PDA

View Full Version : Did tou know you were pregnant....

SCRUNCH
May 23rd 06, 02:40 AM
before AF was late? If so, how many DPO and what were the signs??
Thanks

Engram
May 23rd 06, 04:50 AM
In my case I didn't have a period as I was still exclusively breast feeding
at the time. The only sign I got was some very minor morning sickness (I was
slightly nauseous in the morning two days in a row) around 4 or 5 weeks of
gestation. As we were not using any contraception I decided to do a home
test and it came back positive. I had thought I was over-reacting by testing
as most web sites say morning sickness starts around 8 weeks...

"SCRUNCH" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> before AF was late? If so, how many DPO and what were the signs??
> Thanks

rangitotogirl
May 23rd 06, 05:23 AM
"SCRUNCH" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> before AF was late? If so, how many DPO and what were the signs??
> Thanks

Yes, I tested positive at 11dpo. The first signs were at 10dpo. I was
rebounding and it just didn't feel right so I stopped. I was having
niggling sensations throughout the day but this is pretty common with endo,
though the feelings I had when I was exercising felt different. I didn't
bother testing then. The next day I decided to take my one and only luteal
phase temperature just to see and it was higher than other cycles where I
had temped. When I got out of bed my bu$t felt like it had expanded
overnight, again not too uncommon for that to happen, however it happened
later on in my cycle than normal and I was pretty sure I had mastered the
ongoing problem of the fibrocystic br**sts that month. I tested and it was
positive.

Any of the three in isolation weren't really enough for me to consider
testing as I've experienced variations on most of it but the three in
combination did make me consider testing.

hobbes
May 23rd 06, 03:52 PM
"SCRUNCH" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> before AF was late? If so, how many DPO and what were the signs??
> Thanks

I was pretty sure I was pregnant my 3rd time before I missed my AF, but I
can't remember quite how many dpo I was. I've always gotten pregnant in the
first month of trying, so I knew there was a good chance, but I was pretty
sure when I got up one morning and felt the room spinning; I felt queasy
every morning after that, so I did an early indicator test a couple days
before I was expecting AF, and it came out with a faint positive. Turns out
that I was pregnant with twins at the time--don't know if that had anything
to do with early symptoms (or early test positive) or not.

--
Jodi, sahm to
Oliver (5 years)

lucy-h
May 24th 06, 01:55 PM
"SCRUNCH" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> before AF was late? If so, how many DPO and what were the signs??
> Thanks

I knew before AF was due on all my previous pregnancies, morning sickness,
tiredness, and just a general feeling. This time however, I was still
getting really severe period pain when AF was due, and even went to the
doctor for an internal examination, as it was about the 6th month in a row
that I had had pain. I'd had sickness, but that was a normal part of my
cycle at that point. She gave me an internal exam, and said nothing was
unusual. Only when she kept asking if the pain could mean I was pregnant,
despite me only being a day late did I relent and take a test later in the
week... I nearly fell over in a faint, while she found it highly amusing!!

Lucy
--

Due with a little girl 15.06.06
http://lucys-pregnancy.tripod.com/

sharalyns
May 24th 06, 03:31 PM
Yep--Got a (+) at 11 dpo. Symptoms from 6 dpo on. We figured I was pg
or there was something *really* wrong. I had all the classic symptoms
along wth severe morning sickness (ha--morning.....).

Sharalyn
mom to Alexander James (9/21/01)

lucy-h
May 24th 06, 05:07 PM
"sharalyns" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Yep--Got a (+) at 11 dpo. Symptoms from 6 dpo on. We figured I was pg
> or there was something *really* wrong. I had all the classic symptoms
> along wth severe morning sickness (ha--morning.....).
>
> Sharalyn
> mom to Alexander James (9/21/01)

heh :) whoever called it "morning" sickness should be have tried being pg
first :))

Lucy