PDA

View Full Version : Re: hot flashes?

Ilse Witch
September 12th 03, 02:51 PM
John Taylor wrote:
> My wife is feeling sick and dizzy and she said she feels "hot flashes" inside
> her stomach. She has a gland behind her ear swollen to the size of an m&m.
> She's 35 so its to soon for menapause right?

If her mother and sisters or other female relatives have a late
menopause, she is likely to have a late one too. OTOH, if they
went through it around 40, she could be at risk.

However, what you describe does not sound like menopausal hot
flashes, but more like a stomach bug. I've experienced hot
flashes from a thyroid disorder, and you don't feel it in
the stomach, but all over the body. It's like walking from
a cold and comfortable room into a hot and very humid one,
you instantly break out in a sweat all over.

The swollen gland behind her ear is most likely a lymph-node,
which is a sign of an infection. I'd suggest she go see a
doctor and have it checked.

--
-- I
mommy to DS (14m)

annafine
September 13th 03, 05:17 AM
Michelle, Dina, Cora,

Good luck with those EDD 10/1 babies!!!!

I'm with you in feeling the hot flashes and they drive me absolutely
bananas at times.

I'm 32 years young and 34 weeks 6 days pregnant with DD #1. I hope
the hot flashes are pregnancy related and not menopause related
because my DH and I would like to have another child 2-5 years from
now. We've been married only a year and 2.5 months...that's why we're
starting at what some people might consider a "late" age for me to
begin having children. DH is 41...we were married on his 40th
birthday.

Anna
EDD October 18, 2003