PDA

View Full Version : Re: A stroller question for experienced parents: how many needed?

Phoebe & Allyson
September 13th 03, 08:54 PM
Erin wrote:

> How many strollers do you own?

Zero. Haven't seen a need for one yet (DD is 3.5 months),
and will put off a purchase until I do see a need.

Phoebe :)

Clisby
September 13th 03, 09:14 PM
Erin wrote:
> I have a question for all those newsgroup readers out there who are already
> parents: How many strollers do you own?
>
> DH and I are trying to decide which of the 500 varieties available is right
> for baby #1, and we're kind of clueless as to how to pick. We read about one
> called the Bugaboo Frog that won all sorts of design awards for its
> versatility, but it costs a lot. But then my brother told me that he ended
> up buying 3 strollers for his first son, and when the second baby came
> along, they sprang for a fourth. 3-4 strollers can add up to a lot of
> money, too, which makes me wonder if springing for one expensive stroller
> that can be used from newborn through age 3 is the better way to go.
>
> Does anyone actually have the bugaboo, or something similar? Any advice
> would be appreciated!
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Erin, edd 10/26/03

I'm not sure why you'd want more than one at any given time. I have 2
children, and we had:

Child #1:

1 infant-type stroller (the kind that reclines for a baby or lets an
older child sit up. I have no idea what type it was - it was a gift.

I don't think we used this after our daughter was about 8 months old.
At that point, I bought an umbrella stroller, which she loved. She
didn't use a stroller much past age 2.

Child #2:

1 infant-type stroller - another gift. We used this until he was
almost 1, and then bought:

1 jogging stroller. My husband likes to take our 19-month-old along on
his morning walk, which can be anything from 2-5 miles. He highly
recommends the jogging stroller.

I've never paid more than $15 for a stroller, so I'm no help in prices.

Clisby

Nina
September 13th 03, 10:33 PM
I had one stroller I used when my son was born, it was a Graco and had a
hood/boot thing so it could be made into a carriage. I used that for 2
years, then got a Graco front-back double stroller when my daughter was born
and used that one another 3 years.I carry my babies, so have no intention of
getting one of those car seat/stroller type thingies. When mine were small
enough for one of those, I preferred the carriage type thing or a Snugli.

"Erin" > wrote in message
nk.net...
> I have a question for all those newsgroup readers out there who are
already
> parents: How many strollers do you own?
>
> DH and I are trying to decide which of the 500 varieties available is
right
> for baby #1, and we're kind of clueless as to how to pick. We read about
one
> called the Bugaboo Frog that won all sorts of design awards for its
> versatility, but it costs a lot. But then my brother told me that he
ended
> up buying 3 strollers for his first son, and when the second baby came
> along, they sprang for a fourth. 3-4 strollers can add up to a lot of
> money, too, which makes me wonder if springing for one expensive stroller
> that can be used from newborn through age 3 is the better way to go.
>
> Does anyone actually have the bugaboo, or something similar? Any advice
> would be appreciated!
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Erin, edd 10/26/03

Hope
September 14th 03, 09:01 AM
On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 19:51:33 GMT, "Erin" >
wrote:

>I have a question for all those newsgroup readers out there who are already
>parents: How many strollers do you own?
>
>DH and I are trying to decide which of the 500 varieties available is right
>for baby #1, and we're kind of clueless as to how to pick. We read about one
>called the Bugaboo Frog that won all sorts of design awards for its
>versatility, but it costs a lot. But then my brother told me that he ended
>up buying 3 strollers for his first son, and when the second baby came
>along, they sprang for a fourth. 3-4 strollers can add up to a lot of
>money, too, which makes me wonder if springing for one expensive stroller
>that can be used from newborn through age 3 is the better way to go.
>
>Does anyone actually have the bugaboo, or something similar? Any advice
>would be appreciated!
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Erin, edd 10/26/03

I have a sling, and a cheapo umbrella stroller. A friend lent me a
nicer (bigger heavier) stroller/pram that we use on long walks in
urban areas, now that my baby is old enough to enjoy the stroller
experience. She wouldn't have a bar of *any* stroller til she was 6-7
months old :-).

