marky Mark. He was a rapper/hip hop artist with
backup from "The Funky Bunch". Now Mark is an actor, with his portrayal
of a John Holmes-type porn actor in "Boogie Nights" (directed by Paul
Thomas Anderson) catapulting him to acting respectability.

signed,
Trivia brain

--
Brigitte aa #2145
edd #3 February 15, 2004

~ Harriet Martineau

Sophie
September 6th 03, 12:42 PM
"Plissken" > wrote in message
. ca...
> "Truffles" > wrote in message
>
> > Donnie Wahlberg was in New Kids on the Block. Mark Wahlberg (brother)
> > was once known as Marky Mark. He was a rapper/hip hop artist with
> > backup from "The Funky Bunch". Now Mark is an actor, with his portrayal
> > of a John Holmes-type porn actor in "Boogie Nights" (directed by Paul
> > Thomas Anderson) catapulting him to acting respectability.
>
> Donnie is an actor too! He is on the new TV series Boomtown and was in
> Dreamcatcher, Band of Brothers and The Sixth Sense. I'm not sure how good
he
> is. Boogie Nights was a GREAT movie, then again I like most PTA movies.

Boomtown is a great show and Donnie is great on it.

--
Sophie -
TTC #4

Taniwha grrrl
September 7th 03, 09:26 PM
Sophie wrote:
> Additional sad info - hours after the baby was born Mark's
older
> sister was rushed to hospital and died of a heart attack.
Imagine
> the best and worst thing happening on the same day.

On no how awful :(

--
Andrea

If I can't be a good example, then I'll just have to be a
horrible warning.

Taniwha grrrl
September 7th 03, 09:30 PM
Sophie wrote:

> Boomtown is a great show and Donnie is great on it.

I just can't get into it. It replaced CSI here (which moved
to another day thankfully) and I just couldn't get into it
for some reason, maybe because it is such a different format
of a crime programme. I'll have a go at watching it this
week and see if I like it.

--
Andrea

If I can't be a good example, then I'll just have to be a
horrible warning.

Taniwha grrrl
September 7th 03, 09:31 PM
Truffles wrote:

> Donnie Wahlberg was in New Kids on the Block. Mark
Wahlberg (brother)
> was once known as Marky Mark. He was a rapper/hip hop
artist with
> backup from "The Funky Bunch". Now Mark is an actor, with
his
> portrayal of a John Holmes-type porn actor in "Boogie
Nights"
> (directed by Paul Thomas Anderson) catapulting him to
acting
> respectability.

That's more info than I ever hoped for...lol
You freak ;o)

--
Andrea

If I can't be a good example, then I'll just have to be a
horrible warning.

Plissken
September 7th 03, 09:51 PM
"Taniwha grrrl" > wrote in message
> Sophie wrote:
>

> > Boomtown is a great show and Donnie is great on it.
>
> I just can't get into it. It replaced CSI here (which moved
> to another day thankfully) and I just couldn't get into it
> for some reason, maybe because it is such a different format
> of a crime programme. I'll have a go at watching it this
> week and see if I like it.

I am a total CSI addict! Actually I am an addict of most crime shows (NYPD
Blue, Law and Order)

Truffles
September 7th 03, 10:08 PM
Taniwha grrrl wrote:

> That's more info than I ever hoped for...lol
> You freak ;o)

/hangs head in shame

Yes. I admit it. I am a freak. LOL! :-D

--
Brigitte aa #2145
edd #3 February 15, 2004

~ Harriet Martineau

Sophie
September 8th 03, 04:50 PM
"Taniwha grrrl" > wrote in message
> Sophie wrote:
>

> > Boomtown is a great show and Donnie is great on it.
>
> I just can't get into it. It replaced CSI here (which moved
> to another day thankfully) and I just couldn't get into it
> for some reason, maybe because it is such a different format
> of a crime programme. I'll have a go at watching it this
> week and see if I like it.
>

> --
> Andrea

If it was a choice between CSI and Boomtown, I'd go with CSI. Boomtown is
confusing till you get the hang of how it works (the time thing is weird if
you don't know the show does that). However my new fave is Without a
Trace - very good show IMO.

--
Sophie -
TTC #4

Tatjana Farkin
September 8th 03, 05:10 PM
> However my new fave is Without a
> Trace - very good show IMO.

Just started over here last week - I got really sucked into the first
episode, so I guess I might continue watching it ...

--
Tatjana
PCOS - TTC #1 for 2 years

JennP
September 8th 03, 06:41 PM
"Sophie" > wrote in message

> If it was a choice between CSI and Boomtown, I'd go with CSI. Boomtown is
> confusing till you get the hang of how it works (the time thing is weird
if
> you don't know the show does that). However my new fave is Without a
> Trace - very good show IMO.

I have recently discovered CSI. Being up at the lake with super limited
channels gave me loads of opportunities to catch up on a bunch of episodes.
I love that show. I watch CSI Miami also, but prefer the original.

I've watched Without a Trace a couple of times. I really like the show, but
I was able to predict what happened very early on. I don't know if there
really is supposed to be all that much suspense since I don't usually watch
it, but I was dissapointed that I figured it out. Maybe it was just those
episodes. One of them was with the pregnant battered wife. 10 minutes in I
said to myself, "she's at a battered women's safehouse" I do like the show
though.
--
JennP.

mom to Matthew 10/11/00
remove "no........spam" to reply

Sophie
September 8th 03, 06:54 PM
"JennP" > wrote in message

> "Sophie" > wrote in message
> >
> > If it was a choice between CSI and Boomtown, I'd go with CSI. Boomtown
is
> > confusing till you get the hang of how it works (the time thing is weird
> if
> > you don't know the show does that). However my new fave is Without a
> > Trace - very good show IMO.
>
> I have recently discovered CSI. Being up at the lake with super limited
> channels gave me loads of opportunities to catch up on a bunch of
episodes.
> I love that show. I watch CSI Miami also, but prefer the original.
>
> I've watched Without a Trace a couple of times. I really like the show,
but
> I was able to predict what happened very early on. I don't know if there
> really is supposed to be all that much suspense since I don't usually
watch
> it, but I was dissapointed that I figured it out. Maybe it was just those
> episodes. One of them was with the pregnant battered wife. 10 minutes in I
> said to myself, "she's at a battered women's safehouse" I do like the show
> though.
> --
> JennP.

What I like about Without a Trace is that they don't always have a happy
ending (more realistic). Last week's episode was bad (making Agent Malone
into a bad guy). Hope that stops. I like that it's not about their
personal lives either (except last week also).

CSI Miami is gar-bage! David Caruso just stinks. Sorry.