PDA

View Full Version : is this begining of miscariage?

September 6th 03, 01:09 AM
my wife is in her 14th week. she has had little bit of spotting when
she was in her 5th week but it turned out to be nothing. then, in the
last couple of days, she started having bleeding again as well as
passing blood clot.

her doctor has examined her and the baby has good heart beat and her
cervix is closed. they did ultra sound today and on first examination
they did not notice anything unusual, babie's growth is what it should
be for 14 weeks. we still haven't heard anything from her doctor
regarding what could be causing the bleeding. it's bit odd, we're just
happy that babie's ok but very worried about her bleeding and what
could be causing it. btw, since the start of her bleeding 2 days ago,
she's still having spotting but the bleeding has subsided and is
nothing like it was at begining.

Coccinella
September 6th 03, 02:24 AM
I had some heavy bleeding last week (I was in my 10th week). I went to the
ER and it turned out that the baby is fine but the doc during the u/s found
a big blood clot near to where the placenta attached to the uterus. The
doctor put me on bed rest and gave me some progesterone to help the lining
in the uterus. I am just spotting heavily now but the situation has got much
better.
I hope this can help.

Nicky

Sandy R
September 6th 03, 02:38 AM
It could be ALOT of different things...I thought I was loosing my son
about the same time frame (I was 13 wks 3 days) with my last
pregnancy...I went to the ER thinking I was hemoraging (sp) they did
ultrasound and everything was fine, my doc at the time said maybe it was
old blood maybe it was were the placenta was attaching....But I
delivered a healthy 8 lb 12 oz boy last July 15th (2002)
I found out I was pregnant this time and it was quite a shock and then
all of a sudden I started bleeding again this time I did not panic and
go to the ER I called and talked with my nurse practioner and she had me
come in she checked my cervix everything was fine I had my ultrasound
scheduled for the following week and it was fine as well...She did tell
me since I have Pregnancy Induced Hypertension it could be the cause of
the bleeding...I am over the half way mark now and starting to feel a
little movement. So I hope after you read this it will ease some of your
worry...BTW I was also told then once a heartbeat is detected (in the
normal range) chances of miscarriage reduce drmatically.

Hope this helps!

Sandy
Mom to
Keith age 12, Kyle age 5, Ryan age 3, Andrew age 1 and "Peanut" EDD
1-13-04

~Have a Great Day!~

http://community.webtv.net/Dra223/OURHOUSEWIVES

http://community.webtv.net/Dra223/FAMILY

September 6th 03, 05:00 AM
Sounds like my pregnancy.. I think as long as there is no cramping she is ok.. I had a big bleed at
8 weeks, lots and lots of blood and a few clots but my baby is fine now at 14 weeks. If they see a
heart beat then the chance of miscarriage is only 5% I've read.

thought everything was going well until 5 Sep 2003 17:09:31 -0700, when
had this to say about foul mouthed granny Linda Channell misc.kids.pregnancy
:

>my wife is in her 14th week. she has had little bit of spotting when
>she was in her 5th week but it turned out to be nothing. then, in the
>last couple of days, she started having bleeding again as well as
>passing blood clot.
>
>her doctor has examined her and the baby has good heart beat and her
>cervix is closed. they did ultra sound today and on first examination
>they did not notice anything unusual, babie's growth is what it should
>be for 14 weeks. we still haven't heard anything from her doctor
>regarding what could be causing the bleeding. it's bit odd, we're just
>happy that babie's ok but very worried about her bleeding and what
>could be causing it. btw, since the start of her bleeding 2 days ago,
>she's still having spotting but the bleeding has subsided and is
>nothing like it was at begining.

Maiden
September 8th 03, 02:25 AM
An effective hemostatic is to take one to two TB of black cherry
concentrate in 8 oz. pure water first thing in morning on empty
stomach.

Take this for a minimum of two weeks straight.

Also avoid irritants such as citrus, acid, chocolate, caffeine,
alcohol, nuts, excessive sugar.

Healing foods are eggs (not overdone), olive oil, coconut oil,
cabbage, broccoli, greens, barley, buckwheat, molasses, stevia...

BTW, worst of all is metal toxicity, such as from dental fillings as
you probably know already. I just had my 17 amalgams removed by a
mercury-free dentist who used all precautions including rubber dam.
Still have the depressing prospect of chelation ahead of me.