Hope

--
Riley 1993 c/s
Tara 2002 HBAC

Cheryl
September 14th 03, 11:13 AM
wrote:

>I have a question for all those newsgroup readers out there who are already
>parents: How many strollers do you own?
>
>DH and I are trying to decide which of the 500 varieties available is right
>for baby #1, and we're kind of clueless as to how to pick. We read about one
>called the Bugaboo Frog that won all sorts of design awards for its
>versatility, but it costs a lot. But then my brother told me that he ended
>up buying 3 strollers for his first son, and when the second baby came
>along, they sprang for a fourth. 3-4 strollers can add up to a lot of
>money, too, which makes me wonder if springing for one expensive stroller
>that can be used from newborn through age 3 is the better way to go.

I bought an expensive stroller that goes from newborn to age 3. At
that time I had no idea that a 14 kg (approx 30lb) stroller was a
really, really bad idea. We still have that stroller, a front/back
tandem, a light umbrella stroller and another very light stroller that
goes newborn to age 3. The tandem was used for about 12 months tops,
the light umbrella stroller is too low for me to use without bending,
the heavy stroller I got a lot of use out of because it is so sturdy
that I could put more than one child in it, but I predominantly use
the light 0-3 stroller because it's a) light and b) easier to fold up
and stick in the car.

It's important to work out exactly what you are going to mostly use it
for. A heavy stroller is fine if you are going to be doing most of
your stroller walking in shopping malls etc, but if you are going to
be walking up and down hills or travelling on public transport a light
one is a much better idea. And if you are planning on more than one
child then looking at additional features like toddler seats and those
buggy boards for a toddler to sit/stand on are a good idea too.

The best advice I can give you is to go to a store and have a try at
both folding up and unfolding the stroller, and then lift it to the
average height of your car boot. If you can't do it easily, keep
looking.

--
Cheryl
Mum to DS#1 (11 Mar 99), DS#2 (4 Oct 00)

AGreen1209
September 14th 03, 01:32 PM
>I have a question for all those newsgroup readers out there who are already
>parents: How many strollers do you own?

We have two kids, DS is almost 4 and DD is 15 months. We have three strollers,
the big Graco that was part of a travel system we bought when DS was born, a
small umbrella stroller, and a Graco double stroller that we use only
occasionally.

Of all of them, the Graco that came with the travel system is the one we use
most. It's big enough for either kid, it has big nubby all-terrain tires so it
works well on bumpy sidewalks, going over curbs, etc, and there is a lot of
storage space underneath the seat. It also has a nice canopy to protect from
sunlight.

The double stroller is nice, but it is a bit cumbersome to move around, is hard
to manuever in stores, and doesn't have the big tires. It is a Graco DuoGlide.

You need to take into consideration how often you'll be using a stroller, and
for what. We use it mostly for trips to the mall or the zoo, hence the need
for comfort, manueverability, and lots of storage for bags.

Amanda

Mary W.
September 14th 03, 02:01 PM
> >I have a question for all those newsgroup readers out there who are already
> >parents: How many strollers do you own?

We own 3. The big travel system that we used for the first year. Liked it
well enough. Loved the idea of snapping the carseat into it. Next time
we'll probably get a snap n go or kolcraft (?) for that. The stroller of the
travel system is really big and bulky.

At a year we bought a Graco Citylite stroller and *love* it. Its light weight,
really smooth moving, reclines a bit. The basket is kind of small, is my only
complaint (Oh and its only a 3 point harness).

We also have a cheap umbrelle stroller and hate it. The handles are too
short, there is no basket and DD looks really scrunched up in it. Never
use it.

Wish we had bought the snap n go and the Citylite. Those would have
been great. Oh and we used the Baby bjorn alot when DD was little
and the backpack alot since.

Mary

April
September 14th 03, 04:45 PM
I have a Graco system, all in one. Has the infant car seat that snaps into
the enormous all terrain buggy itself......love it. Once the baby outgrows
the car seat you sit them in the regular seat part and face forward (the
other way they face you )........very cool system. Used it alot.

--
April
Proud mom of Julianna 11/28/99

"Erin" > wrote in message
nk.net...
> I have a question for all those newsgroup readers out there who are
already
> parents: How many strollers do you own?
>
> DH and I are trying to decide which of the 500 varieties available is
right
> for baby #1, and we're kind of clueless as to how to pick. We read about
one
> called the Bugaboo Frog that won all sorts of design awards for its
> versatility, but it costs a lot. But then my brother told me that he
ended
> up buying 3 strollers for his first son, and when the second baby came
> along, they sprang for a fourth. 3-4 strollers can add up to a lot of
> money, too, which makes me wonder if springing for one expensive stroller
> that can be used from newborn through age 3 is the better way to go.
>
> Does anyone actually have the bugaboo, or something similar? Any advice
> would be appreciated!
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Erin, edd 10/26/03

..

