PDA

View Full Version : Baby monitor question

Laurie
September 13th 03, 03:14 PM
Does anyone know if I buy 2 of the same baby monitor, if I put the base
units in 2 different rooms, can I hear both rooms through one receiver? I
need to get a 2nd monitor and don't really love the one I have, but if I
could use just one receiver, I'll just get the same one.

Thanks,

laurie
mommy to Jessica, 29 months
and Christopher, 4.5 months

*This email address is now valid*

Amy O
September 13th 03, 08:23 PM
Hi.

Yes, if the frequency is the same you will hear both monitors.
Keep in mind that those with hand-held (radio) scanners can
hear those too ... we have a scanner that picks up those freqs.
It makes me uncomfortable to think that someone could just be sitting a
block away just listening in ... always keep that in mind. I'm not
saying I'm against baby monitors, by any means, I just wanted to
tell you to be careful ... use it, knowing exactly, what it's capable =
of.
=20
FYI - I read here regularly but normally shy away from posting to =
groups.
I am pregnant with my third child - about 13 wks, now.
(My other two children are in Jr High.)

Amy O
(remove the cat >'v'< from my email address to reply to me in person)

>"Laurie"=20
> wrote in message:
> Does anyone know if I buy 2 of the same baby monitor, if I put the =
base
> units in 2 different rooms, can I hear both rooms through one =
receiver? I
> need to get a 2nd monitor and don't really love the one I have, but if =
> could use just one receiver, I'll just get the same one.
> Thanks,
> laurie
> mommy to Jessica, 29 months
> and Christopher, 4.5 months
> *This email address is now valid*

toypup
September 13th 03, 10:01 PM
"Amy O 'v'" > wrote in message
Hi.

Yes, if the frequency is the same you will hear both monitors.
Keep in mind that those with hand-held (radio) scanners can
hear those too ... we have a scanner that picks up those freqs.
It makes me uncomfortable to think that someone could just be sitting a
block away just listening in ... always keep that in mind. I'm not
saying I'm against baby monitors, by any means, I just wanted to
tell you to be careful ... use it, knowing exactly, what it's capable of.

FYI - I read here regularly but normally shy away from posting to groups.
I am pregnant with my third child - about 13 wks, now.
(My other two children are in Jr High.)

DS's room is so quiet that it would be really boring for anyone to want to
ever listen to it.

toypup
September 13th 03, 10:03 PM
"Laurie" > wrote in message
> Does anyone know if I buy 2 of the same baby monitor, if I put the base
> units in 2 different rooms, can I hear both rooms through one receiver? I
> need to get a 2nd monitor and don't really love the one I have, but if I
> could use just one receiver, I'll just get the same one.

Just use the same frequency. Our monitor picks up our neighbor's baby, so
we have to switch frequencies. I used to tell DH about the phantom baby,
but he wouldn't believe me. When SIL sat with DS once, she had the receiver
on but the base was off. She kept hearing a baby cry but when she went to
check, DS was fast asleep. It wasn't until we got home that she realized it
was someone else's baby.

Elly
September 15th 03, 12:17 PM
"Amy O 'v'" > ha scritto nel messaggio

>FYI - I read here regularly but normally shy away from posting to groups.
>I am pregnant with my third child - about 13 wks, now.
>(My other two children are in Jr High.)

>Amy O

Hi Amy, welcome out of lurkdom, and congratulations on your pregnancy :-))
I'm Elly, today 37 weeks pregnant with our first child.

Elly
EDD October 6th