PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice--a little long

GoofeeGyrl
September 7th 03, 06:15 AM
In a nutshell: I posted earlier today about feeling crampy, making frequent
trips to the bathroom for #2, and feeling a bit nauteous last evening until
this morning, and wondering how much longer I might expect to feel this way
before real labor kicks in. I am still feeling this way, but also in the last
few hours I have had some bloody show. At my appt yesterday, I was 4cm
dialated and 50% effaced.

My question is...I know there is nothing definite, but what is a general rule
for the longest amount of time that will pass from now, based on my situation
as described, before it is likely that true labor will start?

My concern is that my mom drove up this morning (about 2.5 hours away) to be in
the area in the case that I would go into labor in the next day or so. She
will be the one who watches Sophie while I am at the hospital. Whereas I know
she will stay up here (she is staying at her aunt's house as we don't have too
much extra room, about 15 minutes away) as long as I want her to, I would feel
bad if she would just be waiting around here for a week.

I think I am thinking about this too much, just feeling a little nervous. I
feel like a first time momma on this one, as with Sophie my water broke before
any contractions or bloody show so I knew it was all starting, but I am just a
little confused.

Please help :)

Linda
Mommy to Sophie, 2 years
and girl #2, due tommorrow!

GoofeeGyrl
September 7th 03, 05:54 PM
<< But there's not a damn thing
you can do about this (short of intervening to hurry things
up, which isn't where you want to go), so you just have to
sit back and wait. If I had to bet money, I'd say you were
likely to go sooner rather than later given the bloody show,
but there's just no telling for sure..

Good luck,
Ericka

Thanks, Ericka. I know you are right, that there is no way of telling, but I
just feel bad for my mom. Although, she has cleared her schedule so I guess
there really is nothing I can do about it.

Thanks again

Linda
Mommy to Sophie, 2 years
and girl #2, due today!

Cheryl S.
September 7th 03, 09:57 PM
GoofeeGyrl > wrote in message
> In a nutshell: I posted earlier today about feeling crampy,
> making frequent trips to the bathroom for #2, and feeling
> a bit nauteous last evening until this morning, and
> wondering how much longer I might expect to feel
> this way before real labor kicks in. I am still feeling
> this way, but also in the last few hours I have had some
> bloody show. At my appt yesterday, I was 4cm
> dialated and 50% effaced.

You sound just like me, 6 days ago!! :-) It is so totally confusing.
My doula said she's had lots of second-time moms that this happened to
so don't feel alone. I don't think there's any general rule how much
longer until labor starts. I first saw bloody show mid-afternoon last
Monday, and the start of the contractions that actually got Jaden out
started at 1:00 am on Wednesday, so about 36 hours later. They were
very different than what I'd felt prior. Good luck! Sounds like you
are getting very close.
--
Cheryl S.
Mom to Julie, 2 yr., 5 mo.

Cleaning the house while your children are small is like
shoveling the sidewalk while it's still snowing.

Ericka Kammerer
September 8th 03, 04:04 PM
GoofeeGyrl wrote:

> Thanks, Ericka. I know you are right, that there is no way of telling, but I
> just feel bad for my mom. Although, she has cleared her schedule so I guess
> there really is nothing I can do about it.

Nope, there isn't. I felt bad about causing all the
inconvenience too, but I decided I just had to get over it.
I know my mom (and the others whose schedules I screwed up ;-)
didn't begrudge me the time and knew I wasn't doing it on
purpose ;-)

Best wishes,
Ericka

Em
September 9th 03, 02:31 PM
"GoofeeGyrl" > wrote in message
> In a nutshell: I posted earlier today about feeling crampy, making
frequent
> trips to the bathroom for #2, and feeling a bit nauteous last evening
until
> this morning, and wondering how much longer I might expect to feel this
way
> before real labor kicks in. I am still feeling this way, but also in the
last
> few hours I have had some bloody show. At my appt yesterday, I was 4cm
> dialated and 50% effaced.
<snip>

I haven't seen anything from you in a while Linda. I hope that means you had
the baby! (I'm sorry, but I didn't have any input about your previous
question, which is why I didn't respond earlier). Hope everything is going
well!

--
Em
edd 9/23/03