Sophie
September 14th 03, 05:50 PM
"Erin" > wrote in message
nk.net...
> I have a question for all those newsgroup readers out there who are
already
> parents: How many strollers do you own?
>
> DH and I are trying to decide which of the 500 varieties available is
right
> for baby #1, and we're kind of clueless as to how to pick. We read about
one
> called the Bugaboo Frog that won all sorts of design awards for its
> versatility, but it costs a lot. But then my brother told me that he
ended
> up buying 3 strollers for his first son, and when the second baby came
> along, they sprang for a fourth. 3-4 strollers can add up to a lot of
> money, too, which makes me wonder if springing for one expensive stroller
> that can be used from newborn through age 3 is the better way to go.
>
> Does anyone actually have the bugaboo, or something similar? Any advice
> would be appreciated!
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Erin, edd 10/26/03

I have 3 children and I have a Graco stroller (plain one, not a travel
system), and 2 jog strollers (a 3 wheeled one and a 4 wheeled one). At my
mom's I have an old McClaren and a Graco Duo.

With Child #1 we were in Cuba so we were limited with the selection and we
got that 4 wheeled jog one. If I were to only have 1 child where I am now,
I would only have a carseat and a Baby Bjorn. I can't see when I'd ever use
a stroller.

As for expensive strollers, try eBay. My friend bought a brand new McClaren
for half price on eBay. She gave me her old one (10 yrs old) and it was
still in great condition.

--
Sophie -
TTC #4

Catheleijne Berck
September 14th 03, 08:40 PM
Erin > wrote:

> I have a question for all those newsgroup readers out there who are already
> parents: How many strollers do you own?
>
> DH and I are trying to decide which of the 500 varieties available is right
> for baby #1, and we're kind of clueless as to how to pick. We read about one
> called the Bugaboo Frog that won all sorts of design awards for its
> versatility, but it costs a lot. But then my brother told me that he ended
> up buying 3 strollers for his first son, and when the second baby came
> along, they sprang for a fourth. 3-4 strollers can add up to a lot of
> money, too, which makes me wonder if springing for one expensive stroller
> that can be used from newborn through age 3 is the better way to go.
>
> Does anyone actually have the bugaboo, or something similar? Any advice
> would be appreciated!
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Erin, edd 10/26/03

I have the bugaboo - it's a Dutch product and I didn't know they sell
them outside the Netherlands.
DD is 10 weeks old today so I have only used the bassinet. I like it
alot, it's easy to fold down, fits in the trunk easily and is very easy
to push because of the swivelling front wheels.
It is pricey though, the accessories are very expensive too...

Cath
Mom to Fenna, born 07/05/03

Ericka Kammerer
September 14th 03, 10:53 PM
Erin wrote:

> I have a question for all those newsgroup readers out there who are already
> parents: How many strollers do you own?
>
> DH and I are trying to decide which of the 500 varieties available is right
> for baby #1, and we're kind of clueless as to how to pick. We read about one
> called the Bugaboo Frog that won all sorts of design awards for its
> versatility, but it costs a lot. But then my brother told me that he ended
> up buying 3 strollers for his first son, and when the second baby came
> along, they sprang for a fourth. 3-4 strollers can add up to a lot of
> money, too, which makes me wonder if springing for one expensive stroller
> that can be used from newborn through age 3 is the better way to go.
>
> Does anyone actually have the bugaboo, or something similar? Any advice
> would be appreciated!

