PDA

View Full Version : unusual pain

taylormadeinjaxfl
May 16th 06, 09:22 PM
Have gotten in to see a Doctor, she showed no worry of my meds, did some
blood work, and urine tests the usual. I got an ultrasound baby looks
good, I'm about 14 to 16 wks. What worries me is that she wanted to check
me for pre-eclampsia(I beleive that's how it's spelled) and she never did,
and she forgot about my blood work, my mother had to go chase her nurse
down to get it. Anyways, I'm feeling some pain and heavyness, in my
vaginal area. (Don't remember feeling this before except when I was in
labor w/my first daughter.) No cramping just a dull aching pain. I know
it's way to early for all that, was hoping for advice.
Thanks,
Lisa

Andrea Phillips
May 16th 06, 10:02 PM
I've had something similar this time around, and don't remember it at
all from my first. Like your uterus just kind of feels *sore* all the
time? At any rate, it's worth mentioning to your doctor; they say if
you really think something is wrong it's worth checking out just to
ease your mind.

On the other hand, it sounds like your doctor isn't winning any prizes
for thoroughness or organization. If there's any way you can switch to
somebody else, maybe you should give it a good, hard think! =|

--Andrea

Ericka Kammerer
May 16th 06, 11:28 PM
taylormadeinjaxfl wrote:
> Have gotten in to see a Doctor, she showed no worry of my meds, did some
> blood work, and urine tests the usual. I got an ultrasound baby looks
> good, I'm about 14 to 16 wks. What worries me is that she wanted to check
> me for pre-eclampsia(I beleive that's how it's spelled) and she never did,

Are you sure? Did she take your blood pressure and
check your urine? If so, then she checked for pre-eclampsia.
That's what you do to check for it. If those things came
back normal, you're fine. If you had elevated blood pressure
or protein in your urine, then further testing might be
warranted (depending on the levels).

> and she forgot about my blood work, my mother had to go chase her nurse
> down to get it. Anyways, I'm feeling some pain and heavyness, in my
> vaginal area. (Don't remember feeling this before except when I was in
> labor w/my first daughter.) No cramping just a dull aching pain. I know
> it's way to early for all that, was hoping for advice.

I think that's not terribly uncommon.

Best wishes,
Ericka

taylormadeinjaxfl
May 20th 06, 03:28 PM
My Dr. said she wanted to send me home w/something to measure and test my
urine, at home. But yes, she did take my urine and my blood pressure.
Either way she messed up, and a program I'm goin through called "Momcare"
caught on, they are sending me to another Dr. in the same group of Dr.s.
So hopefully God willing I will get a more attentive Doc.
Thank Everyone,
Lisa
Aiyana 09/11/98
Gracie 02/27/02