PDA

View Full Version : Too much movement?

CandyC
September 8th 03, 02:56 PM
My first was a boy and he was very quiet in the womb, but my second (due in
December) is very active. Waking me up at night. Actually causing pain
with pokes and jabs like he/she will break through!! Sometimes it seems
like too much, what worries me is that sometimes it feels like the baby is
having spasms that last for about 2-3 seconds. Is this normal? has anybody
experienced this?

Anne Rogers
September 8th 03, 03:15 PM
> My first was a boy and he was very quiet in the womb, but my second (due in
> December) is very active. Waking me up at night. Actually causing pain
> with pokes and jabs like he/she will break through!! Sometimes it seems
> like too much, what worries me is that sometimes it feels like the baby is
> having spasms that last for about 2-3 seconds. Is this normal? has anybody
> experienced this?

sounds just like my baby was inside, he's just as wriggly outside, I
wonder if his activity has contributed to slow weight gain, he didn't grow
well in the last few weeks of pregnancy and at 14 weeks has put on just
under 4 pounds since birth.

-----------
Anne Rogers

Linz
September 8th 03, 04:27 PM
"CandyC" > wrote in message
. net...
> My first was a boy and he was very quiet in the womb, but my second
> (due in December) is very active. Waking me up at night. Actually
> causing pain with pokes and jabs like he/she will break through!!
> Sometimes it seems like too much, what worries me is that sometimes
> it feels like the baby is having spasms that last for about 2-3
> seconds. Is this normal? has anybody experienced this?

I hope it's normal. My Bug is currently winding wool to the right and
skidding its heels along my ribs on the left, while bouncing its head up and
down in my pelvis. Bloke has got used to me gasping and wincing as I get
booted somewhere and boggles at the way my belly protrudes and bounces at
times.

jjmoreta
September 8th 03, 06:16 PM
CandyC wrote:
> My first was a boy and he was very quiet in the womb, but my second
> (due in December) is very active. Waking me up at night. Actually
> causing pain with pokes and jabs like he/she will break through!!
> Sometimes it seems like too much, what worries me is that sometimes
> it feels like the baby is having spasms that last for about 2-3
> seconds. Is this normal? has anybody experienced this?

Mine has always been active. The "spasmic" movements didn't really start
until about 25 weeks or so. I wondered if they were hiccups since I haven't
felt anything else similar.

Early on, it liked tap dancing on my bladder and cervix, but it enjoys
kicking high much more, where its more visible (less belly fat). My ribs
are in terror as the baby inches closer (only an inch or so to go). My mom
is slightly evil and has told me a lot of the joys of having the air kicked
out of you via the diaphragm. LOL

The last week or so, I've been getting less kicks/punches and more stabbing,
as a little foot or elbow or something will push up as far as it can and
scrape across my belly. 8) I also swear that sometimes its stretching out
as far as it can, as my bladder will suddenly be squished down to nothing
and I'll have a little foot sticking out of my tummy. LOL I think the
little one is running out of room and won't be able to run away from the
doppler this week, which it has done EVERY appointment.

One thing about the spasms though is that I was prescribed Zoloft for some
problems with depression I was having. I have always responded to
antidepressants very quickly. The Zoloft made me cranky (per hubby) and
jittery. I stopped it after only 2 weeks though because the movement went
down by almost half and EVERY movement was spasmic instead of kicky/jabby.
Scared me half to death. My doctor will probably be ticked at me because I
didn't even call her, but as soon as I went off the med, I was back to
normal.

- Joanne
#1 - 30w6d

SMK
September 8th 03, 07:36 PM
CandyC wrote:

>My first was a boy and he was very quiet in the womb, but my second (due in
>December) is very active. Waking me up at night. Actually causing pain
>with pokes and jabs like he/she will break through!! Sometimes it seems
>like too much, what worries me is that sometimes it feels like the baby is
>having spasms that last for about 2-3 seconds. Is this normal? has anybody
>experienced this?

My first was very active inside the uterus too. Sometimes her stretching
and kicking would hurt the ribs. Sometime though, she would hiccup. I
could clearly feel the hiccups and the doc confirmed that that was
possible! I think it is pretty normal.

--
Vidya
mom to Vandu(4)

Irrational Number
September 9th 03, 06:29 PM
CandyC wrote:
> My first was a boy and he was very quiet in the womb, but my second (due in
> December) is very active. Waking me up at night. Actually causing pain
> with pokes and jabs like he/she will break through!! Sometimes it seems
> like too much, what worries me is that sometimes it feels like the baby is
> having spasms that last for about 2-3 seconds. Is this normal? has anybody
> experienced this?

Pillbug had almost constant movements, so much
that I almost got tired of them. (Of course,
as soon as they stopped for 5 minutes, I started
panicking.) He'd kick my ribs, stretch his knees
so you could see a bump, lift his head so you
could see another bump, tickle me with his fingers.
One night, I guess I'd slept with my tummy to my
husband's back, he woke up complaining that the
baby kicked him all night! ;)

And, Pillbug had hiccups EVERY night. We even
videotaped it by putting a stuffed animal on
my stomach and watching it move, like a crude
seismometer! His hiccups were that reliable.

-- Anita --
--
SUCCESS FOUR FLIGHTS THURSDAY MORNING ALL AGAINST
TWENTY ONE MILE WIND STARTED FROM LEVEL WITH ENGINE