PDA

View Full Version : lab test

JNJ
September 11th 03, 11:11 AM
Well I was just wanting to keep everyone up to date. I went to the lab and
had my blood work done today. I guess I'll have to call my doctor in a few
days to get the results. Even though my home test was positive, I'm still
nervous about how this test will come out.

Wow! They took 7 vials of blood! 3 big ones and 4 little ones. I was fine
though, having blood drawn doesn't bother me. When I called my Hubby at
work and told him, he started not feeling well and got dizzy...LOL!!! He's
really sensitive! The lab workers said if I was going to have a baby, the
doc would want a lot more blood. For what??? Oh well, like I said just
wanted to keep everyone up to date.

julie

Sophie
September 12th 03, 05:57 PM
"JNJ" > wrote in message
> Well I was just wanting to keep everyone up to date. I went to the lab
and
> had my blood work done today. I guess I'll have to call my doctor in a
few
> days to get the results. Even though my home test was positive, I'm still
> nervous about how this test will come out.
>
> Wow! They took 7 vials of blood! 3 big ones and 4 little ones. I was
fine
> though, having blood drawn doesn't bother me. When I called my Hubby at
> work and told him, he started not feeling well and got dizzy...LOL!!!
He's
> really sensitive! The lab workers said if I was going to have a baby, the
> doc would want a lot more blood. For what??? Oh well, like I said just
> wanted to keep everyone up to date.
>
> julie

Sounds to me like your Dr trusted the home test, skipped the blood pregnancy
test, and moved onto taking blood for all the various tests you get in the
beginning of your pregnancy .

Congrats :)

--
Sophie -
TTC #4

Em
September 14th 03, 12:15 AM
"JNJ" > wrote in message
> Well I was just wanting to keep everyone up to date. I went to the lab
and
> had my blood work done today. I guess I'll have to call my doctor in a
few
> days to get the results. Even though my home test was positive, I'm still
> nervous about how this test will come out.
>
> Wow! They took 7 vials of blood! 3 big ones and 4 little ones. I was
fine
> though, having blood drawn doesn't bother me. When I called my Hubby at
> work and told him, he started not feeling well and got dizzy...LOL!!!
He's
> really sensitive! The lab workers said if I was going to have a baby, the
> doc would want a lot more blood. For what??? Oh well, like I said just
> wanted to keep everyone up to date.

Wow! That sounds like a lot of blood! (I am someone who gets very bothered
by getting blood drawn and has to lie down on the "wimp" bed before I can
steel my nerves enough to allow it). I had one vial taken for each of two
HCG tests early in my pregnancy. Then, after ultrasound confirmed that the
pregnancy was viable, they took three more vials to use for the various
blood tests (rubella, RH factor, etc). If there hadn't been need for the two
hcg tests (I had spotting early on and was very nervous about m/c) though,
they would only have taken the three vials as "routine."

Hope everything continues to go well!

--
Em
edd 9/23/03