PDA

View Full Version : Re: Second HCG result

Joanna Kimball
September 5th 03, 07:28 PM
"Truffles" > wrote in message
> There is an hCG Calculator at www.ivfer.com
>
> I'm having connection problems right now otherwise I would have checked
> for you. Maybe their server is down.

I got in--that is a very cool calculator! I like her research as well; very
interesting to see that twins aren't indicated by fast doubling, like I'd
always heard, but by higher absolute numbers to begin with.

Well, I'm just thrilled to have such good numbers--I'm planning on asking
for an early ultrasound (mostly for due date purposes, since I ovulated late
and I don't want anyone calculating by LMP and threatening to induce me) so
I will keep the group updated.

--
Joanna
Meriwether, 6

Joanna Kimball
September 5th 03, 09:50 PM
"Em" > wrote in message
> "Joanna Kimball" <thenospacekimballsatintergatedotcom> wrote in message
> > OK, the results are in:
> >
> > 4w5d: 2400
> > 5w0d (47 hours later): 5600
> >
> > And we have a winner! Actually, this was even higher than I was
> > anticipating--does anyone know if this is still within the range of
normal
> > "doubling"?
>
> That is so *great*, Joanna! I'm very happy for you. When do you think you
> will have the ultrasound? (that you mentioned in another post).

Well, my first midwife appt (at the birth center in Baltimore, for those who
remember that whole thread) is Monday, and I'll request one at that visit.
I'm hoping to actually schedule it somewhere around 7-8 weeks; it'll be late
enough to definitely see the heartbeat but early enough that the dating will
be very accurate.

Thanks for the congrats--this is the first day that I have felt like CRAP
all day, no lessening of the nausea when I eat (which had been working up
till now). It sucks, of course, but it's a good predictor for the pregnancy
and right now I'm sort of treasuring every gaggy feeling. Haven't actually
thrown up yet, but I don't think it'll be very many more days...

--
Joanna
Meriwether, 6

Coccinella
September 5th 03, 10:07 PM
"Joanna Kimball" <thenospacekimballsatintergatedotcom> wrote in message
> OK, the results are in:
>
> 4w5d: 2400
> 5w0d (47 hours later): 5600
>
> And we have a winner! Actually, this was even higher than I was
> anticipating--does anyone know if this is still within the range of normal
> "doubling"?
>

> --
> Joanna
> Meriwether, 6
> Honour, 4
> EDD May 2004

Congratulations Joanna. Wishing you a very uneventful pregnancy :-)

Nicky

Laurie
September 6th 03, 05:22 AM
Joanna Kimball wrote in message >...
>OK, the results are in:
>
>4w5d: 2400
>5w0d (47 hours later): 5600
>
>And we have a winner! Actually, this was even higher than I was
>anticipating--does anyone know if this is still within the range of normal
>"doubling"?

Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

laurie
mommy to Jessica, 29 months
and Christopher, 4 months

*This email address is now valid*

>Joanna
>Meriwether, 6
>Honour, 4
>EDD May 2004

Taniwha grrrl
September 6th 03, 05:30 AM
Joanna Kimball wrote:
> OK, the results are in:
>
> 4w5d: 2400
> 5w0d (47 hours later): 5600
>
> And we have a winner! Actually, this was even higher than
I was
> anticipating--does anyone know if this is still within the
range of
> normal "doubling"?

Yippee, congrats Joanna :-)

Sorry I don't know anything about numbers as I've never had
them done, but it sounds like everything doubling and
bubbling as it should :-)

--
Andrea

If I can't be a good example, then I'll just have to be a
horrible warning.

Victoria F.
September 7th 03, 02:09 AM
"Joanna Kimball" <thenospacekimballsatintergatedotcom> wrote in message
> OK, the results are in:
>
> 4w5d: 2400
> 5w0d (47 hours later): 5600
>
> And we have a winner! Actually, this was even higher than I was
> anticipating--does anyone know if this is still within the range of normal
> "doubling"?

I just popped in to read a thread someone pointed me to, and saw this.
Congratulations, Joanna! I didn't know you were expecting again, and as it
is obviously such good news, and obviously such a lucky baby (to have you
for a mom, of course!) I couldn't pass up the opportunity to offer my
congratulations. :)

--
Victoria
Moderator for the newsgroup misc.kids.family-life

Ronald Reagan, Republican National Convention, 1964"

The Shannons
September 7th 03, 03:57 AM
Yay! Joanna! I was thinking about you today. So glad you got good news.
Cheers!
Grace

Joanna Kimball
September 7th 03, 07:18 AM
"Victoria F." > wrote in message

> "Joanna Kimball" <thenospacekimballsatintergatedotcom> wrote in message
> > OK, the results are in:
> >
> > 4w5d: 2400
> > 5w0d (47 hours later): 5600
> >
> > And we have a winner! Actually, this was even higher than I was
> > anticipating--does anyone know if this is still within the range of
normal
> > "doubling"?
> >

> I just popped in to read a thread someone pointed me to, and saw this.
> Congratulations, Joanna! I didn't know you were expecting again, and as it
> is obviously such good news, and obviously such a lucky baby (to have you
> for a mom, of course!) I couldn't pass up the opportunity to offer my
> congratulations. :)

Hello! Glad to see that you are well :-). Yes, we FINALLY seem to have
gotten #3, after three and a half years of secondary infertility. I never
thought I'd be this happy about being incredibly nauseous.

--
Joanna
Meriwether, 6