The trick about strollers is not about finding some
theoretically optimum set of features. It's about knowing
*your* lifestyle and how *you'll* use a stroller. The
reason people tend to accumulate strollers is that they
get something they *think* will meet their needs, and
then they turn out to need something entirely different ;-)
Or maybe they chose well for the moment, but then at some
point in the future their needs change and that causes
them to need a different kind of stroller.
For us, the first stroller we got was an Emmaljunga
Viking. It was definitely on the pricey side, but we love
it (and are using it for child #3 right now, and it looks
brand new). I love that it has a bassinet attachment so
that little babies can lie flat. That has been such a
blessing all three times. When we go out to dinner,
Genevieve just falls right asleep in comfort next to us
in her nice, big bassinet where she can stretch out instead
of being all scrunched up. When they get older, we swap
out the bassinet for the regular seat, and that too worked
well. The boys were big for their ages, and they wouldn't
have fit well in many other strollers at an age where they
were still happy to ride in a stroller. I love the huge
basket and the suspension. We can do *major* league shopping
in comfort with this thing--or go tooling around the
neighborhood with everybody's stuff, etc.
On the other hand, I'm sure lots of other people
wouldn't have liked this stroller at all. It's huge. It
doesn't fold up very small (wouldn't fit in many trunks).
It's heavy. But it works for us because it fits our
lifestyle well.
We did acquire some other strollers along the way.
When baby #2 arrived, we got a sit-n-stand because at
that time #1 didn't use a stroller much, but needed a
break from walking now and again. I didn't want to get
a double stroller and have to drive something that big
*all* the time, so the sit-n-stand was a nice compromise
and worked reasonably well. A bit further down the line,
when #1 stopped using the stroller, we went back to using
the Emmaljunga. We also had an umbrella stroller when they
were older that we kept around for times when quarters
were likely to be very close.

Anyway, the Bugaboo Frog looks like a nice stroller.

You just need to think realistically about what you're
likely to do with it. Are you going off road? Will you
be doing a lot of shopping (if so, a big basket is good)?
Will you be out a lot and want a nice place for baby to
sleep? Do you need a lot of maneuverability? Does it
need to fold down really small to fit in your car? Do
you need/want to be able to fold and unfold it easily
one-handed? How many kids do you plan on having, and
how close together?
Once you have an idea what will suit you, you'll
have the best chance at getting something that will work
well for you. Of course, you might find that things
aren't what you expect, and then maybe you get something
different ;-) You can always wait a little bit until
after the baby arrives to get a stroller. You can get
by with a sling or one of those infant carseats for a
little while and see what parenting is like and then
get a stroller once you figure out whether your plans
of going jogging every day with the baby are likely to
materialize ;-)

Best wishes,
Ericka

Di
September 15th 03, 03:51 AM
wrote:

>I have a question for all those newsgroup readers out there who are already
>parents: How many strollers do you own?

One but we didn't buy it until DD was 10 months old, we used slings
(those I have 3 of :)) until then. Even now (at 17 months) we tend to
use the sling more than the stroller.

Di

Akuvikate
September 15th 03, 04:10 AM
"Erin" > wrote in message t>...
> I have a question for all those newsgroup readers out there who are already
> parents: How many strollers do you own?

One, though the Bug is only 3 months. It's a Zooper Z-Street, which
is not as widely available as some brands but we're quite happy with
it so far. It's light, can take the car seat, has a reputation for
being very durable and having good customer service. So far I use the
sling a lot more, but I anticipate that as she gets heavier I'm going
to find the stroller more useful. It ain't cheap ($200), but if
you're looking at the Bugaboo I imagine you're able to spend on a good
stroller. And it's actually a great value if you compare it to
similar high-end strollers.

Kate
and the Bug, June 8 2003

> DH and I are trying to decide which of the 500 varieties available is right
> for baby #1, and we're kind of clueless as to how to pick. We read about one
> called the Bugaboo Frog that won all sorts of design awards for its
> versatility, but it costs a lot. But then my brother told me that he ended
> up buying 3 strollers for his first son, and when the second baby came
> along, they sprang for a fourth. 3-4 strollers can add up to a lot of
> money, too, which makes me wonder if springing for one expensive stroller
> that can be used from newborn through age 3 is the better way to go.
>
> Does anyone actually have the bugaboo, or something similar? Any advice
> would be appreciated!
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Erin, edd 10/26/03

Tina
September 15th 03, 04:38 AM
Cheryl > wrote in message news:<

> The best advice I can give you is to go to a store and have a try at
> both folding up and unfolding the stroller, and then lift it to the
> average height of your car boot. If you can't do it easily, keep
> looking.

This is really good advice that I second. On attempting to choose a
double stroller (would have been our fourth stroller), I finally got
this idea, and found out that there was no double stroller I could
lift into my car easily. There have only been two times I've
regretted not having a double stroller, and both times I rented one
easily, total cost 20$, buying one I couldn't lift would've been a
couple hundred.

