PDA

View Full Version : Highly Effective

nicky
May 14th 06, 07:45 PM
We started spanking our 12 and 14 year old daughters six months ago
after deep discussion and thought.

It has proved a highly effective form of discipline, which has
generated positive behaviour improvements in both girls.

Yes it has worked well and we will continue to use this form of
punishment as it is required, hopefully producing a pair of well
balanced girls as appears to be the acse now.

0:->
May 15th 06, 01:48 AM
nicky wrote:
> We started spanking our 12 and 14 year old daughters six months ago
> after deep discussion and thought.

That's an interesting time to start spanking. What method of discipline
were you using prior to beginning spanking that presumably did not work?

> It has proved a highly effective form of discipline, which has
> generated positive behaviour improvements in both girls.

What were your goals for behavior?

> Yes it has worked well and we will continue to use this form of
> punishment as it is required, hopefully producing a pair of well
> balanced girls as appears to be the acse now.

Would you be willing to stay in touch and keep us up on how things are
going?

I was reading a recent discussion group by fundamentalist Christians,
mostly mothers, that had taken up the Pearls method of Training Up a
Child, and some reported that the joy had gone out of their home and
that the were giving up the practice.

I wonder if you've found a better way and would like to discuss it further.

I am a proponent of non-spanking (and for that matter, non-punitive)
methods of child rearing so I am very curious when hear someone
reporting success with spanking.

And at the late age of your children, even more curious.

Thanks, Kane

nicky
May 15th 06, 06:48 PM
We had tried positive reinforcement, sanctions etc, to no avail. Our
method was fairly simple we confronted our daughters and stated the
situation, and what we intended.

That they would be warned and if the behavior was repeated they would
be spanked.

In six months our elder daughter has been spanked once and the younger
twice. The behaviours resulting in punishment have not been repeated.
Better manner, politeness and consideration have been the results, as
well as improvement in school grades.

0:->
May 15th 06, 07:40 PM
nicky wrote:
> We had tried positive reinforcement, sanctions etc, to no avail.

Sanctions? Etc.?

> Our
> method was fairly simple we confronted our daughters and stated the
> situation, and what we intended.
>
> That they would be warned and if the behavior was repeated they would
> be spanked.
>
> In six months our elder daughter has been spanked once and the younger
> twice. The behaviours resulting in punishment have not been repeated.
> Better manner, politeness and consideration have been the results, as
> well as improvement in school grades.

Why did you wait so many years to start this?

What are "better manners, politeness, and consideration," specifically?

How were they doing in school before?

Kane

May 17th 06, 06:27 AM
there have been some parents for whom non-spanking interventions
stopped working when their daughters reached their
teens..................other parents have found it useful to spank
during the primary and early elementary school
years.................they drop it somewhere in late elementary school
or middle school and then start paddling a few years
later...............these parents claim the reintroduction serves as a
deterrent that does not have to used very often to be thoroughly
effective in stopping unwanted behaviors.......................

nicky wrote about spanking 12 and 14 year old daughters............