to work well.

Thanks,
Robin
#1 EDD early December 2003

juniper
September 11th 03, 08:06 PM
Usenet Fan wrote:
> We did a trek to Babies R Us to check out baby stuff, and I'm hoping
> for some feedback to help me make a decision.
>
> We checked out the stroller travel systems and decided that it's way
> too bulky, heavy and cumbersome for me to handle. I'm petite and have
> a smallish car trunk. They didn't fold up well and were difficult for
> me to lift.
>
> So it's going to definitely be an infant seat plus a Baby Trend Snap N
> Go, or a Kolcraft Universal. The two products seem to be very
> similar, with differences maybe in the basket size?
>
> Between the two, does anyone have a recommendation or a warning either
> way? I'll be using the stroller for shopping trips, walks around the
> neighborhood and local excursions, I anticipate that we'll be using
> the stroller quite a bit and want to be sure what we choose is going
> to work well.
>
> Thanks,
> Robin
> #1 EDD early December 2003

Both Baby Bargains and Consumer Reports rated the Kolcraft one higher.
I bought it and love it -- it's really light, easy to open and close,
and simple to use. I couldn't find it at Babies R Us -- I ended up
getting it on Walmarts website, which was the cheapest ($50 including
shipping). We've used it for shopping trips, neighborhood strolls, etc.
Oh, and the stroller can be maneuvered with one hand -- handy when
you're holding the baby in one arm because she's fussy but still needing
to push the stroller. :-)

Of course, you'll need another stroller for when your baby grows out of
the infant car seat -- I bought a Peg Perego Aria through eBay. Haven't
used it, as Z is still using the Kolcraft.

HTH

Jennifer from Delaware

calliaz
September 11th 03, 08:36 PM
Usenet Fan wrote:

> Between the two, does anyone have a recommendation or a warning either
> way? I'll be using the stroller for shopping trips, walks around the
> neighborhood and local excursions, I anticipate that we'll be using
> the stroller quite a bit and want to be sure what we choose is going
> to work well.

I bought the snap 'n go and it was fine. However, after
seeing the Kolcraft one, that is what I should have bought.
The basket on the snap 'n go was hard to get to. The
Kolcraft looks much more accessible.

Jennifer in AZ

HollyLewis
September 11th 03, 10:18 PM

>So it's going to definitely be an infant seat plus a Baby Trend Snap N
>Go, or a Kolcraft Universal. The two products seem to be very
>similar, with differences maybe in the basket size?
>
>Between the two, does anyone have a recommendation or a warning either
>way?

I'd go with the Kolcraft, which tends to get better reviews from just about
everywhere. But the Snap-n-Go. may be easier to find used (since the Kolcraft
is newer), and if you want to save some money that way, it too will work just
fine. That's what we used -- the Kolcraft didn't exist yet when I bought the
Snap-n-Go -- and we were pleased with it. The basket itself is plenty large,
but it can be difficult to get stuff in and out of it. I gather than the
Kolcraft's basket *access* opening is larger.

Holly
Mom to Camden, 2.5 yrs

Jen in South Florida
September 12th 03, 02:54 AM
HollyLewis wrote:
>>So it's going to definitely be an infant seat plus a Baby Trend Snap N
>>Go, or a Kolcraft Universal. The two products seem to be very
>>similar, with differences maybe in the basket size?
>>

> I'd go with the Kolcraft, which tends to get better reviews from just about
> everywhere. But the Snap-n-Go. may be easier to find used (since the Kolcraft
> is newer),

Does anyone know if the Kolcraft comes in a double?

Jen
edd 12/20/03 - twin boys!

JuliesSolo
September 12th 03, 06:58 AM
There are I think 2 versions of the Snap-n-Go, one doesn't have a parent drink
tray. I have the newer one that has one. LOVE IT! The basket is easy to
access, the stroller can be maneuvered with one hand, folded and lifted with
one hand too! It actually looks nearly identical to the Kolcraft. I think
you'll be happy either way you go. I have the Graco infant carrier that
matches the Quatro Tour stroller, and am happy with how compatible they are.
That carrier does have a canopy, so the fact that the snap-n-go does not is
never an issue.

>Subject: Stroller Indecision
>From: (Usenet Fan)
>Date: 9/11/2003 11:45 AM Pacific Daylight Time
>
>We did a trek to Babies R Us to check out baby stuff, and I'm hoping
>for some feedback to help me make a decision.
>
>We checked out the stroller travel systems and decided that it's way
>too bulky, heavy and cumbersome for me to handle. I'm petite and have
>a smallish car trunk. They didn't fold up well and were difficult for
>me to lift.
>
>So it's going to definitely be an infant seat plus a Baby Trend Snap N
>Go, or a Kolcraft Universal. The two products seem to be very
>similar, with differences maybe in the basket size?
>
>Between the two, does anyone have a recommendation or a warning either
>way? I'll be using the stroller for shopping trips, walks around the
>neighborhood and local excursions, I anticipate that we'll be using
>the stroller quite a bit and want to be sure what we choose is going
>to work well.
>
>Thanks,
>Robin
>#1 EDD early December 2003

Usenet Fan
September 12th 03, 07:19 AM
Jen in South Florida > wrote:

> Does anyone know if the Kolcraft comes in a double?
>
> Jen
> edd 12/20/03 - twin boys!

Hey Jen,

Kolcraft and Baby Trend didn't have a double model on their websites,
but I did see one at a shopping site while checking things online.
See the following link for Strollers4less.com There is a Snap N Go
for two called the Double Swan.

http://tinyurl.com/n3fl

Good luck!

Robin