PDA

View Full Version : Head dimples (probably related to forceps)

May 15th 06, 04:08 PM
I'm an hypochondriac but otherwise normal and healthy :) 24 years old
male which through all my childhood and adult life noticed a slight
dimple or depression on the left lobe of my head. I never really
bothered or knew what it was about but I suspect it might be down to
the use of forceps during delivery.

I've never experienced any symptoms and developed absolutely normally,
nevertheless my mind keeps asking whether it may actually lead to any
problems brain wise?

Probably if that was the case it would happen in the very first days of
my life rather than after 24 years. I'm a person addicted to scientific
knowledge in all possible fields, yet I need someone more entitled to
comfort me about this issue, either by sharing these same dimples on
his/her own head or having medical education.

Thanks a lot.

Jamie Clark
May 15th 06, 05:20 PM
wrote:
> I'm an hypochondriac but otherwise normal and healthy :) 24 years old
> male which through all my childhood and adult life noticed a slight
> dimple or depression on the left lobe of my head. I never really
> bothered or knew what it was about but I suspect it might be down to
> the use of forceps during delivery.
>
> I've never experienced any symptoms and developed absolutely normally,
> nevertheless my mind keeps asking whether it may actually lead to any
> problems brain wise?
>
> Probably if that was the case it would happen in the very first days
> of my life rather than after 24 years. I'm a person addicted to
> scientific knowledge in all possible fields, yet I need someone more
> entitled to comfort me about this issue, either by sharing these same
> dimples on his/her own head or having medical education.
>
> Thanks a lot.

If there were going to be any issue or complications relating to the
dimples, you would have seen them already. Perhaps the hypochondria is a
symptom? : )

Seriously, your brain has adapted to it's environment, and the minor
variations in the shape of your skull as compared to other people isn't
going to change things now.
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Check out the family! -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
Password: Guest Become a member for free - go to Add Member to set up
your own User ID and Password

May 15th 06, 06:01 PM
Thanks a lot Jamie.

Adaptation truly shows how wonderful nature is, probably the best route
for survival.