PDA

View Full Version : pains in early pregnancy question

JNJ
September 10th 03, 03:39 PM
Ok, I've read that some mild cramping is normal in early pregnancy due to
the uterus growing and changing position. I've also read that if the pain
is on one side it could be and ectopic pregnancy. I have some mild cramping
and it is mostly on one side. The pain comes and goes, and sometimes its a
little stronger. Do I need to be worried of an ectopic pregnancy? Did any
of you have pain more on one side than the other? I guess I'm just paranoid
but its my first pregnancy and I don't know what to expect. How long do
these pains last? I just want everything to go smoothly. I seem to be
worried about everything. Thanks to all of you putting up with all of my
questions!

Julie

JNJ
September 10th 03, 04:03 PM
Ok now I a little better! Thanks Laurie! :-)

Julie
Laurie > wrote in message
et...

> JNJ wrote in message ...
> >Ok, I've read that some mild cramping is normal in early pregnancy due to
> >the uterus growing and changing position. I've also read that if the
pain
> >is on one side it could be and ectopic pregnancy. I have some mild
> cramping
> >and it is mostly on one side. The pain comes and goes, and sometimes its
> >little stronger. Do I need to be worried of an ectopic pregnancy? Did
any
> >of you have pain more on one side than the other? I guess I'm just
> paranoid
> >but its my first pregnancy and I don't know what to expect. How long do
> >these pains last? I just want everything to go smoothly. I seem to be
> >worried about everything. Thanks to all of you putting up with all of my
> >questions!
> >
> >Julie
> >

> i frequently had more cramping on one side than on the other, and worried
> just like you did. All was fine. :)
>
> laurie
> mommy to Jessica, 29 months
> and Christopher, 4 months
>
> *This email address is now valid*

JNJ
September 11th 03, 03:33 AM
Thanks Everyone! Its much appreciated!

Julie

JNJ > wrote in message
> Ok, I've read that some mild cramping is normal in early pregnancy due to
> the uterus growing and changing position. I've also read that if the pain
> is on one side it could be and ectopic pregnancy. I have some mild
cramping
> and it is mostly on one side. The pain comes and goes, and sometimes its
> little stronger. Do I need to be worried of an ectopic pregnancy? Did
any
> of you have pain more on one side than the other? I guess I'm just
paranoid
> but its my first pregnancy and I don't know what to expect. How long do
> these pains last? I just want everything to go smoothly. I seem to be
> worried about everything. Thanks to all of you putting up with all of my
> questions!
>
> Julie

Laurie
September 11th 03, 03:52 AM
JNJ wrote in message ...
>Ok, I've read that some mild cramping is normal in early pregnancy due to
>the uterus growing and changing position. I've also read that if the pain
>is on one side it could be and ectopic pregnancy. I have some mild
cramping
>and it is mostly on one side. The pain comes and goes, and sometimes its a
>little stronger. Do I need to be worried of an ectopic pregnancy? Did any
>of you have pain more on one side than the other? I guess I'm just
paranoid
>but its my first pregnancy and I don't know what to expect. How long do
>these pains last? I just want everything to go smoothly. I seem to be
>worried about everything. Thanks to all of you putting up with all of my
>questions!
>
>Julie

i frequently had more cramping on one side than on the other, and worried
just like you did. All was fine. :)

laurie
mommy to Jessica, 29 months
and Christopher, 4 months

*This email address is now valid*

Shelly
September 11th 03, 01:21 PM
"JNJ" > wrote in message
> Ok, I've read that some mild cramping is normal in early pregnancy due to
> the uterus growing and changing position. I've also read that if the pain
> is on one side it could be and ectopic pregnancy. I have some mild
cramping
> and it is mostly on one side. The pain comes and goes, and sometimes its
> little stronger. Do I need to be worried of an ectopic pregnancy? Did
any
> of you have pain more on one side than the other? I guess I'm just
paranoid
> but its my first pregnancy and I don't know what to expect. How long do
> these pains last? I just want everything to go smoothly. I seem to be
> worried about everything. Thanks to all of you putting up with all of my
> questions!
>
> Julie

Hi Julie,

I had pain on one side between about five and seven weeks...had it checked
out, and it was perfectly normal. I'd second calling your doctor to mention
it if you are worried though; I was very relieved to have mine tell me
nothing was wrong.

--
Michelle
critter edd 3/14/04

Ilse Witch
September 11th 03, 02:54 PM
JNJ wrote:
> Ok, I've read that some mild cramping is normal in early pregnancy due to
> the uterus growing and changing position. I've also read that if the pain
> is on one side it could be and ectopic pregnancy. I have some mild cramping
> and it is mostly on one side. The pain comes and goes, and sometimes its a
> little stronger.

Sounds exactly like what I'm feeling right now. I have the benefit
of having been through this once before, and it is a perfectly normal
side effect of a growing uterus. Also, last time it was more on my
right side (where I have an appendectomy scar), this time I have more
cramping on the left side, where I also felt my ovulatory pain this
cycle. AFAIK, if you have an ectopic pg, the pain is really unbearable,
whereas the early ligament pains feel more like (in my case minor)
menstrual cramps that are off to the side. As long as it comes and goes
and doesn't stay, don't worry.

--
-- I
mommy to DS (14m)