PDA

View Full Version : Not looking like it's going to be this week.....

Karen
September 8th 03, 05:00 PM
I saw my midwife for my appt this morning. Little dude is fine and so am
I. I'm 2-3/50% (didn't get into station but his head is well applied to
my cervix) which isn't enough to justify inducing me this week. I'm
booked for induction next Wednesday though (41w-41w5d) (I'm going to see
about moving it to Tuesday-I have a busy Saturday and would like to be
home for more than a day or two before then) we are going to keep in
touch over the next week and if things start moving along then we may
have a baby before next week but I'm not terribly optimistic about it.
He seems to be a Momma's boy and is happy just were he is:-) She
guesstimates him to be in the mid 7's which is what I think too. If he
bakes another full week then he just might top 8 lbs which would be a
family (my family not dh's)record. He isn't a pee-wee anymore but
certainly isn't a linebacker either.
Dh and friends are being very supportive and my spirits are up and good.
Once I accepted the fact that he IS going to bake longer than my last
two
I was fine. I'm living my life without constantly watching the calendar
and waiting for THE twinges. My mother isn't a happy camper as I'm not
really fitting into her schedule well. She is under a lot of stress
right now and I understand that but yeesh would me ending up in the
hospital for 4 days recovering from a C-section due to a failed
induction be more convenient?? :-p

karen

JennP
September 8th 03, 06:42 PM
"Karen" > wrote in message
> I saw my midwife for my appt this morning. Little dude is fine and so am
> I. I'm 2-3/50% (didn't get into station but his head is well applied to
> my cervix) which isn't enough to justify inducing me this week. I'm
> booked for induction next Wednesday though (41w-41w5d)

Hope things progress before the induction but I'm glad you are feeling well.
Good luck.
--
JennP.

mom to Matthew 10/11/00
remove "no........spam" to reply

Nina
September 8th 03, 07:59 PM
"Karen" > wrote
> I was fine. I'm living my life without constantly watching the calendar
> and waiting for THE twinges. My mother isn't a happy camper as I'm not
> really fitting into her schedule well. She is under a lot of stress
> right now and I understand that but yeesh would me ending up in the
> hospital for 4 days recovering from a C-section due to a failed
> induction be more convenient?? :-p

My mother isnt coming out to Colorado from Georgia till the baby is here.
Both of my other kids were 2 weeks late and because my family came early,
they used up all their vacation time waiting for the baby to come, and had
none left once they got here. Of course that leaves me with no one to help
when I go into labor. *sigh*
Why can't babies just adhere to a schedule!

Daye
September 9th 03, 01:29 AM
On Mon, 08 Sep 2003 16:00:23 GMT, Karen > wrote:

> My mother isn't a happy camper as I'm not
>really fitting into her schedule well.

I am glad that things are going well.

If this was my mother, I would remind her that the baby's appearance
is in its own time, and baby doesn't care about her schedule.

--
Daye
Momma to Jayan

Karen
September 9th 03, 03:24 AM
Daye wrote:

> On Mon, 08 Sep 2003 16:00:23 GMT, Karen > wrote:
>
> > My mother isn't a happy camper as I'm not
> >really fitting into her schedule well.
>
> I am glad that things are going well.
>
> If this was my mother, I would remind her that the baby's appearance
> is in its own time, and baby doesn't care about her schedule.

I talked to her tonight and she was better, away from work, thinking a
little more clearly.
She was 45w1d when she had her first, I think she just needed to
remember that for a minute.

K-

Linz
September 9th 03, 01:45 PM
"Karen" > wrote in message

> I talked to her tonight and she was better, away from work, thinking
> a little more clearly.
> She was 45w1d when she had her first, I think she just needed to
> remember that for a minute.

45wks! That's one for Circe's (is it Circe's?) poll!

Daye
September 9th 03, 11:32 PM
On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 02:24:09 GMT, Karen > wrote:

>I talked to her tonight and she was better, away from work, thinking a
>little more clearly.

I am glad that she is being more reasonable!