We currently have three strollers -- one a full size carriage-type I
registered for and got before Sage was born. She could lay down in
it, and the handle reversed so you could see her, even if you moved
the shade. It weighs 30 pounds, and sits in my Mom's garage now.
Solana has been in it maybe twice in her life. The second is a
mid-sized I don't know what brand (about 70$), it folds nicely, has a
tray, and weighs only 15 pounds. We used that one a lot, but the kids
destroyed it. Now we mostly use an umbrella stroller, but we rarely
use a stroller at all.

My main stroller issue was that I refuse to push an empty stroller, or
a stroller with only packages in it. [If I buy something I can't
carry, it gets delivered, or I get help]. If I bring the stroller and
one or more children, it better be because one of them plans on riding
in it. My kids are familiar with this now, so they walk a lot -- and
admit they're going to walk before I drag the stroller out, a lot more
than some of my friends' kids who walk next to empty strollers. That
would drive me nuts.

Tina

September 15th 03, 03:46 PM
"Erin" > wrote in message t>...
> I have a question for all those newsgroup readers out there who are already
> parents: How many strollers do you own?

Four, but I didn't spend any of my money on *any* of them. My mom had
two umbrella strollers which were still in pretty good shape, my
grandma bought me a lightweight Graco for use at the malls etc., and
my ILs gave us money to use for a crib which we actually spent on a
BOB jogging stroller for long urban walks.

The umbrella strollers are flimsy but very compact, and if you're not
rough on them, seem to hold up just fine.

The Graco is roomier than the umbrella strollers and has cargo
capacity and fits in my car. It's difficult to manage with one hand
even though it's designed to close with one hand. DS loves the tray.

The BOB is great for long walks outside but I wouldn't recommend it
for places like malls, as of course it doesn't steer like something
with four wheels. We probably use this one the most, but we walk a
lot.

DS wouldn't really ride in a stroller until he was 6-7 months old,
though. I also own a handed-down OTSBH, a Maya Wrap, and an Evenflow
hiking backpack which have each seen much heavier use than any one of
the strollers.

--
C, mama to 10 month old nursling

Kerry J. Renaissance-McAdams
September 15th 03, 04:51 PM
On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 02:51:51 GMT, (Di )
wrote:

>On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 19:51:33 GMT, "Erin" >
>wrote:
>
>>I have a question for all those newsgroup readers out there who are already
>>parents: How many strollers do you own?
>
>One but we didn't buy it until DD was 10 months old, we used slings
>(those I have 3 of :)) until then. Even now (at 17 months) we tend to
>use the sling more than the stroller.

I own two strollers -- one umbrella type, one larger, more all-terrain
type. Both were gifts, and have been becoming more useful as Miles
has grown. We've mostly carried him in a sling or a baby-pouch; our
latest acquisition on that line is a frame baby back-pack.

Cathy Weeks
September 15th 03, 09:40 PM
"Erin" > wrote in message t>...
> I have a question for all those newsgroup readers out there who are already
> parents: How many strollers do you own?

I think you are asking more than one question: How many do you own,
and how many do you need? Or If you had to start from scratch, which
strollers would you buy, and which would you not buy? Those are VERY
different questions!! :-)

I own 4:

1. Graco Brougham. Bit, cumbersome, but versitile. I hate it. It can
lay flat for the infants, and has several other recline positions. It
can also reverse direction and turn into a pram, so you see the baby.
It was the main stroller that was used for my stepson (who is now 9).
It's been useful to have both with the stepkiddo when he was little,
and even for one week with my daughter when she slept and lived in it
while I was playing boardgames. The extra size was nice then, but we
could have lived without. I think it ran around $100 or maybe a little
less.

2. A kolcraft umbrella stroller. I hate it. I bought it for my
stepson, so that we'd have something small and light to keep in the
trunk. It doesn't fold into umbrella position, rather it folds in
half. It isn't terribly manueverable. I want to throw it out. It's
better than the firs kolcraft I bought (and gave away) where the
wheels lock up easily. $35

3. Baby Jogger for running on gravel roads and trails. It was my one
BIG baby purchase, and I don't regret it for an instant. We've used it
since my daughter was 8 weeks old, and it's a fabulous jog stroller.
It was expensive, though, nearly $300.

4. MacLaren daytripper (this year's model is called MacLaren Triumph,
I think - the second lowest model). EXCELLENT umbrella stroller. It
reclines from upright to semi-reclining, has a 5-pt harness, a basket,
a canopy and a rainfly, and it weighs about 11 pounds, and folds
pretty small. Added bonus are the taller handles and angled frame so
that you don't kick the wheels. $130. We bought it in January, when
my daughter was a year old, and it's become our default stroller.

If I were doing it again, I'd purchase the baby jogger and the
MacLaren in an instant. The main thing is WHAT you want to do. Do
you hike or run a lot? I go running with my daughter at least once a
week. No regular stroller can reasonably be used for hiking or
jogging. If you don't run or hike regularly, I'd say, skip the jog
stroller, and go with one of the Maclarens. There are fancier models
that recline to a flat position as well, if that's important. It
wasn't to me, because I never really used a stroller until my daughter
was a couple of months old.

The times when the big stroller that lay flat was really a must was
when we spent that week playing boardgames, and the kiddo was in the
stroller a lot. But I could have borrowed a stroller for that.

Cathy Weeks
mommy to Kivi Alexis 12/01

4. MacLaren Daytripper

HollyLewis
September 16th 03, 01:39 AM
>I have a question for all those newsgroup readers out there who are already
>parents: How many strollers do you own?

Three that are in somewhat regular use. Two others in storage. Plus the bike
trailer, which can also be used as a stroller. So I guess six.

It's rare to find a family that didn't end up owning at least three of them by
the time their children outgrew strollers altogether.

For us, it makes the most sense to have the "main" stroller live in the house;
we use it when we walk to the park, out to dinner, etc. We have a secondary
stroller that lives in the car; we use it any time we drive to a location where
we want a stroller.

When DS was an infant, the car stroller was a Snap-n-Go used with his carseat;
that's one of the ones now in storage. It's been replaced first by a cheap
umbrella stroller, which is the second one now in storage, and then by a Combi
Savvy which we purchased when we took a vacation for which we needed a
lightweight travel stroller that reclined and had a storage basket and a hood.

The third one that's in use is a side-by-side double, which our nanny uses when
she is caring for two children (we share her with another family).

Some leave their main stroller in the car all the time because they don't live
in a pedestrian-friendly area, and thus don't have as much need for multiples.
But some people find it useful to have a stroller that lives at work, at
daycare, at Grandma's house, etc. in addition to one at home, and some end up
wanting a double stroller because they have another child while the first one
is still small enough to want a ride, or, as in our case, for a shared
childcare arrangement. Whether one do-it-all stroller is a good idea depends
on, you know, your life. :-) But it seems that most people eventually wind up
with more than one no matter what they buy first.

Holly
Mom to Camden, 2.5 yrs

JuliesSolo
September 16th 03, 02:44 AM
I have a vintage 1950's Peg Perego baby carriage and a vintage PP stroller, but
they're just for fun walks around the neighborhood. I'm an antique fanatic,
and I couldn't resist them!

I started out with the graco travel system that included the Quatro Tour
stroller. After lifting that thing in and out of my car one too many times, I
sold it and got a Snap-n-Go, and I love it! The Kolcraft or Baby Trend models
that are barebones and you just snap the infant carrier on it are great! I
leave the Snap-n-Go in the back of my car.

Baby will soon be out of his carrier, since he's big for his age, so I have a
McLaren Quest stroller ready to go. Haven't tried it yet, but read great
reviews. Has a 5 point harness, 4 reclining positions. It's expensive, but I
found it online for $180 with free shipping, which is a good deal. My only
complaints about it so far (since I haven't used it yet) are that it doesn't
have a drink tray or basket. You can buy drink holder attachments, and it
comes with a mesh bag that hangs on the back of it.

My step-daugter-in-law is due any day with her first baby. If I wind up
watching him often, I'll have to get a double stroller (since my grandson and
son will only be 3.5 months apart in age), but I'll likely go with a
Maclaren... the other models I see are so big and HEAVY!

I personally don't need any others. Maybe if I jogged, I'd need a jogging
stroller, but I'm lazy, so I don't need one. I personally don't have a use for
more than one stroller for infant and one for young toddler; will wait and see
about the double.